• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Believe In God, Why? Don't You Believe In God, Why?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We come up with using the clicks because they already have an existing meaning that exists within natural laws.
What natural meaning do clicks have?

Phonemes and words are abstract symbols. A word's correspondence with it's referent is arbitrary. The sounds conveying the concept of 'dog' is different in different languages. The phonemes used -- clicks, sibilants, plosives, various vowels, &c. -- are arbitrary.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The polyester in our shirts is a side effect of people making those shirts. God doesn't create without mechanism. God said let there be light.
"Let there be light" is not a mechanism, it's an incantation. How it works remains a mystery, ie: magic.
If it weren't magic; if it were understood, we could reproduce the effect with the requisite technology.

Audie

Veteran Member
Scientists do, all the time. Evolution, black holes, dark matter and energy, there is a long list.

We wonder why you don't just set forth the
disprove of the the theory of evolution.

You would be hailed as the greatest scientist of all ti,me AND, the rest of your sayings would get so much more credibility.

Or tell me how to do it, I won't bevshyvabout grabbing the publicity!

So, whats the data contrary ToE?
The disproof?

janesix

We wonder why you don't just set forth the
disprove of the the theory of evolution.

You would be hailed as the greatest scientist of all ti,me AND, the rest of your sayings would get so much more credibility.

Or tell me how to do it, I won't bevshyvabout grabbing the publicity!

So, whats the data contrary ToE?
The disproof?
I have many times, and am just not in the mood for it now. It's old news. But it involves convergence, predictability, probability, and other thngs.

Skywalker

"Let there be light" is not a mechanism, it's an incantation. How it works remains a mystery, ie: magic.
If it weren't magic; if it were understood, we could reproduce the effect with the requisite technology.
'
It worked through God being self existing, and we can't reproduce the effects with requisite technology because we are not self existing beings.

Skywalker

What natural meaning do clicks have?

Phonemes and words are abstract symbols. A word's correspondence with it's referent is arbitrary. The sounds conveying the concept of 'dog' is different in different languages. The phonemes used -- clicks, sibilants, plosives, various vowels, &c. -- are arbitrary.

The sounds of clicks match the meaning of concepts. Phonemes and words have emotion. They are not abstract.

Skywalker

Why would a sense of right and wrong require there to be a deity.
For that matter, why would it even provide more than weak support
for the notion that there was a deity?

God capitalized is a proper name, a specific god. Assuming there
is a god, do you have reason for believing that god is God?

Because we have prior knowledge there was a builder. What
prior knowledge do we have that the universe had a creator?

All laws require a lawgiver. God is against sin because sins involve confusion.

I believe that Jesus is God, because of the love that he had for his creation in dying for our sins. We all sin. We are not perfect. Jesus dying for us was like a lawyer taking the place of a criminal who committed a crime.