• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do Christians and Muslims Worship the Same God?

Renji

Right. Muslims, Jews and Christians normally understand this when it comes to their scriptures when they have a familiarity with the language. We find this to be true when reading Hebrew, Arabic or Greek. There are no upper or lowercase lettering but we know when the scripture is talking about "God" or a god. There are no parenthasis but we know who's who. When it is translated into English it is fitting to add the paraenthasis for clarification to the reader even though it isn't there in the original language. Those that argue against this point have no idea of what they're talking about and are wasting the time of others.

Right, and probably have not learned anything from their elementary and highschool literature and language lessons:D

Renji

Why do people think that declaring nonsense then sticking their fingers in their ears and going "LALALALALALALALALALALALA" is actually debating?

I used to be like that when I first joined here. I was 14 at that time. It brought me a lot of embarrassment. But I guessed I learned that it is dangerous the engage in a discussion without even knowing what you're talking about. It can pretty much see that on someone here:D

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Apparently you have not bothered to read the Holy Bible, brother....much less the Koran...yes?

If you believe that the history of the Bible is actually outlined and detailed in the Bible, then apparently we're not reading the same Bible.

Bowman

If you believe that the history of the Bible is actually outlined and detailed in the Bible, then apparently we're not reading the same Bible.

Translation:

No.

You have read neither the Bible nor the Koran - nor studied either one.

Thus, your previous assertion is completely without merit.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Translation:

No.

You have read neither the Bible nor the Koran - nor studied either one.

I've noticed you have a habit of changing someone's post when the actual post stumps you or reveals your lack of knowledge about your own book and/or religion.

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to actually study them? I mean rather than doing everything you can to hide the fact that you haven't? To me it seems like it would take about the same amount of effort.

Bowman said:
Thus, your previous assertion is completely without merit.

Translation:

"You're telling me something I don't want to hear and can't dispute intellegently".

Renji

Even in the Christian perspective, one should know the scriptures by its Spirit (thought) and in truth, not by letter.

Duh? It isn't like that. Refresh your highschool language class and you'll know what I'm talking about. And FYI, YHWH also used 'I' in the old testament.:cool:

Duh uh? I didn't google it! All that I presented you is from dardess' study and my highschool book, the very basic....

Let's reverse it. Give me a verse which states the word 'Bible' in the scriptures. Well, goodluck:cool:

Neither do the Bible named Mosses if he is the one who really wrote the first 5 books of the OT. And yet, we believe in it.:cool:

Again, another mistake from you. All the info I give here is from my books.

Do you still need verses when LITERATURE and HISTORY tells you all the answer to your questions? I think not. Even the atheists in this forum accept that. Duh uh, buy some common sense.:cool:

Then you're embarrassing yourself.

If you can't make a good argument, go somewhere else where the Avatar will not see your twisted opinions....

I'm waiting for your answer, Bowman:cool:

Bowman

I've noticed you have a habit of changing someone's post when the actual post stumps you or reveals your lack of knowledge about your own book and/or religion.

Nope.

Wouldn't it be more beneficial to actually study them? I mean rather than doing everything you can to hide the fact that you haven't? To me it seems like it would take about the same amount of effort.

You're stalling.

Again.

Translation:

"You're telling me something I don't want to hear and can't dispute intellegently".

You have nothing.

Come back when you can back up your assertions instead of mocking...

Renji

Now you just debased yourself further by name-calling.

Way to go, Larry!

You're not even answering my previous posts intellectually. Your just diverting the discussion when you can't answer. Tssk, tssk, that's dangerous my brother.... And I think, you can't even win over me on any of our arguments here, considering that I'm just 17 years old.

Renji

Come back when you can back up your assertions instead of mocking...

He wouldn't mock you if you will present a credible, intellectual opinions here, than just merely allegations and twisting someone else' point.:cool:

Bowman

You're not even answering my previous posts intellectually. Your just diverting the discussion when you can't answer. Tssk, tssk, that's dangerous my brother.... And I think, you can't even win over me on any of our arguments here, considering that I'm just 17 years old.

Now you are pretending that you were never answered.

Great job, Larry...

Bowman

He wouldn't mock you if you will present a credible, intellectual opinions here, than just merely allegations and twisting someone else' point.:cool:

Trouble is that none of you people actually bother to study scripture.

You result to mockery when you have no answer.

This is debate...not mockery...learn the difference...

Renji

Now you are pretending that you were never answered.

Great job, Larry...

But you haven't disproved what I said, brother:cool: Show me any historical proof and literary stuff that could disprove my claims...

And, You haven't answered this yet:

Even in the Christian perspective, one should know the scriptures by its Spirit (thought) and in truth, not by letter.

Duh? It isn't like that. Refresh your highschool language class and you'll know what I'm talking about. And FYI, YHWH also used 'I' in the old testament.:cool:

Duh uh? I didn't google it! All that I presented you is from dardess' study and my highschool book, the very basic....

Let's reverse it. Give me a verse which states the word 'Bible' in the scriptures. Well, goodluck:cool:

Neither do the Bible named Mosses if he is the one who really wrote the first 5 books of the OT. And yet, we believe in it.:cool:

Again, another mistake from you. All the info I give here is from my books.

Do you still need verses when LITERATURE and HISTORY tells you all the answer to your questions? I think not. Even the atheists in this forum accept that. Duh uh, buy some common sense.:cool:

Then you're embarrassing yourself.

If you can't make a good argument, go somewhere else where the Avatar will not see your twisted opinions....

Again, I'm waiting for your answer, Bowman:cool:

Renji

Trouble is that none of you people actually bother to study scripture.

You result to mockery when you have no answer.

This is debate...not mockery...learn the difference...

Truly, you can caught a fish by its mouth. That's the reason why you 'feel' mocked. Because you haven't answered in a credible manner, especially on the later part of this thread. And you're not really answering on any posts lately, but you do divert the discussion.