• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
So then God the father becomes redundant.
Jesus sends Him on an extended holiday.

Nothing like a son forcing dad into retirement.
That is worth a little three days pretending to be dead.
Strange that God would create sin and evil just to forgive it's use.

Regards
DL
Provocative nonsense.:rolleyes:

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
To say that Jesus is the son of God is to say that God practices bestiality. Yuk.
Do you really believe that God would use another mans wife?

I find it strange that instead of answering to the father, we must now answer to his half human half god chimera.
As to the holy ghost---your outa there.

Regards
DL
Another poor straw man. Mary wasn't married.
Jesus is not half-God/half human. Jesus is fully human and fully Divine. There's a difference.

Too bad for you.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus did not say He is God.

however, in John 14:6-9 Jesus tells us plainly that whoever has seen and known Him, has seen and known God.

Jesus has abilities and authority unique to God, and we see Him throughout the Gospels simply doing things in the power of God, as opposed to specifically asking God to work a miracle through Him, as we see with earlier prophets like Moses and Elijah.

between Father and Son there is a distinction, and hierarchy. yet we can see and know the Father through the Son, and through the Son also have forgiveness of sins, a relationship with God, and new life.

Jesus is certainly God's person, power, grace, and will come down to us as a Man, through whom we can be personally reconciled to God, and saved. He has all authroity on heaven and earth, and no one comes to the Father but througth Him.

it is not wrong or un-Biblical to say that Jesus is God made Man, God with us. the Father come down through the Son as per Zachariah 2:10-11. the LORD sending the Lord to dwell with us, and rescue us.

How can Jesus be God made man when Revelation (3:14 b) says the heavenly Jesus is the beginning of the creation by God?
Did God have a beginning? Psalm 90:2

Colossians (1:15) talks of Jesus being firstborn in the heavens.
God was not born anywhere.

1st Cor (8:6) mentions one God and one Lord. The Father is God. The Lord is Jesus. Does the heavenly Jesus have a God. According to Rev. (3:12) the resurrected Jesus still has a God. The resurrected Jesus still calls himself,
at Rev (2:18), the Son of God and not God.

gwk230

Mary wasn't married.

Sorry for butting in but wouldn’t she might as well have been? She was betrothed to Yoseph which means that she was spoken for and which meant her head, whoever that may have been at that time be it her father or other male family member that was her guardian, had promised her to Yoseph. She was attached to Yoseph by a covenant of betrothal and anyone that would lay with her would have committed adultery. Remember what Yoseph went through with the decision that he had to make about her? When he found out she was with child and with child that was not his child he had one of three options. 1. Have her stoned. 2. Have her banished. 3: Forgive her and move on. After he was made aware as to what had occurred by way of Yah's Malach he then had forgiveness in his heart.

Mat 1:19 Then Yoseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, (having her stoned) was minded to put her away privily. (banished)
Mat 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the malach of Yah appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Yoseph, thou son of Daweed, fear not to take unto thee Miriam thy ishshah: for that which is conceived in her is of the Ruach Ha Chodesh.

Kinda hard to say that she had committed adultery with Elohim being that Elohim is what created us all and everything that is and was and will be.

Luk 1:34 Miriam said to the malach, "How can this be, seeing I know not a man?"
Luk 1:35 The malach answered her, "The Ruach Ha Chodesh will come on you, and the power of the Elyon will overshadow you. Therefore also the holy one who is born from you will be called the Son of Elohim.

It also is not my understanding that a Malach has the ability to reproduce. How is it that Elohim would have had intercourse with Miriam?

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are like Elohim's malachem in heaven.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
(3:12) the resurrected Jesus still has a God. The resurrected Jesus still calls himself,

Thank you. Also when looking at Revelation.....God is on the throne being praised and the "heavenly host" are saying he is the only one who is worthy of praise.....BUT THEN..."The Lamb" (A.K.A Yeshua - Jesus) enters and is deemed the only one worthy of opening the seals. It should be understood at this point that the ascended Yeshua is not God but has a god.

Last edited:

ayani

this is why it was mentioned that Jesus is both distinct from God, even while being God incarnate.

Biblically, this makes sense. Jesus is distinct from and under the Father, even while in history, being God with us.

this is where the title "Son of God" makes sense, and comes into play. is the case of Jesus, He is the Son of God in a unique context, meaning that He is the image, likeness, and power of God within Himself.

essentially, between God the Father and Messiah there is a distinction, and hierarchy. yet for us humans the Father became knowable and incarnate through the Son. so for us humans, Jesus is God made Man, fully God in His power and person, and fully Man, being sent from the Father and into history.

Biblically, without knowing and having Jesus, one does not know and have God for who He truly is. (1 John 2:23) (Matthew 11:27)

How can Jesus be God made man when Revelation (3:14 b) says the heavenly Jesus is the beginning of the creation by God?
Did God have a beginning? Psalm 90:2

Colossians (1:15) talks of Jesus being firstborn in the heavens.
God was not born anywhere.

