• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Believe In God, Why? Don't You Believe In God, Why?

Skywalker

Except of course that the *date* of the destruction simply doesn't match the Biblical narrative. The site has every indication of being 'discovered' by the later Israelites and 'explained' by the Biblical story.

Once again, I expect the writers of the Bible to be familiar with the places around them and the events of their time. I also expect them to make up stories for things they can't explain.

For example, the whole Exodus story is almost certainly fabricated. It is only from the time of the kings and later that any actual historical accuracy is found.

The Israelites were familiar with Sodom and Gommorah. They found it after it was gone.

Audie

Veteran Member

Ok...and you don't realize he is a total con man
who claimed to have so far outdone Indiana Jones...
He had no standing as an archaeologist,
and none of his discoveries are recognized by science.

Well, some are. A quick look at his photos of the ruins of Sodom shows the structures to be common formations such as one sees in badlands.

The guy was nothing but a con man.

I know it's hard to admit to being conned, so
we won't expect much from you.

Skywalker

Ok...and you don't realize he is a total con man
who claimed to have so far outdone Indiana Jones...
He had no standing as an archaeologist,
and none of his discoveries are recognized by science.

Well, some are. A quick look at his photos of the ruins of Sodom shows the structures to be common formations such as one sees in badlands.

The guy was nothing but a con man.

I know it's hard to admit to being conned, so
we won't expect much from you.

It's also possible that the story of Sodom and Gommorah is an allegory or the badlands were affected by sulfur.

Some people believe that fire and sulfur is an allegory for being alone for eternity.

Audie

Veteran Member
I have many times, and am just not in the mood for it now. It's old news. But it involves convergence, predictability, probability, and other thngs.

Pretty vague. Just gimme ONE datum point contrary to ToE

Lo and many a creationist makes your same claim but to thisf

Why does the world scientific community fail to recognize you for your accimplishment.

Audie

Veteran Member
I have many times, and am just not in the mood for it now. It's old news. But it involves convergence, predictability, probability, and other thngs.
Come on, just one datum point can't be so hard.

Lo and many a creationist makes the claim,
but never a one has ever produced one.

Unless you mean silly fakes like paluxy man tracks.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It's very possible organisms can arrive fully formed. Think cymatics. The most I will allow for in evolution is orthogenesis. I haven't decided yet. I do know that NEODarwinian evolution is complete bs. Impossible.
By what mechanism can an organism poof into being fully formed? Can you cite an example?

Cymatics? ( I had to look that one up)What's cymatics have to do with evolution?
Orthogenics? Evolutionary goals? Innate drives? Inexorably increasing complexity and 'perfection'? That's not what's observed in nature. These are century-old, outdated ideas.

Look, evolution is a fact. It's observable. The mechanisms: natural selection, sexual selection, reproductive selection, mutation, gene flow, &c. are observable, testable, predictive and accepted universally.

Have you ever studied biology? Do you understand the ToE and the evidences thereof? Do you understand natural selection? Have you studied genetics?

I honesty don't understand why you find such a well-evidenced, widely observed phenomenon like evolution so difficult to accept. Is it just that is violates the magical mythology you're invested in?

Peppered moth evolution - Wikipedia
TalkOrigins Archive: Exploring the Creation/Evolution Controversy

How do you explain tube mosquitos, Nylon eating bacteria or ring species?

Skywalker

And what does a crystal reveal?
A house does not build itself.

The things of "nature" build themselves.

A house is not fundementally much different from things in nature. A crystal reveals beauty, order, design, and purpose. A crystal, similar to a house, comes from compounds in nature that had order and structure, in a different way from a house, but comparable.

Audie

Veteran Member
It's also possible that the story of Sodom and Gommorah is an allegory or the badlands were affected by sulfur.

Some people believe that fire and sulfur is an allegory for being alone for eternity.

Lots of things are possible, but Ron Wyatt was a big fat faker, con man, and his 'discoveries"
are phony.

Audie

Veteran Member
A house is not fundementally much different from things in nature. A crystal reveals beauty, order, design, and purpose. A crystal, similar to a house, comes from compounds in nature that had order and structure, in a different way from a house, but comparable.

If you cannot figure out the difference any better than that its no wonder Ron Wyatt fooled yiu so easily.

Try a little harder?

janesix

Pretty vague. Just gimme ONE datum point contrary to ToE

Lo and many a creationist makes your same claim but to thisf

Why does the world scientific community fail to recognize you for your accimplishment.
Data point-marsupial dogs.

janesix

By what mechanism can an organism poof into being fully formed? Can you cite an example?

Cymatics? ( I had to look that one up)What's cymatics have to do with evolution?
Orthogenics? Evolutionary goals? Innate drives? Inexorably increasing complexity and 'perfection'? That's not what's observed in nature. These are century-old, outdated ideas.

Look, evolution is a fact. It's observable. The mechanisms: natural selection, sexual selection, reproductive selection, mutation, gene flow, &c. are observable, testable, predictive and accepted universally.

Have you ever studied biology? Do you understand the ToE and the evidences thereof? Do you understand natural selection? Have you studied genetics?

I honesty don't understand why you find such a well-evidenced, widely observed phenomenon like evolution so difficult to accept. Is it just that is violates the magical mythology you're invested in?

Peppered moth evolution - Wikipedia
TalkOrigins Archive: Exploring the Creation/Evolution Controversy

How do you explain tube mosquitos, Nylon eating bacteria or ring species?
Mechanism: sound vibration
Evolution is not a fact
Yes I have studied it to some degree
Adaptation is not evolution.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Mechanism: sound vibration
Evolution is not a fact
Yes I have studied it to some degree
Adaptation is not evolution.

Yes, actually, it is. it is simply the difference between what happens in 3 generations as opposed to 3000.

Audie

Veteran Member
Data point-marsupial dogs.

Hmm. I was hoping for Cambrian pottery but ok. "Marsupial dog".

There are and have been lots of examples of what's called parallel evolution. The south American and Australian marsupial sabre tooth.

The ichthyosaur and dolphin. Lots of such.

How does the Thylacine do anything to
show ToE is false?