• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Did Jesus say he was God???

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Yep. One of those titles is genocidal maniac if you read the bible literally.

As to your last.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
That would include sin.

If not created by God then by whom?

Regards
DL

In Scripture, evil is not always synonymous with wrongdoing. For example: the Flood was an evil in the sense it was a calamity. Calamity with purpose to protect the righteous from being destroyed off the face of the earth.
(Psalm 145:20)

If the wicked were not removed they would have killed off Noah and his righteous family. This is what will happen when there is divine intervention when Jesus takes action as described by Isaiah (11:4; Rev 19:11,15).

Please notice Proverbs (2:21,22; 10:30) that the wicked are removed and righteous remain. Remain forever (Psalm 37:11,29,38). Because as Psalm (92:7) says when the wicked cover the earth as vegetation or grass does then they will be destroyed forever. That time is nearing.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Dogmatic garbage.
To sacrifice God to God is a silly notion.
Again, any God that plans His own death for what He creates is foolish. God cannot die.

Why have you forsaken me shows what God thinks of vicarious redemption. It is immoral.
All are to carry their own cross, not ride a scapegoat into heaven.

Regards
DL

Since all of us were born after Adam became imperfect we can not make ourselves humanly perfect. We inherited imperfection and we know even from birth a person's leanings will be toward human imperfection.

Imperfection leads to death because imperfect people sin, and death is the price for sinning. Since we can not resurrect oneself or another we need someone that can do that for us. Because God sent perfect Jesus to earth then Jesus could balance the scales of justice and pay the price for our sins, thus opening up the way for a resurrection for us (Acts 24:15).

Satan did not want perfect Jesus to die faithful to God. We are also involved in the issues raised in Eden. At Job (2:3-5) the words "a man" implies all of us are involved in the challenge of integrity and faithfulness to God.

Because Jesus was perfect and died faithful he could be a ransom sacrifice for: us. This opens up the way for a small 'little flock' to heaven, and a great crowd of people, the 'other sheep', to be part of the humble meek to inherit the earth as Jesus promised in fulfillment to the promise to Abraham (Gen 12:3; 22:18) that all families of the earth will be blessed and all nations of the earth will be blessed.
(Psalm 92:7; 37:11,29,38; Proverbs 2:21,22; 10:30; John 10:16; Luke 12:32)

While on earth, Jesus demonstrated on a small scale what he will do on a Large or Grand scale during his thousand-year kingdom rule over earth.
Jesus showed the outworking of God's purpose for earth was for Jesus to have power or control over stormy weather, demonic spirits, health and even resurrecting the dead. Through God's kingdom (Daniel 7:13,14; 2:44) Jesus, as king of God's kingdom, will re-establish control over earth's affairs and reverse all suffering.
1 Cor 15:25-28.

Greatest I am

Since all of us were born after Adam became imperfect we can not make ourselves humanly perfect. We inherited imperfection and we know even from birth a person's leanings will be toward human imperfection.

Imperfection leads to death because imperfect people sin, and death is the price for sinning. Since we can not resurrect oneself or another we need someone that can do that for us. Because God sent perfect Jesus to earth then Jesus could balance the scales of justice and pay the price for our sins, thus opening up the way for a resurrection for us (Acts 24:15).

Satan did not want perfect Jesus to die faithful to God. We are also involved in the issues raised in Eden. At Job (2:3-5) the words "a man" implies all of us are involved in the challenge of integrity and faithfulness to God.

Because Jesus was perfect and died faithful he could be a ransom sacrifice for: us. This opens up the way for a small 'little flock' to heaven, and a great crowd of people, the 'other sheep', to be part of the humble meek to inherit the earth as Jesus promised in fulfillment to the promise to Abraham (Gen 12:3; 22:18) that all families of the earth will be blessed and all nations of the earth will be blessed.
(Psalm 92:7; 37:11,29,38; Proverbs 2:21,22; 10:30; John 10:16; Luke 12:32)

While on earth, Jesus demonstrated on a small scale what he will do on a Large or Grand scale during his thousand-year kingdom rule over earth.
Jesus showed the outworking of God's purpose for earth was for Jesus to have power or control over stormy weather, demonic spirits, health and even resurrecting the dead. Through God's kingdom (Daniel 7:13,14; 2:44) Jesus, as king of God's kingdom, will re-establish control over earth's affairs and reverse all suffering.
1 Cor 15:25-28.

