• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do you agree with what the Book of Mormon Teaches?

Flat Earth Kyle

why make the tree of life in the first place if it could have destroyed Gods plan?

Did he make it by accident?

Perhaps they were free to eat of the fruit before they fell, but lost this privileged after they fell. I don't see any commandment not to partake of it before they fell, so I feel safe to assume this was the case.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Perhaps they were free to eat of the fruit before they fell, but lost this privileged after they fell. I don't see any commandment not to partake of it before they fell, so I feel safe to assume this was the case.

ok, lets say they partook of it before they fell

That would mean that the tree of life could not impart everlasting life....because if it could, and they already ate it, then they should have lived forever regardless of sin.

This to me is evidence that the tree was symbolic and not literal. And when God later said to remove them from the garden so that they may not reach out and eat from the tree of life, he was not speaking of a literal tree but rather a 'condition'.... the condition of everlasting life which would have been possible for them had they remained with God in the garden as his children.

plausible???

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
That is true, however I see a great emphasis on there being 12 tribes in Israel, wouldn't it be important then to know what tribe you are in?

maybe you should go over to the Judaism DIR forum and ask them if they know which tribes they are from ;)

Flat Earth Kyle

ok, lets say they partook of it before they fell

That would mean that the tree of life could not impart everlasting life....because if it could, and they already ate it, then they should have lived forever regardless of sin.

This to me is evidence that the tree was symbolic and not literal. And when God later said to remove them from the garden so that they may not reach out and eat from the tree of life, he was not speaking of a literal tree but rather a 'condition'.... the condition of everlasting life which would have been possible for them had they remained with God in the garden as his children.

plausible???

I believe if Adam and Eve had not partaken of the fruit that Adam and Eve could have lived forever, and I am pretty sure you agree with me on that. However, when they partook of the forbidden fruit it was like they ate poison and just because you have had the antidote once in your life, or even multiple times throughout your life does not mean that you will be forever immune to poison.

Flat Earth Kyle

So is my assumption correct in saying that you agree with this?

11 And now remember, my son, if it were not for the plan of redemption, (laying it aside) as soon as they were dead their souls were miserable, being cut off from the presence of the Lord.
12 And now, there was no means to reclaim men from this fallen state, which man had brought upon himself because of his own disobedience;
13 Therefore, according to justice, the plan of redemption could not be brought about, only on conditions of repentance of men in this probationary state, yea, this preparatory state; for except it were for these conditions, mercy could not take effect except it should destroy the work of justice. Now the work of justice could not be destroyed; if so, God would cease to be God.
14 And thus we see that all mankind were fallen, and they were in the grasp of justice; yea, the justice of God, which consigned them forever to be cut off from his presence.
15 And now, the plan of mercy could not be brought about except an atonement should be made; therefore God himself atoneth for the sins of the world, to bring about the plan of mercy, to appease the demands of justice, that God might be a perfect, just God, and a merciful God also.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I believe if Adam and Eve had not partaken of the fruit that Adam and Eve could have lived forever, and I am pretty sure you agree with me on that. However, when they partook of the forbidden fruit it was like they ate poison and just because you have had the antidote once in your life, or even multiple times throughout your life does not mean that you will be forever immune to poison.

hmmmm a poison apple.

Isnt' that a bit of an assumption you are making?. It seems you changing the story to try and fit with your views. :slap:

Flat Earth Kyle

hmmmm a poison apple.

Isnt' that a bit of an assumption you are making?. It seems you changing the story to try and fit with your views. :slap:

Although generally when someone eats something and dies, they call that poison am I right?

Flat Earth Kyle

sure they exist, but good luck in trying to determine who belongs to which tribe.

One more reason why studying your family history is important.
Malachi 4:5-6
" 5 ¶Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."

I believe this is a prophecy concerning family history work being done in the last days.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
I admit it is an assumption, but I don't believe I am changing the story.
If so, how so?

well the tree was good for food....the bible doesnt say the tree grew poison apples. If it did, then it wouldnt have been much of a temptation would it :D

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
One more reason why studying your family history is important.
Malachi 4:5-6
" 5 ¶Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse."

I believe this is a prophecy concerning family history work being done in the last days.

do you know what Jesus believed about that prophecy?

You'll find the answer in Matthew 17:10-13

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
So you believe the Great and Dreadful day of the Lord was referring to the Atonement of Christ?

no, i believe the scripture i posted above is where you'll find Jesus explanation of the scripture in Malachi 4:5-6 ;)