• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Believe In God, Why? Don't You Believe In God, Why?

janesix

What? that water will form spontaneously from hydrogen and oxygen when exposed to UV light?

No, that is a truth.

We know of many situations where order spontaneously forms because of the properties of the parts involved.
Then it isn't spontaneous , is it?

janesix

Unlikely. Especially when it comes to their specialties.
I said nothing of their specialties. I know much more about MY specialty, which is the order of the universe. In fact, mush of scientific "knowledge" is plain wrong. And I know much more about the truth of it.

Audie

Veteran Member
How do things of nature build themselves?

Not sure if this is a serious question but
I will treat it as such.

First is the issue of, is there a god?

If so then he would have given us energy, natter, and the laws governing them..weak force, strong force, gravity, math, etc and blah.

After that, one must wonder, does God then sit back and let things do their stuff?

Does gravity attract, or does he have to kind of push things?

Is it totally hands off, or does he tweak and
meddle and otherwise variously intervene,
or does he direct the path if every ele tron etc in the universe or multiverse?

Etc.

Seems to me that a crystal or mountain or waterfall forms spontaneously, operating by
physical principles operating through matter and energy.

Or, "build themselves". No creator who decided how he wanted the waterfall to look.

Its distinctly different from a person building a
houee or car.

janesix

That is quite the claim.
All self taught?
Not really self taught. Taught by the Universe. It leads me to videos, books, articles to read, through synchronicities, intuition, etc. Then I spend time processing consciously and unconsciously. When I suddenly "figure out" something, I get rewarded with a flow of prana that is pleasant. When I am on the wrong track I feel horribly unbalanced.

Audie

Veteran Member
Spontaneous means to me, without a process that is mechanical. Magic more or less.

Ok so nothing happens without either magic or intelligent intent.

So, when a crystal forms, God has to plan it
and push every molecule into place?

Your data ...?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
as I said: there is the principle of parsimony which allows for a loving creator God.... but not for evolution to explain why we see the depicted countryside as something beautiful.
For nomadic hunter-gatherers distinguishing good terrain from bad is useful, just as distinguishing healthful food from unhealthful or hot objects from cold. Senses are useful, and are selected for.
Productive terrain looks beautiful, healthful food tastes good, hot rocks hurt.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I said nothing of their specialties. I know much more about MY specialty, which is the order of the universe. In fact, mush of scientific "knowledge" is plain wrong. And I know much more about the truth of it.

The order of the universe is nothing more than the laws of physics. So any physicist would know more than you about it.

Audie

Veteran Member
Not really self taught. Taught by the Universe. It leads me to videos, books, articles to read, through synchronicities, intuition, etc. Then I spend time processing consciously and unconsciously. When I suddenly "figure out" something, I get rewarded with a flow of prana that is pleasant. When I am on the wrong track I feel horribly unbalanced.
What did you learn about Noah's ark?