Hmm.
Satan, talking snakes and demonic spirits eh.

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Need I say more?

As to the fall. it was a fall up to a moral sense.
Would you give up yours and be truly human? That is truly human as in being as bright as a cow.

You seem to like to read literally. As to not being able to be perfect then would the Bible tell us to try to do the impossible?

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

Regards
DL

Muffled

Jesus in me
Not only that but if we are to believe anything in their book we must ask why the birth of a god would make a woman unclean thus having to be purified according to the law....

Luke 2:22
And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord.

Additionally, if he is God then why were they bringing God to be presented to himself...?

:facepalm:

The first you ought to know. Birth is a bloody mess and the life is in the blood. This is not a spiritual uncleanness but a physical one.

Honor must be given to God for His wonderful gifts. This is no less so when He is giving Himself.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Holy simply means chosen in this context. Yahshua was chosen. Good try though.

I see nothing in the context that even suggests that Holy means chosen. You will have to be more specific than making a statement because any one can say anything and Penguin does it all the time.

My understanding is that only God is Holy, and without doubt Holy Spirit is used synonymnously with God.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Some how I doubt your ability to do so.....:sarcastic

So with this line of reasoning we can conclude that (everyone) with the "Holy Spirit" is Holy?

There were plenty in your scripture (blessed with/of the Holy Spirit)

Luke 2:25
And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

When a person has ceded their life totally to the Holy Spirit that person becomes God in the flesh also.

There is no evidence that God was entering into a person as a permanent resident as He does now but there is no question in my mind that all true prophets had God resident for a short time. Most of the time it was not concurrent with the time they spoke to the people so they had to say "God said."

gwk230

I see nothing in the context that even suggests that Holy means chosen. You will have to be more specific than making a statement because any one can say anything and Penguin does it all the time.

My understanding is that only God is Holy, and without doubt Holy Spirit is used synonymnously with God.

As the word "holy" is in this verse it is shown in the Greek as ......

G40
ἅγιος
hagios
hag'-ee-os
From ἅγος hagos (an awful thing) compare G53, [H2282]; sacred (physically pure, morally blameless or religious, ceremonially consecrated): - (most) holy (one, thing), saint.

He was chosen for the job.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hmm.
Satan, talking snakes and demonic spirits eh.

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

Need I say more?

As to the fall. it was a fall up to a moral sense.
Would you give up yours and be truly human? That is truly human as in being as bright as a cow.

You seem to like to read literally. As to not being able to be perfect then would the Bible tell us to try to do the impossible?

Matthew 5:48
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect

Regards
DL

There is 'absolute' perfection as only God is. (Matthew 19:17)
Then there is 'relative' perfection. A glass may be perfect to drink out of rather than drink out of wheelbarrow.

James (3:3,8) shows if we can bridal our tongue we would be perfect.
Since we can not do that then perfection is in a relative sense.

Since 'God IS love' then we can strive to be perfect or complete in love.
Jesus also used Godly love as a measure of love- John 13:34,35.
Jesus was expanding, not perfection in the absolute sense because Jesus knew we are all imperfect. Rather, Jesus was expanding that our love should include enemies (Luke 6:27-35) and be merciful and forgiving as verses 36,37 says.

God is also perfect in not being partial as Matthew (5:45) shows, and we can show that same impartiality toward others in kindness. Jesus said if we love only those who love us (Matt 5:46,47) we would be like the world. So verse 38 is showing not to be imperfect in regarding love as the world is lacking.

Greatest I am

URAVIP2ME

“
Since 'God IS love'“
Simplistic dogma.
Unfounded and untrue if you ask the victims of Sodom and those of Noah’s day.
How can love kill so many of those He loves?

Get your head out of the sand and look again for the first time.

I see that you have decided to remain a mental child instead of growing up.

Regards
DL

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
URAVIP2ME

“
Since 'God IS love'“
Simplistic dogma.
Unfounded and untrue if you ask the victims of Sodom and those of Noah’s day.
How can love kill so many of those He loves?

Get your head out of the sand and look again for the first time.

I see that you have decided to remain a mental child instead of growing up.

Regards
DL

Godly love is conditional on loving God. One loves God by obeying him.

Peter wrote (2 Peter 2:5) that Noah was a preacher. Noah explained to the people the reason for the Ark. Those people corrupted themselves.
They chose not to enter the Ark.

