• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

How so? What exactly did he answer?

Well actually he allowed scripture to answer for him because I can only assume that he felt that he couldn't put it any better way.

If there are two who are true in services and obedience to the true word of Yah and have the faith of Yahshua Ha Mashiach then whatever that they agree on and ask of that shall happen to those that ask for here on earth. In otherwords he was showing through scripture an answer to those that are in need and what would be one of the things that they could do to be healed.

Now, I give my honest opinion on the matter. Yahshua was speaking to his diciples and then and they are not here now so maybe no more healing or those that say they are true are maybe not so true or maybe they do heal but it be a trick because Helel used them and gave them the power to heal to trick people.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I'm sorry, that still doesn't explain jack diddly. There are plenty of christians afflicted with all different things who go to church, who pray in groups and may even have their whole congregation praying for them and may well be extremely devout and STILL suffer or die from their affliction. Throwing one bible quote out there doesn't address these people at all. It is a lame duck response and nothing more.

FFH

Veteran Member
Draka said:
I'm sorry, that still doesn't explain jack diddly. There are plenty of christians afflicted with all different things who go to church, who pray in groups and may even have their whole congregation praying for them and may well be extremely devout and STILL suffer or die from their affliction. Throwing one bible quote out there doesn't address these people at all. It is a lame duck response and nothing more.
Philipians 1: 21
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Last edited:

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

Oh well. Maybe they need a good smacking with your broom.

That oughta straighten them sick people out. :D

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

I doubt very seriously that there could ever be a answer that would ever satisfy no matter what it may be. Well short of one belief getting another belief admit their belief is wrong and then say they now believe the other belief. LOL

Oh well! ;)

FFH

Veteran Member
King James Version
Philipians 1: 21
For to me to live is (the King James is missing this part of the sentence) Christ, and to die is gain.

Part of the sentence/scripture is missing in the King James. This particular sentence/scripture really does not make sense as it's written in the King James.

Here's the Joseph Smith inspired version, correcting the flawed King James version.

Joseph Smith Inspired Version
Philippians 1:22
For me to live, is to do the will of Christ; and to die, is my gain.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
So I am better off talking to a doctor than to God to get things done?
We do all we can and let God do the rest.

"Faith without works is dead"

For example we need to eat right if we want to be sickness and disease free.

We can't say, "God heal my messed up body," while at the same time taking in junk, like beer, cigarettes, coffee, etc.

Last edited:

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

We can't say God heal my messed up body, while at the same time taking in junk, like beer, cigarettes, coffee, etc.

Mat 9:12 When Yahshua heard it, he said to them, "Those who are healthy have no need for a physician, but those who are sick do.

Sententia

We can't say, "God heal my messed up body," while at the same time taking in junk, like beer, cigarettes, coffee, etc.

How is coffee considered junk?

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Christ will renew this earth and restore our bodies to their perfect order

Ok, I've always been a bit confused when you say this. What is perfection? Or rather...aren't we all perfect in God's eyes? Why would he want to change us if he made us the way we are? Isn't that some big thing people say..."ooh God made you the way you are and he loves you THAT way." How can we be perfected in his eyes? I don't get it!!

The dreams I had last night fade into dust...

Haha! Sorry to disappoint you. I've dreamed about her, too...:yes::drool:

FFH

Veteran Member
Ok, I've always been a bit confused when you say this. What is perfection? Or rather...aren't we all perfect in God's eyes? Why would he want to change us if he made us the way we are? Isn't that some big thing people say..."ooh God made you the way you are and he loves you THAT way." How can we be perfected in his eyes? I don't get it!!
There must be an opposition in all things in this world, ugliness and beauty, hot and cold, pain and pleasure, sadness and joy, hate and love, war and peace, sickness and health, etc.

The Lord gives unto us our "weaknesses" to humble us, but if we humble ourselves, our weaknesses can become strengths unto us.

FFH

Veteran Member
A very eloquent answer if I do say so myself.
The Joseph Smith version adds this sentence in red.

Joseph Smith Inspired Version
Matthew 18:19
Again, I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, that they may not ask amiss, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

King James Version
Matthew 18: 19
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.