• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus really have to die for our sins?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
As I said, it does prove my point. All sin is against God. And sin is judged by God wherever it is.

No, it doesn't show that God 'can' judge sinners. It shows that He will judge sinners.

WHERE does it say he MUST judge sinners?

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto man once to die, but after this the judgement:

Quantrill

Hebrews 9:27 (NIV)-
"27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, "

Destined :"1.(of a person's future) Developing as though according to a plan."

Destined by whom? :)

Last edited:

Quantrill

WHERE does it say he MUST judge sinners?

Hebrews 9:27 (NIV)-
"27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, "

Destined :"1.(of a person's future) Developing as though according to a plan."

Destined by whom? :)

I just showed you that all sin is against God. And I showed you that God has appointed a day where everyman will be judged. God must judge sin wherever it exists.

Quantrill

Koldo

Outstanding Member
I just showed you that all sin is against God.

Why MUST something that is against God automatically require action from God?

Funny enough, according to you, even so God doesn't have to act instantly.

And I showed you that God has appointed a day where everyman will be judged. God must judge sin wherever it exists.

Quantrill

God could just not appoint any day for judgement.
Simple.

Quantrill

Why MUST something that is against God automatically require action from God?

Funny enough, according to you, even so God doesn't have to act instantly.

God could just not appoint any day for judgement.
Simple.

Why does God exist? He does.

Why must God judge or be against sin?, because He is a righteouss God and is against all that is contrary to His nature. Sin.

Though God doesn't act instantly in judgement, all are judged. Yes, quite simple.

Quantrill

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Why must God judge or be against sin?, because He is a righteouss God and is against all that is contrary to His nature. Sin.

There is no logical contradiction in saying God can decide not to judge sins even if sins are against his nature. Therefore, there is no reason to accept your conclusion.

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member

Quantrill

There is no logical contradiction in saying God can decide not to judge sins even if sins are against his nature. Therefore, there is no reason to accept your conclusion.

Logical to you. Not to God.

Accept what you like.

Quantrill

Quantrill

Why does God exist? He doesn't.

Is God also benevolent?

I wonder why he does things like that :rolleyes:

God is a God of love but not at the expenseof His righteousness.

He gives time for repentance. He gives time so that the wicked can fill up their cup of iniquity so that He can distribute a full cup of judgement. So you can drink the dregs.

Quantrill

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
God is a God of love but not at the expenseof His righteousness.

He gives time for repentance. He gives time so that the wicked can fill up their cup of iniquity so that He can distribute a full cup of judgement. So you can drink the dregs.

Quantrill

How loving of him...

idav

Being
Premium Member
and some wonder why this theology isn't confusing for others...

:shrug:
Well at the point a god can forgive humanity for killing his only son(as if he wasn't just going to resurrect him) God could forgive humanity for anything. It is really a sign that god is growing up finally *sniffle*, he didn't drown us or burn us to the ground or anything.

Quantrill

Well at the point a god can forgive humanity for killing his only son(as if he wasn't just going to resurrect him) God could forgive humanity for anything. It is really a sign that god is growing up finally *sniffle*, he didn't drown us or burn us to the ground or anything.

He is not finished.

Quantrill