God always warned first before destruction came.
Ezekiel (3:21) shows God even warns the righteous.

The good news of God's kingdom government (Matt 24:14) is being proclaimed today as a warning or an alert to all of us.
God will use the ruling political 'kings' of earth (Rev 17:2) to turn on the composite bad religious 'queen' (Rev 18:7) in order to rid this earth of all the bad religious turmoil that is creating a dangerous religious climate in the world today. With backing the United Nations can be strengthened to turn on the world's religious sector.

Isaiah (11:4) describes that there will again be divine intervention into mankind's affairs but this time by Jesus using the words from his mouth as an executioner's sword to get rid of all wickedness. This is also described at Revelation (19:11,15).

God's love is always used to protect the humble meek of the earth by ridding the earth of those that would harm the upright.
Psalm 37:11,29,38; 92:7; Proverbs 2:21,22; 10:30.

Jeremy Mason

Peter wrote (2 Peter 2:5) that Noah was a preacher. Noah explained to the people the reason for the Ark. Those people corrupted themselves.

The good news of God's kingdom government (Matt 24:14) is being proclaimed today as a warning or an alert to all of us.
God will use the ruling political 'kings' of earth (Rev 17:2) to turn on the composite bad religious 'queen' (Rev 18:7) in order to rid this earth of all the bad religious turmoil that is creating a dangerous religious climate in the world today. With backing the United Nations can be strengthened to turn on the world's religious sector.

Isaiah (11:4) describes that there will again be divine intervention into mankind's affairs but this time by Jesus using the words from his mouth as an executioner's sword to get rid of all wickedness. This is also described at Revelation (19:11,15).

God's love is always used to protect the humble meek of the earth by ridding the earth of those that would harm the upright.

Good posting URAVIP2ME. Frubals!

Greatest I am

Come back when you want to discuss in an adult way child.
A God of love does not kill those He creates and loves.

Regards
DL

Renji

I have been asked to produce evidence of the divinity of Jesus. This is not just good evidence, it is overwhelming evidence.

Words of Jesus

John 14:9 ... he that hath seen me hath seen the Father
John 14:10 ... the words that I say unto you , I speak not from myself but from the Father abiding in Me doeth His works
John 14:11 ... I am in the Father and the Father in Me
John 10:30 I and My Father are one
John 10:33 ... thou being a man makest Thyself God
John 8:58 Jesus said ... before Abraham was born, Jah (Jah is the short form of Jeshovah)
John 8:59 They took up stones therefore to cast at Him
Mark 2:5 and Jesus seeing their faith saith ... thy sins are forgiven
Mark 2:7 ... who can forgive sins but one, even God
Mark 10:17 ... good teacher Mark 10:18 Why callest Me good? None is good save one, even God John 10:11 I am the good shepherd
Mat. 1:21 ... call his name Jesus; for it is He that shall save his people from their sins
Prophecies of the Messiah Jesus
Isa. 45:21 ... I, Jehovah? and there is no God else besides Me a just God and savior, there is none besides Me
Isa. 7:14 ... a sign: behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel (God with us)
Isa 9:6 a son is given, and the government shall be upon His shoulder, and His name shall be called: Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

Attributes of God
Omnipresence
John 1:46 Nathaniel saith unto Him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him Before Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.
John 1:49 Nathaniel answered him, Rabbi thou art the Son of God; thou art King of Israel.
John 1:50 Jesus answered ... thou shalt see greater things than these
Omniscience
Luke 6:8 ...the Pharisees watched Him ... that they might find how to accuse him but He knew their thoughts
John 4:17 ... Thou sayest well, I have no husband
John 4:18 for thou hast had five husbands and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband
Omnipotence
Mark 4:41 ... Who then is this, that even the wind and the sea obey Him?