1st Cor (8:6) mentions one God and one Lord. The Father is God. The Lord is Jesus. Does the heavenly Jesus have a God. According to Rev. (3:12) the resurrected Jesus still has a God. The resurrected Jesus still calls himself,

Greatest I am

Nothing like God the Father now taking a back seat to a Son that has usurped His power to judge. Only through me eh.
God the Father would tell His chimera son to get the hell behind Him. The Father leads.

When did God the Father decide to retire? After He chose to have His innocent son killed for no good reason or before?

Any Father that makes a plan that includes the murder of His son is definitely deranged.

Is that what any here would plan for their sons?

Regards
DL

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
God never takes a back seat in Jesus teachings. God's 'rest' day is not retirement.
God rested from any further creation at the end of the 6th creative day.

Adam was the one that chose independence from God's guidance and direction,
Adam was created with free will to choose who would rule over him.
By rejecting God's command, Adam was taking the law into his own hands. Adam set up people rule over God rule. By putting Satan ahead of God, Adam was choosing Satan (2 Cor. 4:4) as the god of this world. The results we see in the world today is the result of mankind taking an independent course away from God's direction and guidance.

Since we are all imperfect we can not stop sinning no matter how hard we try.
If we could stop sinning we would not die. Since we sin we die. That means we can not resurrect oneself or another. Since Adam was originally created humanly perfect, then only a perfect human (Jesus to the rescue) could balance the scales of justice for us.
Satan wanted Jesus to die unfaithful, not God.
(John 11:50-53)

Adam proved unfaithful in least. Jesus proved faithful in much. Satan wanted Jesus to die unfaithful so the way of everlasting life , or resurrection, would not be available for us.

Satan also challenges us (Job 2:3) because he says all that a person (us) has he would give for his life. We are part of the issues raised in Eden. We all have the opportunity to prove Satan a liar.

Of course, no one would plan for their son to die for another.
For hardly will anyone die for a righteous man; indeed, for the good man, perhaps someone dares to die. But God recommends his own love to us in that while were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:7).

Giving Adam voluntary free will was not planning for Adam to fail.
Jesus used his free will to show we can all use our free will to succeed.
We are not tested beyond what we can bear.
(1st Cor 10:13)

Greatest I am

God never takes a back seat in Jesus teachings. God's 'rest' day is not retirement.
God rested from any further creation at the end of the 6th creative day.

Adam was the one that chose independence from God's guidance and direction,
Adam was created with free will to choose who would rule over him.
By rejecting God's command, Adam was taking the law into his own hands. Adam set up people rule over God rule. By putting Satan ahead of God, Adam was choosing Satan (2 Cor. 4:4) as the god of this world. The results we see in the world today is the result of mankind taking an independent course away from God's direction and guidance.

Since we are all imperfect we can not stop sinning no matter how hard we try.
If we could stop sinning we would not die. Since we sin we die. That means we can not resurrect oneself or another. Since Adam was originally created humanly perfect, then only a perfect human (Jesus to the rescue) could balance the scales of justice for us.
Satan wanted Jesus to die unfaithful, not God.
(John 11:50-53)

Adam proved unfaithful in least. Jesus proved faithful in much. Satan wanted Jesus to die unfaithful so the way of everlasting life , or resurrection, would not be available for us.

Satan also challenges us (Job 2:3) because he says all that a person (us) has he would give for his life. We are part of the issues raised in Eden. We all have the opportunity to prove Satan a liar.

Of course, no one would plan for their son to die for another.
For hardly will anyone die for a righteous man; indeed, for the good man, perhaps someone dares to die. But God recommends his own love to us in that while were yet sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:7).

Giving Adam voluntary free will was not planning for Adam to fail.
Jesus used his free will to show we can all use our free will to succeed.
We are not tested beyond what we can bear.
(1st Cor 10:13)

Dogmatic garbage.
To sacrifice God to God is a silly notion.
Again, any God that plans His own death for what He creates is foolish. God cannot die.

Why have you forsaken me shows what God thinks of vicarious redemption. It is immoral.
All are to carry their own cross, not ride a scapegoat into heaven.

Regards
DL

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Dogmatic garbage.
To sacrifice God to God is a silly notion.
Again, any God that plans His own death for what He creates is foolish. God cannot die.

I totally agree....

Why have you forsaken me shows what God thinks of vicarious redemption. It is immoral.
All are to carry their own cross, not ride a scapegoat into heaven.

Regards
DL

Well I'm not sure how they missed that one. Their own bibles tell them that.
Deu 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

2Ch 25:4 But he slew not their children, but did as it is written in the law in the book of Moses, where the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not die for the children, neither shall the children die for the fathers, but every man shall die for his own sin.

Muffled

Jesus in me
So then God the father becomes redundant.
Jesus sends Him on an extended holiday.

Nothing like a son forcing dad into retirement.
That is worth a little three days pretending to be dead.
Strange that God would create sin and evil just to forgive it's use.

