• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Believe In God, Why? Don't You Believe In God, Why?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
All laws require a lawgiver. God is against sin because sins involve confusion.

I believe that Jesus is God, because of the love that he had for his creation in dying for our sins. We all sin. We are not perfect. Jesus dying for us was like a lawyer taking the place of a criminal who committed a crime.
This is an equivocation fallacy on your part. The laws of nature are descriptive not proscriptive. You are using a word with two different meanings and applying one of them in both cases. That is a very bad mistake on your part.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The moral laws in the Bible are givens about respecting oneself and others. I believe that in the end times, people will say what's wrong is right and what's right is wrong. Not lying, stealing, living together before marriage, are common sense moral rules that people know even without the Bible.
You've never studied anthropology, have you?

Audie

Veteran Member
It shows that there is a model, or ideal, or template. That they didn't evolve randomly through Darwinian evolution

Oh dear.
I asked for data and you give
me a platonic ideal.

Here is a little clue. Do you think fish and dolphins have a similar shape because of some mystical ideal, or because that form works so well?

This is important, give it a minutes thought.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Living together before marriage takes away from the sacredness and meaning of marriage. People who live together before marriage are also more likely to be divorced.

Lying and stealing are not respectful of oneself and others.

I believe that having a relationship with God, not religion and pastors and priests, shows us that certain behaviors are not healthy.

And I think that our behaviors towards other people is what determines whether an action is moral or not.

Skywalker

Huh?
All species not in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium are evolving. Every step is transitional; every species intermediate.
You are transitional. Each step, each organism, is fully formed.

How would one distinguish a "fully formed" organism from a not-fully-formed one, my intermediate friend?

I am not transitional. I don't have intermediate organs and I never did. A non fully formed organism would have half a heart.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Waterfalls and crystals came form materials that either came from God, or the singularity. Even believers in the big bang doubt that a singularity is what created everything.
The singularity is not a designer. Again, this appears to be a failed semantics argument. Design implies a purpose and the universe does not have a purpose in the sense that you imply that it does.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
I am not transitional. I don't have intermediate organs and I never did. A non fully formed organism would have half a heart.

Which is not what evolution claims would ever be the case.

Your understanding of what a transitional organism would be is wrong.

Skywalker

This is an equivocation fallacy on your part. The laws of nature are descriptive not proscriptive. You are using a word with two different meanings and applying one of them in both cases. That is a very bad mistake on your part.

The laws of existence are descriptive but they still make us aware that certain things are order and certain things are confusion.

Skywalker

The singularity is not a designer. Again, this appears to be a failed semantics argument. Design implies a purpose and the universe does not have a purpose in the sense that you imply that it does.

How could the materials that lead to the formation of crystals even exist, without design and purpose?

Audie

Veteran Member
Not good enough. And it hasn't been proven at all. Where is the proof for that? Sounds like a made up story.

People who wouldst claim to know so much about science should be careful not to betray
their ignorance by asking for proof in matters of science.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Waterfalls and crystals came form materials that either came from God, or the singularity. Even believers in the big bang doubt that a singularity is what created everything.

The term 'singularity' simply means that the laws describing the situation have some aspect that is undefined. It isn't an object. It isn't an event. It isn't in a place. It is a description of where we have to do more work to see what is going on.

Most likely, the 'singularity' that shows up in General relativity will disappear with a quantum theory of gravity.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Canonical numbers are the sets of numbers that are used to create our balanced, harmonic universe. They are embedded into the geometry of the universe. The "surface" numbers, those which are the most obvious, come in two sets that interact. The first, nearly unnoticeable, is the "twos" or doubling, with 12 being the most important. Then there are the "threes", starting with the cubed three, or 27. This number is then doubled in a progression, 27, 54, 108, 216, 432, 864 and beyond. These most obvious numbers are embedded in geometry, the solar system, etc. They are found in the platonic solids (example, the total number of angles in the cube is 2160) and the same number is found in the diameter of the moon(2160 miles). Also in the nautical miles of the Earth's circumference (216, 000) And again in an age of precession of the equinoxes (2160 years). These numbers are found in holy texts, beliefs and rituals, showing the ancients had at least some knowledge of the holy canon.

Then it gets deeper and more complicated, with special numbers like the square roots of 2, 3 and 5, phi, pi, and the trinity of 33-153-273. These numbers begin to show how they relate to life. If you want more, I will go on.

Looks to me like someone is being mislead by the law of small numbers. Sorry, but numerology is largely nonsense.