(He turned water into wine, multiplied bread, healed the sick and the blind, raised a man who was dead for four days)
Authority
Luke 4:36 ... for with authority and power He commandeth the unclean spirits and they come out
Mat 7:29 for He taught them as one having authority
Mat 28:18 ... Jesus ...spake... saying, all authority hath been given unto Me in heaven and on earth
The "I am" statements of Jesus
John 8:12 ... I am the light of the world
John 14:6 ... I am the way, the truth and the life
John 6:35 ... I am the bread of life
John 10:9 I am the door, by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved
John 11:25 ... I am the resurrection and the life
John 15:1 I am the true vine (this is a reference to Jesus being the Paraclete)

It is said "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"John 1:1. And in John 1.14. "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us" Obviously, the word is Jesus Christ (unless you know another "word" who manifested in flesh) and the word was God. Thomas the doubter also said to Jesus when he saw Him after the resurrection: "MY LORD AND MY GOD"

JOHN 20:19-31.

arimoff

Jesus was never a G-D or his son, because G-D doesn't reveal him self ina physical form, once he does it he become an idol, since I'm a jew, there is only 1 G-D for me and believing in anything else is idol worship

Jesus who had jewish education knew this very well, he would never claim to be G-Ds son not only it was against his own believes, no body would ever take him serious, all he could do was say he is messiah since the times were hardand people were waiting for one, but when he died even his followers. Saw his is not the messiah.

Its just afterwards it was in some onces interest to make him what he is now.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
John 1:1 says Jesus was in the beginning. According to Psalm 90:2 God had No beginning but is from everlasting. No Scriptures says Jesus is before the beginning.

Doesn't Revelation 3:14 B say Jesus is the beginning of the creation by God?

Colossians 1:15,16 shows Jesus is firstborn in the heavens.

Doesn't the same Greek grammar rule apply at John 1:1 and also Acts 28:6 ?

Doesn't John 14:28 say the Father is greater than Jesus?

How are Jesus and his Father one? John 17:11,21-23 Jesus prays that his followers be one as he and his Father are one. Was Jesus praying they all be God?
Or rather they be one in purpose, unity, goal. agreement, objective...

Muffled

Jesus in me
Jesus was never a G-D or his son, because G-D doesn't reveal him self ina physical form, once he does it he become an idol, since I'm a jew, there is only 1 G-D for me and believing in anything else is idol worship

Jesus who had jewish education knew this very well, he would never claim to be G-Ds son not only it was against his own believes, no body would ever take him serious, all he could do was say he is messiah since the times were hardand people were waiting for one, but when he died even his followers. Saw his is not the messiah.

Its just afterwards it was in some onces interest to make him what he is now.

Show evidence of this.

How can God become an idol? Can he turn himself into wood or stone? I can see how an idol could be established if someone worshipped the physical body of Jesus instead of the Spirit of GOd within that body but that body was dead and buried. It is the spirit that gives life and resurrected body.

This is a fairy tale with no evidence to support it.

Jesus never claimed to be God's son; He claimed to be God.

arimoff

Show evidence of this.

How can God become an idol? Can he turn himself into wood or stone? I can see how an idol could be established if someone worshipped the physical body of Jesus instead of the Spirit of GOd within that body but that body was dead and buried. It is the spirit that gives life and resurrected body.

This is a fairy tale with no evidence to support it.

Jesus never claimed to be God's son; He claimed to be God.

Are you sure? don't you have Jesus on your cross? that's a body.

Christianity is a fairy tale, because it is christianity that has to prove Jesus not me or Judaism, facts are facts, if you claim my history you have to prove it not me, and until you do, it is your story that is a fairy tale.

Jesus claimed to be G-d? so then according to you there are 2 G-Ds.

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Judaism is as much a fairytale as Christianity is . . . pot calling the kettle black
Not to mention that it is Judiasm which started out polytheistic; Yahweh was once just one god among many, El being the head of the pantheon with Baal and other ancient deities all mixed in. It was not until later years that Yahweh became a stand alone god, this mainly due to the influence of Zoroastrianism.

Last edited:

arimoff

Judaism is as much a fairytale as Christianity is . . . pot calling the kettle black
Not to mention that it is Judiasm which started out polytheistic; Yahweh was once just one god among many, El being the head of the pantheon with Baal and other ancient deities all mixed in. It was not until later years that Yahweh became a stand alone god, this mainly due to the influence of Zoroastrianism.

loooooool. He wasn't part of it, He was/is G-D of Israelites as claiming to be the only One, and i believe it has withstood time as to where is baal and all others.

His role was meant to be as the true one not as part of a group of G-Ds.

For those times each nation with their own G-D having the Hebrews come in to play with the idea that it is their G-D who rules the world not the baal or the like.

arimoff

Not to mention that it is Judiasm which started out polytheistic;

How you came up with that I have absolutly no idea, what you have you been reading lately?

Abraham as the one to first recognize the idea of monotheism not polytheism.