• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

rojse

RF Addict
No, but the gemstones have been analyzed by jewelers. One of the diamonds is an 11.5 carat, or somethng like that, which doesn't exist in this world. The jewelers could not put a price on them because the cuts on these diamonds were not made by human hands, no flaws in them and the quality of the gemstones are beyond what they've ever seen.

There is also oil (which smells of roses) flowing from his Bible with no apparent source.

You want to tell us an omniprescent and omnipotent god's best evidence is that he gives jewels to his believers?

rojse

RF Addict
Oh and as long as this is a God make hot women thread......SHE, to me, will always be the most gorgeous person who has ever or will ever walk this planet.
:thud: I realize not everyone will think she's amazingly, crazy gorgeous like I do, or even pretty, but if there were a god.....in my opinion, this would be his masterpiece. :D

Is that you, Stacey?

Draka

Wonder Woman
You want to tell us an omniprescent and omnipotent god's best evidence is that he gives jewels to his believers?

Yeah. Because obviously those particular people deserve jewels more than babies and children starving to death need food. What better way to prove a kind and loving god's existence than by going to Jared? :areyoucra

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Oh and as long as this is a God make hot women thread......SHE, to me, will always be the most gorgeous person who has ever or will ever walk this planet.

...this is really just for my enjoyment, don't mind me! :D

:thud: I realize not everyone will think she's amazingly, crazy gorgeous like I do, or even pretty, but if there were a god.....in my opinion, this would be his masterpiece. :D
It's good to be in love. ;)

Paroxys

Metaphysical Ruminator
Ugliness is a painful part of this world's existance, but a necessary one, according to God, otherwise we would not and could not recognize beauty when we see it.

This life is temporary. Whatever flaws exist in this life will be completely corrected and restored to their perfect order, in the next life, according to our faithfulness. We will, however, all eventually obtain perfect resurrected bodies, a free gift to all men because of Christ's sacrifice for us, when he overcame death on the cross.

The conditions of this life are temporary, not eternal, thanks to Jesus Christ and his sacrifice on our behalf.

We see ugliness in the world in order that we might appreciate and know beauty.

Should we dwell on the ugliness of this world, or rather focus on the beauty that awaits us, if we are faithful.

My point is, you can say that x, y, or z, is a perfect example of beauty and could not be possibly a result of randomness, however, that is a biased view. Take the opposition, ugliness exists, but not just ugliness, everything in-between ugliness and beauty, and it's the in-between where the majority lies.

This sort of bell-shaped distribution between beauty and ugly is actually quite cogent evidence to suggest that beauty is in fact, a result of random chance.
Or rather think about it another way in terms of flipping coins:
Everyone flips a coin 1000 times. You would expect that one gets 500 heads and tails, but this obviously won't be the case, some people would get more heads, some would get more tails. The resulting distribution of this set would be absolutely identical to the distribution of beauty.

In fact, this sort of distribution found all throughout the world, giving more credence to the notion all creation is the result of randomly chance.

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Genesis was written by inspiration given to Moses, so yeah, no one was there to witness it, of course. Moses may have witnessed the event "in the spirit" (had a vision of the creation process).

So, there have been many creation stories that predate Genesis by thousand of years, what make them any less real then yours?
And no Bible quotes this time:areyoucra

FFH

Veteran Member
So a child with horrendous defects and deformities is necessary so we can recognize the beauty of the pretty child? Thanks, ugly kid (of course some of that thanks goes to your buddy God as well). You've helped make the other children more appealing and popular, so smile when you look into the mirror and see your malformed, disfigured face. Now don't cry, it's all part of God's plan.
John 9
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man. or his parents, that he was born blind?

3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Apparently this man was born blind for the purpose of Jesus being able to heal him, so that the works of God "could be made manifest". So that Jesus could prove that he was doing the work that his Father in Heaven sent him to do.

We don't know all the specific reasons why some are born healthy, some sick, some ugly, some beautiful, but there is a divine reason for it.

Remember though, many bad things in this world are caused by men, not God, including birth defects.

Last edited:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Remember though, many bad things in this world are caused by men, not God, including birth defects.

Shouldn't a divine God be able to fix such things? Surely he could i mean he's the super-fantastic-creator-of-thy-universe so he can do whatever he wants cant he?

