• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did God Create This ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
There must be an opposition in all things in this world, ugliness and beauty, hot and cold, pain and pleasure, sadness and joy, hate and love, war and peace, sickness and health, etc.

The Lord gives unto us our "weaknesses" to humble us, but if we humble ourselves, our weaknesses can become strengths unto us.

I get that but I don't feel that answered my question. We are all beautiful in God's eyes, right? Why would he "restore" us if we are all beautiful to him? How does he gauge beauty? What is his standard of beauty? I mean...I'm not a supermodel but I don't think I'm ugly. Would God feel the need to restore me?

FFH

Veteran Member
I get that but I don't feel that answered my question. We are all beautiful in God's eyes, right? Why would he "restore" us if we are all beautiful to him? How does he gauge beauty? What is his standard of beauty? I mean...I'm not a supermodel but I don't think I'm ugly. Would God feel the need to restore me?
I've said this many times....

I've seen a fallen angel (human spirit) and an exalted angel (human spirit) and they both had perfect faces.

We live in a fallen world, with imperfections, which helps us appreciate perfection when we see it.

A perfect body is a gift to all eventually, in the next life, because of Christ's sacrifice on our behalf. This is very good news for all of us.

Where we spend eternity is another matter altogether however.

According to LDS doctrine, overcoming death, and obtaining a perfect body, is a free gift, overcoming hell, however, is not a free gift, and takes effort on our part.

We all have imperfect bodies, but it wasn't that way in the garden of Eden, before Adam and Eve fell. God created all things perfect and good in the Garden. There was no ugliness, pain, sickness, suffering, sorrow, sin, etc., only that which was beautiful and good.

Last edited:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
I've said this many times....

I've seen a fallen angel (human spirit) and an exalted angel (human spirit) and they both had perfect faces.

We live in a fallen world, with imperfections, which helps us appreciate perfection when we see it.

A perfect body is a gift to all eventually, in the next life, because of Christ's sacrifice on our behalf. This is very good news for all of us.

Where we spend eternity is another matter altogether however.

According to LDS doctrine, overcoming death and obtaining a perfect body is a free gift, overcoming hell, however, is not a free gift and takes effort on our part.

We all have imperfect bodies, but it wasn't that way in the garden of Eden, before Adam and Eve fell. God created all things perfect and good in the Garden. There was no ugliness, pain, suffering, sorrow, sin, etc., only that which was beautiful and good.

Ok, I guess you just don't have the answer. :shrug:

FFH

Veteran Member
Life isn't perfect.

Paula white's father committed sucicide, she was sexually abused from 6 to 13, she used to live in a trailer park, she's been divorced twice, et'c.

Life isn't perfect, but out of that imperfection we can become perfected.

We've all been through some stuff, but we can tap into God's perfection, we just have to do what's required of us.

People love to throw stones, she just dodges them: What's going on in Paula White's life? (Meaning people were wondering why she and her husband of 18 years divorced).

Last edited:

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
Life isn't perfect.

Paula white's father committed sucicide, she was sexually abused from 6 to 13, she use to live in a trailer park, she's been divorced twice, et'c.

Life isn't perfect, but out of that imperfection we can become perfected.

We've all been through some stuff, but we can tap into God's perfection, we just have to do what's required of us.

What's going on in Paula White's life?

Yea and money can solve a lot of your problems.

Jeremy Mason

I have met some people with ugly personalities...restoring inter-beauty is something to cherish. I think you know what I mean. :)

Berachiah Ben Yisrael

The Joseph Smith version adds this sentence in red.

Joseph Smith Inspired Version
Matthew 18:19
Again, I say unto you, that if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, that they may not ask amiss, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

King James Version
Matthew 18: 19
Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.

Well I kinda already understood that just by reading my KJV. ;)

From what my understanding of what you have thus far posted with all of your quotes of the BoM up to this point is that it really isn't anything more than another comentary. There are so many comentaries out there that are made as sidekicks to the scripture but the BoM to me is Joseph Smiths comentary built right in. But thats just my own opinion and do not mean to offend. :)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Paula white's father committed sucicide, she was sexually abused from 6 to 13, she used to live in a trailer park, she's been divorced twice, et'c.

