• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

Shermana

Heretic
Did you forget that quickly that the issue is about verse 1:11?

Verse 1:8 is the Father speaking. You can't just say "It was Jesus because Jesus is the Father". Try that link I posted.

yourgraceisenough

its not the father speaking it is Jesus, it continues...

17And when I had seen him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying: Fear not. I am the First and the Last, 18And alive, and was dead. And behold I am living for ever and ever and have the keys of death and of hell.

Shermana

Heretic
First and the Last is not an exclusive title like Alpha and Omega. He is the Firstborn of Creation and the Last Adam. Mark2020 ran away from this subject last time. Either way, that's not Alpha and Omega anymore now is it.

yourgraceisenough

lol...of course it is...it is repeated three times in a span of around ten scriptures, it is a clear enough statement all three are about the same entity for the same reason, any other assumption would be stupid, especially when tied in with the I am statements and the Jews claims of blasphemy and the fact that a Jealous God would make another a point of worship or the only way to the father...
it all makes perfect sense...

Shermana

Heretic
any other assumption would be stupid
It's stupid to believe that they are the same speaker when it clearly refers to them as different speakers, and it's also stupid to completely ignore what I said about Firstborn among Creation and Last Adam. But sidestepping arguments is a Trinitarian and Antinomian hallmark. No need to read that link I posted either, what a waste of time that would be!

I do find it amusing that you won't even bother discussing the specifics of what I say and simply resort to repeating yourself and calling my argument "Stupid", I'd be annoyed if I didn't deal with this so many times from Trinitarians. Do you want to actually address what I said in the previous posts about the "I am" statements and 10:33 or just repeat yourself?

As for "Worship", are you aware that even King David was "worshipped"? Do you know what "Worship" means?

Last edited:

yourgraceisenough

it does not set them as different speakers at all and all the background information points to the same thing, the fact that this does not fit your doctrinal beliefs is the only problem here...

idav

Being
Premium Member
verses 8-11-18 are all Jesus speaking....
That is god speaking and god and the lamb are distinguished from each other in chapter 7.

“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”

*Note that the lamb is not sitting on the throne.

idav

Being
Premium Member
but salvation belongs also to the lamb, when does God share salvation...

the three statements are about the same entity....

Jesus is God..
No they aren't the same entity. God is not the lamb. God is sitting on the throne and blood is being poured on the lamb to make it white.

yourgraceisenough

your quote said salvation belongs to God and the lamb, why would a Jealous God share salvation...

because they are the same entity, just as the the I am statements and the alpha and omega statements are all about the same entity....

idav

Being
Premium Member
your quote said salvation belongs to God and the lamb, why would a Jealous God share salvation...

because they are the same entity, just as the the I am statements and the alpha and omega statements are all about the same entity....
You haven't shown they are the same entity. The verses show they are separate entities. The lamb stays the lamb to the end so it couldn't be Jesus speaking in the beginning nor would he be the angel speaking throughout Revelations.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
I am the alpha and the Omega...

Nope. Sorry. Context for that is explained right here,,,,,,,

[youtube]XCB1jmTpe6I[/youtube]
Jesus is NOT the ALPHA AND OMEGA - YouTube

I am statements...

Nope. Sorry. That verse only shows that Yeshua existed before Abraham.

forgiving sins...

Nope. The power to forgive sins is something his god granted him.

Matthew 9:6 and 8
But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, then saith he to the sick of the palsy, Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house. .....But when the multitudes saw it, they marveled, and glorified God, which had given such power unto men.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
the statement is in every single version of the bible I have....:)

Then check the oldest known codex, "the oldest known bible".....The Codex Sinaiticus".....You will find that A LOT of the modern day interpolations (passages added by scribes) are not present in the oldest of manuscripts such as the one you keep referring to.

Last edited:

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
No they aren't the same entity. God is not the lamb. God is sitting on the throne and blood is being poured on the lamb to make it white.

Not only that but way back in chapter 4 and 5 The Lamb is "standing" amongst the the elders. This is an explicit statement..then John says "God" was seated upon the throne and The Lamb steps forward to take the scroll from the hand of his god. This is what John said he saw.....This is how we know they're not the same. Just as well as the chapter you pointed out.

yourgraceisenough

here we go again the three scriptures in rev.. show that the three statements I am the alpha and the omega are clearly about the same person...
the statement alive, died and rose again clarifies that that person is God of which Jesus is one in the same as to my knowledge God almighty never died...

added to the I am statements Jesus made and the fact that the Jews who crucified Jesus knew what Jesus was implying and that a "jealous" God would make Jesus the only way to salvation and offer him up to worship all demonstrate the fact Jesus and God are one in the same..

Mark2020

First and the Last is not an exclusive title like Alpha and Omega. He is the Firstborn of Creation and the Last Adam. Mark2020 ran away from this subject last time. Either way, that's not Alpha and Omega anymore now is it.

hahaha, you funny guy!
Even your argument here is so funny!
Throwing such poor arguments only show how desperate you are.

By the way, do you want me to remind you how many times you ran away from our discussions?

Mark2020

Anyway, all translations have "the Alpha and the Omega" here, referring to Lord God:

(Revelation 1:8 [NIV]) I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

and He who is to come was pierced:
(Revelation 1:7 [NIV]) Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

outhouse

Atheistically
Anyway, all translations have "the Alpha and the Omega" here, referring to Lord God:

(Revelation 1:8 [NIV]) I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

and He who is to come was pierced:
(Revelation 1:7 [NIV]) Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

mythology of A and O were around a long time before Revelations