FFH

Veteran Member
Shouldn't a divine God be able to fix such things? Surely he could i mean he's the super-fantastic-creator-of-thy-universe so he can do whatever he wants cant he?
It takes faith, believing that such a miracle will happen.

Many miracles have happened to me.

I was caught in mid air and set down as light as a feather once when I was thrown from a bike (bicycle) while traveling about 20 miles an hour, down a straight steep road on Mt Fuji, as an LDS missionary in Japan, at night. I had slammed on the brakes so hard that the front wheel locked up and I was air born. I should have busted up my body when I landed but didn't. I felt a power unseen take every part of my body and slow it down and set me on my feet as light as a feather. It was an incredible feeling. I will never forget it. Every part of my being was held suspended and slowed down in air and I was set down as light as a feather. It was nearly unnoticable, it was so seemless, meaning it was such a smooth action that it seemed as if it didn't really happen, but my missionary companion confirmed what I felt. We were in such shock that we never spoke about it, he just said, "I can't believe what just happened to you". We never talked about it after that for some reason. I think we both didn't fully realize what had happened at that time.

I've also had my foot completely restored after it was crushed in a motorcycle accident. I was out of work for a year and should have lost my foot, but God was merciful and restored my foot, after it had been nearly dead for six months and swollen for a year.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
John 9
1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man. or his parents, that he was born blind?

3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Apparently this man was born blind for the purpose of Jesus being able to heal him, so that the works of God "could be made manifest". So that Jesus could prove that he was doing the work that his Father in Heaven sent him to do.

We don't know all the specific reasons why some are born healthy, some sick, some ugly, some beautiful, but there is a divine reason for it.

How convenient, yet inefficient; how does breaking something just to fix it make any sense or serve any point?

FFH

Veteran Member
How convenient, yet inefficient; how does breaking something just to fix it make any sense or serve any point?
It was to show the world that we don't have to live with blindness or any other defect.

God was trying to show us that he made the eyes and everything else in this universe and he is also capable of restoring all things to their perfect order, no matter what happens.

God is not limited in his creative and restorative powers.

Last edited:

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
It takes faith, believing that such a miracle will happen.

Many miracles have happened to me.

I was caught in mid air and set down as light as a feather once when I was thrown from a bike (bicycle) while traveling about 20 miles an hour, down a straight steep road on Mt Fuji, as an LDS missionary in Japan, at night. I had slammed on the brakes so hard that the front wheel locked up and I was air born. I should have busted up my body when I landed but didn't. I felt a power unseen take every part of my body and slow it down and set me on my feet as light as a feather. It was an incredible feeling. I will never forget it. Every part of my being was held suspended and slowed down in air and I was set down as light as a feather. It was nearly unnoticable, it was so seemless, meaning it was such a smooth action that it seemed as if it didn't really happen, but my missionary companion confirmed what I felt. We were in such shock that we never spoke about it, he just said, "I can't believe what just happened to you". We never talked about it after that for some reason. I think we both didn't fully realize what had happened at that time.

I've also had my foot completely restored after it was crushed in a motorcycle accident. I was out of work for a year and should have lost my foot, but God was merciful and restored my foot, after it had been nearly dead for six months and swollen for a year.

Hmmm... a bit of wishful thinking there FFH. I used to race motorcross when i lived in New Zealand. I once crashed on a corner and a hot engine landed on my arm. Strangely my arm did not scar even though it was a horrible burn. Is that a miracle? No, its just a freak mutation of cells that should not have healed as they did. I think you have to blind yourself to all other reasons to accept that God saved you.

FFH

Veteran Member
Okay, just found them, these are pretty intense...

!!!!! Warning graphic images !!!!!

pixel-vfl73.gif

Amazing Healing 1 : Paralysis of the lower part of the body

pixel-vfl73.gif

Amazing Healing 2 : Cancer Of The Right Leg

pixel-vfl73.gif

Amazing Healing 3 : Parkinson Syndrome

pixel-vfl73.gif

Amazing Healing 4 : Cancer of the Left Breast

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It was to show the world that we don't have to live with blindness or any other defect.
So he created blindness to show that we don't have to live with it? What? That's your answer?

God was trying to show us that he made the eyes and everything else in this universe and he is also capable of restoring all things to their perfect order, no matter what happens.

God is not limited in his creative and restorative powers.

Then why not restore everything all at once, right now. Or better yet, have created things to have remained perfect in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.