• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

waitasec

Veteran Member
Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
I think you misunderstood my point.

It was focusing on Philippians 2:7

English Standard Version (©2001)
but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men.
Young's Literal Translation
but did empty himself, the form of a servant having taken, in the likeness of men having been made,

Gill:

this is still a moot point...
start another thread that asks if paul says jesus is god...

but really, that goes without saying doesn't it....

waitasec

Veteran Member
that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

So you take "you are in me and I am in you" to mean "in one accord " ?

yes because
that all of them may be one, Father, just

waitasec

Veteran Member
what has this got to do with this:
"you are in me and I am in you"
the four letter word just and a two letter word as
just happens to be an adverb
an adverb qualifies a verb or another adverb. in this case, the adverb being as which is used in comparison to refer to the extent or degree of something and in this case it is "you are in me and i am in you"

Mark2020

the four letter word just and a two letter word as
just happens to be an adverb
an adverb qualifies a verb or another adverb. in this case, the adverb being as which is used in comparison to refer to the extent or degree of something and in this case it is "you are in me and i am in you"

Can you apply your own rule here:

(John 17:16 [KJV]) They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

ps. Both "just as" and "even as" are the same Greek word "kathos"

waitasec

Veteran Member
Can you apply your own rule here:
(John 17:16 [KJV]) They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
yes

ps. Both "just as" and "even as" are the same Greek word "kathos"
and who are the "they" in this context, isn't he referring to his disciples?

so then, just as they are one, so is jesus and god one accord, jesus and god are not one being
unless you can show me how they are one being too.
20 “My prayer is not for them (the disciples) alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them (the disciples and those who will believe) may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
you'll have to explain this.

what don't you understand?
even and just are both adverbs qualifying as.

as is used in comparison to refer to the extent or the degree...that all of them may be one

They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
even is qualifying as to the extent or the degree ...they are not of this world

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
for the christians he said , but acuatly he did not , because there is no evidence .
only the writers gospels claims (whom did not never met Jesus (pbuh)ever of their lives !!!)
there is no credibitly , because in this case we called the mass modification/edit of original gospel of Jesus (pbuh) inspiration
that's why we had more than four gospel in the history (rejected gospels) .and because the main editor paul was Jewish maybe he add these gospels to Torah "old testemant" . and call it "Bible" inspite the contradictions and different between the New and Old testement .

Honesly if we count the argument that deny the deity of Jesus (pbuh) we will find many and many
but if we count the argument that support the deity of Jesus (pbuh) we will find few and may have other explaination or wrong translation .