Regards
DL

God has many titles and names. Each one has its own justification for being used. That uniquness of use eliminates the possibility of redundancy.

God does not take a holiday from being God. He is God wherever and whenever He is encountered.

My wife had this misconception which was why I reserched the subject. Jesus and The Father are God simultaneously.

I have never seen any evidence of pretense. Just because you fantasize about something doesn't make it true.

God did not create sin or evil. Forgiveness is necessary in order to restore a relationship.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Sorry for butting in but wouldn’t she might as well have been? She was betrothed to Yoseph which means that she was spoken for and which meant her head, whoever that may have been at that time be it her father or other male family member that was her guardian, had promised her to Yoseph. She was attached to Yoseph by a covenant of betrothal and anyone that would lay with her would have committed adultery. Remember what Yoseph went through with the decision that he had to make about her? When he found out she was with child and with child that was not his child he had one of three options. 1. Have her stoned. 2. Have her banished. 3: Forgive her and move on. After he was made aware as to what had occurred by way of Yah's Malach he then had forgiveness in his heart.

Mat 1:19 Then Yoseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, (having her stoned) was minded to put her away privily. (banished)
Mat 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the malach of Yah appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Yoseph, thou son of Daweed, fear not to take unto thee Miriam thy ishshah: for that which is conceived in her is of the Ruach Ha Chodesh.

Kinda hard to say that she had committed adultery with Elohim being that Elohim is what created us all and everything that is and was and will be.

Luk 1:34 Miriam said to the malach, "How can this be, seeing I know not a man?"
Luk 1:35 The malach answered her, "The Ruach Ha Chodesh will come on you, and the power of the Elyon will overshadow you. Therefore also the holy one who is born from you will be called the Son of Elohim.

It also is not my understanding that a Malach has the ability to reproduce. How is it that Elohim would have had intercourse with Miriam?

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are like Elohim's malachem in heaven.

I am going to pick apart this verse for those who have misconceptions.

1. This verse does not say that another person is being created or that another person is entering the creation. In fact there is no other person mentioned; only God is mentioned.

2. This verse is not saying that Jesus will be called the son of Elohim because another person is involved but because The Holy Spirit comes upon her the Holy One is born from her.

2a. It could be speculated that the "come upon" only refers to a visitation however that leaves us with the question of why the child is The Holy One. If the Holy Spirit comes upon Mary and stays in the body of Jesus then it makes sense that the child is The Holy One.

Greatest I am

I totally agree....

Well I'm not sure how they missed that one. Their own bibles tell them that.
Deu 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

2Ch 25:4 But he slew not their children, but did as it is written in the law in the book of Moses, where the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not die for the children, neither shall the children die for the fathers, but every man shall die for his own sin.

Jesus man.
God God.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

God has many titles and names. Each one has its own justification for being used. That uniquness of use eliminates the possibility of redundancy.

God does not take a holiday from being God. He is God wherever and whenever He is encountered.

My wife had this misconception which was why I reserched the subject. Jesus and The Father are God simultaneously.

I have never seen any evidence of pretense. Just because you fantasize about something doesn't make it true.

God did not create sin or evil. Forgiveness is necessary in order to restore a relationship.

Yep. One of those titles is genocidal maniac if you read the bible literally.

As to your last.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
That would include sin.

If not created by God then by whom?

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

1. This verse does not say that another person is being created or that another person is entering the creation. In fact there is no other person mentioned; only God is mentioned.

2. This verse is not saying that Jesus will be called the son of Elohim because another person is involved but because The Holy Spirit comes upon her the Holy One is born from her.

2a. It could be speculated that the "come upon" only refers to a visitation however that leaves us with the question of why the child is The Holy One. If the Holy Spirit comes upon Mary and stays in the body of Jesus then it makes sense that the child is The Holy One.

Ahh.
A 9 month holiday for the Jesus 1/3.
One day in Genesis was just not enough.
Ahh.

Regards
DL

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Jesus man.
God God.

Regards
DL

Not only that but if we are to believe anything in their book we must ask why the birth of a god would make a woman unclean thus having to be purified according to the law....

Luke 2:22
And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord.

Additionally, if he is God then why were they bringing God to be presented to himself...?

:facepalm:

gwk230

Holy simply means chosen in this context. Yahshua was chosen. Good try though.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

Some how I doubt your ability to do so.....:sarcastic

So with this line of reasoning we can conclude that (everyone) with the "Holy Spirit" is Holy?

There were plenty in your scripture (blessed with/of the Holy Spirit)

Luke 2:25
And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

Greatest I am

Not only that but if we are to believe anything in their book we must ask why the birth of a god would make a woman unclean thus having to be purified according to the law....

Luke 2:22
And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord.

Additionally, if he is God then why were they bringing God to be presented to himself...?

:facepalm:

Odd right?
Somewhat like his vicarious redemption of man.
I sacrifice me to me. Not much of a sacrifice.

Regards
DL