Why the hell would you include living in a trailer park with that list, as if it were comparable to the horror of sexual abuse? Are you prejudice against people who live in trailer parks or something? And why should we respect the "authority" of a god who does absolutely nothing but sit idly by and allows children to be sexually abused? Would you still respect the authority of a cop who just sat back and watched you get robbed and assaulted instead of upholding the law and serving and protecting the innocent? Why would anyone want to worship a worthless god that does nothing except squander his power? How can he be seen as a force of good when he does none? What purpose does he serve? It really says a lot when the "real" god and fake gods are indistinguishable from one another.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
FH,

God has to allow men their free agency, even if that means perpetrating horrors upon the innocent, so that the wicked may be judged, according to their crimes against the innocent.

If God prevented men from doing what they wanted to do they could never be tested, and then therefore never judged, according to the good or evil they had done, while in their mortal bodies.

The answer to your last post, FH, is in purple and more specifically in the underlined parts, explainging that the Lord had, and has, allowed this, and all other horrible things like this, to be perptetrated against the innocent, so that the wicked will be judged, according to their works of evil, perpetrated against the innocent.

Alma 14 (Book of Mormon)

8 And they brought their wives and children together, and whosoever believed or had been taught to believe in the word of God they caused that they should be cast into the fire; and they also brought forth their records which contained the holy scriptures, and cast them into the fire also, that they might be burned and destroyed by fire.

9 And it came to pass that they took Alma and Amulek, and carried them forth to the place of martyrdom, that they might witness the destruction of those who were consumed by fire.

10 And when Amulek saw the pains of the women and children who were consuming in the fire, he also was pained; and he said unto Alma: How can we witness this awful scene? Therefore let us stretch forth our hands, and exercise the power of God which is in us, and save them from the flames.

11 But Alma said unto him: The Spirit constraineth me that I must not stretch forth mine hand; for behold the Lord receiveth them up unto himself, in glory; and he doth suffer that they may do this thing, or that the people may do this thing unto them, according to the hardness of their hearts, that the judgements which he shall exercise upon them in his wrath may be just; and the blood of the innocent shall stand as a witness against them, yea, and cry mightily against them at the last day.

12 Now Amulek said unto Alma: Behold, perhaps they will burn us also.

13 And Alma said: Be it according to the will of the Lord. But, behold, our work is not finished; therefore they burn us not.

14 Now it came to pass that when the bodies of those who had been cast into the fire were consumed, and also the records which were cast in with them, the chief judge of the land came and stood before Alma and Amulek, as they were bound; and he smote them with his hand upon their cheeks, and said unto them: After what ye have seen, will ye preach again unto this people, that they shall be cast into a take of fire and brimstone?

15 Behold, ye see that ye had not power to save those who had been cast into the fire; neither has God saved them because they were of thy faith. And the judge smote them again upon their cheeks, and asked: What say ye for yourselves?

16 Now this judge was after the order and faith of Nehor, who slew Gideon.

17 And it came to pass that Alma and Amulek answered him nothing; and he smote them again, and delivered them to the officers to be cast into prison.

Last edited:

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
So then would protecting your own family from those that would harm them interfere with gods wacky plan to test and judge them? Besides, isn't god smart enough to know that if they actually tried to do something wicked and vile, it really wouldn't matter if they were successful or not? Like if someone jumped out of the bushes, pulled a gun and shot at you, but missed. God would still know the guy tried to sin and murder you, right? He's supposed to know what's in our hearts and minds already, correct? It makes more sense to worship a can of creamed corn than it does to worship your god. At least with a can of cream corn you can feed the good and bludgeon the bad, which is far more than what your god does.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
So then would protecting your own family from those that would harm them interfere with gods wacky plan to test and judge them? Besides, isn't god smart enough to know that if they actually tried to do something wicked and vile, it really wouldn't matter if they were successful or not? Like if someone jumped out of the bushes, pulled a gun and shot at you, but missed. God would still know the guy tried to sin and murder you, right? He's supposed to know what's in our hearts and minds already, correct?
Again, FH, your answer lies here.

