• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

Mark2020

but as it stands the answer is yes.

So you're saying Jesus is not of this world because of "the belief that jesus is the son of god through faith"

I don't think this makes any sense.

How about this:

(John 3:13 [NIV]) No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven-the Son of Man.

waitasec

Veteran Member
So you're saying Jesus is not of this world because of "the belief that jesus is the son of god through faith"

I don't think this makes any sense.

sure it does
8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me
all that points towards faith in a belief.

How about this:

(John 3:13 [NIV]) No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven-the Son of Man.
if you want to dig a bigger whole we can go there, but i would rather stick to
john 17. however, i have a distinct feeling you will insist for me to respond to this moot point of yours.

1st you are going to have to explain how was jesus supposed to have gone into heaven if he hasn't died yet?

if jesus had said, 'no one has ever been to heaven except....' that would make more sense for your argument...but he doesn't say that now does he

your argument isn't with me it is with the gospel of john.

Last edited:

Mark2020

sure it does
8 For I gave them the words you gave me and they accepted them. They knew with certainty that I came from you, and they believed that you sent me
all that points towards faith in a belief.

"they believed"

What I believe I made clear is that this is not the same for Jesus. He is not of this world since He is from heaven.

waitasec

Veteran Member
"they believed"

What I believe I made clear is that this is not the same for Jesus. He is not of this world since He is from heaven.

you may believe that, but you haven't. i have already asked you a few times to explain your interpretation of just as and even as in this context, but you just ignored it...

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
if you want to dig a bigger whole we can go there, but i would rather stick to
john 17. however, i have a distinct feeling you will insist for me to respond to this moot point of yours.

He likes to change the subject then when you reply to his subject change..he accuses you of changing the subject.....:areyoucra

waitasec

Veteran Member
You tell me, since it was your argument.
i know what i mean and i've been supporting what i mean...
jesus is not of this world as his disciples are not.
now in order for this discourse to go anywhere, you need to explain to me how you interpret "to those whom you gave me out of the world" and why you interpret it that way...

Does it mean they "came from heaven" ?

yes it does..
"They were yours; you gave them to me"

waitasec

Veteran Member
You said: those who had faith ...
and I didn't object.

When I asked you to apply the same thing to Jesus, you couldn't.

my answer was yes all along. you were the one who got confused.
it is in faith that gives any of this nonsense sense, right?

" to those whom you gave me out of the world"
"They were yours; you gave them to me"
"protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one."