• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Know Why You Don't Believe?

Super Universe

Defender of God
doppelgänger;1151345 said:
I'm alright with it. The OP was based on a silly premise. Nice to see you still can't answer a simple question though SU, so I'll go back to ignoring you. Bye.

Silly to you perhaps. But what thread have you ever started that went to 89 pages?

I can't answer a simple question? It's not your thread. It's mine. You're the one who is supposed to answer the OP.

You'll go back to ignoring me? Didn't work for you before, why should I hope that it works for you now?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
Oh, but we already have what you describe. They're called robots. That's what you want to be. Mr. Roboto.

Keep thinking in terms of the way things are and you'll get nowhere. Think in terms of how things could be if the laws of nature were completely different, and you'll see my point.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I can't answer a simple question? It's not your thread. It's mine. You're the one who is supposed to answer the OP.

Yes, it's your thread, so you're welcome to not answer questions that clarify the OP if you want to. Some people, for some reason, find it hard to answer a question when the question is incomplete, so they try to clarify and complete the question before answering, so that they can answer the correct question to the best of their ability. I know it's a hard concept to comprehend, but I thought I'd try to help out.

And, by the way, anyone can start a thread that goes for 89 pages. The formula is simple: Say something ignorant and stupid. Then, when the droves of reasonable people come in and explain why your premise is stupid, just keep telling them that you're right and they're wrong, and ignoring their arguments, so that they keep trying to get through to you.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Keep thinking in terms of the way things are and you'll get nowhere. Think in terms of how things could be if the laws of nature were completely different, and you'll see my point.

As I've said, I see your "point". You want the perfect society for humanity, you just don't want to work for it.

Too bad for you because there's nothing you can do about the way things are. Except maybe get off your rear and do what you can to fix things but then that would require effort and I think you are the type who does not like to sweat.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Herein lies the problem.
Super Universe is the only one using the Super Universe definition of 'valid'.

Not quite. The syllogism I posted ascends from Socrates and is taught in logic classes. But, perhaps we can avoid changing this thread into a debate about what is valid and what is not. Perhaps you would like to explain why you don't believe?

Tau

LOL

Did he build the Eiffel Tower himself?

How about these guys Super Universe

Charles Gounod, Guy de Maupassant, Alexandre Dumas junior, François Coppée, Leconte de Lisle, Sully Prudhomme, William Bouguereau, Ernest Meissonier, Victorien Sardou, Charles Garnier...they protested against the construction of the eiffel tower, many of em very famous in their day.

Tau

Dance with me Super Universe...OK I googled their names, but still, they are remembered...

Super Universe

Defender of God
Dance with me Super Universe...OK I googled their names, but still, they are remembered...

Of course Gustave Eiffel didn't build the tower himself, but that was not the issue. The issue was whether those who disagreed with him and thought his ideas were foolish are remembered now?

I don't want to dance with you, I prefer women. Still, since you have decided to enter the discussion perhaps you would be so nice as to provide an answer to the OP. "Do you know why you don't believe?"

Tau

What is the reason you don't believe in God? Or the reason you're not absolutely positively sure God exists?

I'd guess the number one reason is because people see bad things happening all around them and can't understand why God would allow it to happen.

How would you rate the other reasons not to believe?

Now the key question, where would you rate your own ego as a reason and do you realize it's the main reason?

Sure Il answer your questions...why not?

I believe all perceptions of reality are equally valid, God exists for those that percieve Him, whatever that perception is...

I rate all information equally, there is insufficent evidence to either prove or disprove God.

My own ego, or perhaps more accurately, perception, is idiosyncratic to me, my individual understanding of the universe is subjective, like yours, thus it can never be considered empirical.

All religions and philosophies are equally valid, but not necessarily TRUE.

You should not worry about your machismo so much by the way, it makes you seem somewhat...bigoted.

Tau

Of course Gustave Eiffel didn't build the tower himself, but that was not the issue. The issue was whether those who disagreed with him and thought his ideas were foolish are remembered now?

Really?

I thought you were making a comparison between yourself and someone important.

They are remembered btw as I have already demonstrated.

I hate the eiffel tower, ugly thing, what a waste of steel..thats the French for ya, always doing their own thing...hehe

Edit
Take no notice of me, I am a horrible person..

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
As I've said, I see your "point". You want the perfect society for humanity, you just don't want to work for it.

Too bad for you because there's nothing you can do about the way things are. Except maybe get off your rear and do what you can to fix things but then that would require effort and I think you are the type who does not like to sweat.

Yes, it is the way things are, and it is not the work of a supreme being. I will work for a better world, but not under the delusion that it was created by some supreme intelligence. That was the point, right? Not to prove how the world is or is not, but whether or not the way it is is the result of a supreme being? I thought you'd remember what the point of our argument was since you started the thread, but I'm glad to remind of the real point, instead of letting you continue with this ad hominem attack.

Super Universe

Defender of God
Sure Il answer your questions...why not?

I believe all perceptions of reality are equally valid, God exists for those that percieve Him, whatever that perception is...

I rate all information equally, there is insufficent evidence to either prove or disprove God.

My own ego, or perhaps more accurately, perception, is idiosyncratic to me, my individual understanding of the universe is subjective, like yours, thus it can never be considered empirical.

All religions and philosophies are equally valid, but not necessarily TRUE..
Yep.

You should not worry about your machismo so much by the way, it makes you seem somewhat...bigoted.
Try not to overract.