We are allowed to defend ourselves, when there is no doubt that any given enemy has determined to destroy us.

Doctrine and Covenants 98

34 And if any nation, tongue, or people should proclaim war against them, they should first lift a standard of peace unto that people, nation, or tongue;

35 And if that people did not accept the offering of peace, neither the second nor the third time, they should bring these testimonies before the Lord;

36 Then I, the Lord, would give unto them a commandment, and justify them in going out to battle against that nation, tongue, or people.

37 And I, the Lord, would fight their battles, and their children’s battles, and their children’s children’s, until they had avenged themselves on all their enemies, to the third and fourth generation.

38 Behold, this is an ensample unto all people, saith the Lord your God, for justification before me.

39 And again, verily I say unto you, if after thine enemy has come upon thee the first time, he repent and come unto thee praying thy forgiveness, thou shalt forgive him, and shalt hold it no more as a testimony against thine enemy—

40 And so on unto the second and third time; and as oft as thine enemy repenteth of the trespass wherewith he has trespassed against thee, thou shalt forgive him, until seventy times seven.

41 And if he trespass against thee and repent not the first time, nevertheless thou shalt forgive him.

42 And if he trespass against thee the second time, and repent not, nevertheless thou shalt forgive him.

43 And if he trespass against thee the third time, and repent not, thou shalt also forgive him.

44 But if he trespass against thee the fourth time thou shalt not forgive him, but shalt bring these testimonies before the Lord; and they shall not be blotted out until he repent and reward thee four-fold in all things wherewith he has trespassed against thee.

45 And if he do this, thou shalt forgive him with all thine heart; and if he do not this, I, the Lord, will avenge thee of thine enemy an hundred-fold;

46 And upon his children, and upon his children’s children of all them that hate me, unto the third and fourth generation.

47 But if the children shall repent, or the children’s children, and turn to the Lord their God, with all their hearts and with all their might, mind, and strength, and restore four-fold for all their trespasses wherewith they have trespassed, or wherewith their fathers have trespassed, or their fathers’ fathers, then thine indignation shall be turned away;

48 And vengeance shall no more come upon them, saith the Lord thy God, and their trespasses shall never be brought any more as a testimony before the Lord against them. Amen.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
God is about having fun (joy), otherwise he would not have created the exacting conditions whereby this could take place.

World Championships Dual Moguls qualifying run

2 Nephi 2: 25 (Book of Mormon)
Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy.

Joy will continue on into the next life, only we will experience a more intense joy, a "fullness of joy".

Doctrine and Covenants 138: 17 (LDS scripture)
Their sleeping dust was to be restored restored unto its perfect frame, bone to his bone, and the sinews and the flesh upon them, the spirit and the body to be united never again to be divided, that they might receive a fulness of joy.

Last edited:

Sententia

My creamed corn is better than yours, and I will fight you in order to prove it.

Why do reject all other creamed corns? Why not try them all? Do you always just eat the corn given to you by where you grew up or are you willing to try and accept corns of all nations?

hee hee :)

rojse

RF Addict
Why do reject all other creamed corns? Why not try them all? Do you always just eat the corn given to you by where you grew up or are you willing to try and accept corns of all nations?

hee hee :)

*head explodes*

When you look into your heart, you will find that the one true creamed corn is identical to mine, and if you don't, you obviously haven't looked hard enough.

Sententia

I dont want you and I dont need you
Dont bother to resist, Ill beat you
Its not your fault that youre always wrong
The weak ones are there to justify the strong
The beautiful people, the beautiful people
Its all relative to the size of your steeple
You cant see the forest for the trees
You cant smell
Your own **** on your knees
Hey you, what do you see?
Something beautiful, something free?
Hey you, are you trying to be mean?
If you live with apes, man, its hard to be clean

The worms will live in every host
Its hard to pick which one they eat most
The horrible people, the horrible people
Its as anatomic as the size of your steeple
Capitalism has made it this way,
Old-fashioned fascism
Will take it away

Sententia

*head explodes*

When you look into your heart, you will find that the one true creamed corn is identical to mine, and if you don't, you obviously haven't looked hard enough.

I did open the can to get the corn... but found none there. Perhaps that is the same for you. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.