• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Know Why You Don't Believe?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
And your reason for not believing?

I can't answer that because the question makes no sense. See, here's my problem. I can't get Your Highness to answer my questions about what it is I'm supposed to "believe in" or "not believe in". Any ideas on how to get His Majesty to answer a few simple questions? I figured you'd know, what with your enlightened grace and all. . .

Super Universe

Defender of God
I don't want them to ban or even assign a warning to anyone. This is what happens in passionate debates.

We can continue once Joe settles down some.

Super Universe

Defender of God
doppelgänger;979499 said:
I can't answer that because the question makes no sense. See, here's my problem. I can't get Your Highness to answer my questions about what it is I'm supposed to "believe in" or "not believe in". Any ideas on how to get His Majesty to answer a few simple questions? I figured you'd know, what with your enlightened grace and all. . .

Ah, I see. You won't answer the original post's question until I answer your question. I wasn't aware that's how this whole forum thing worked.

You are not supposed to believe in anything. Whatever you believe in is entirely your choice. Some people don't believe in the holocaust, others refuse to believe we went to the moon.

My question is this, why don't you believe in a Creator?

Super Universe

Defender of God
doppelgänger;979519 said:
Who designed and formed the being?

Think of it this way, in the beginning was the law that said "There can be no nothing". This law caused something to form, then another, and another. The law caused things to form in a specific way so that they evolved. These things combined and formed more complex things. To make a very long story short, a being formed and evolved to the point where it gained access to the central hub of everything, heaven if you want to call it that. This being then created the law that caused it's own form to evolve.

Essentially, God gained access to the universal control room and used it to go back in the timeline and cause His own being to form. In this way, He created Himself.

gnomon

Think of it this way, in the beginning was the law that said "There can be no nothing". This law caused something to form, then another, and another. The law caused things to form in a specific way so that they evolved. These things combined and formed more complex things. To make a very long story short, a being formed and evolved to the point where it gained access to the central hub of everything, heaven if you want to call it that. This being then created the law that caused it's own form to evolve.

Essentially, God gained access to the universal control room and used it to go back in the timeline and cause His own being to form. In this way, He created Himself.

Certainly there must have been some form before the first law.

Super Universe

Defender of God
God and the law are one. This is the makeup of First Source, the Prime Creator.

No other thing has ever created anything. Things cannot create themselves. The law does not apply to any other thing.

Think for a minute, what have your scientists done? They've changed things, broken them apart and assembled them. They never once created a thing. Only God can do that.

To answer your philisophical question "Why the need..." Because God wanted more than just Himself.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Think of it this way, in the beginning was the law that said "There can be no nothing". This law caused something to form, then another, and another.

What you're describing is equally the case with your own experiencing ego, which, upon concretizing its experiences as a thing that experiences (i.e. a subject or the observer), thereby creates the entire universe of "other" that the subject will experience (the object or the observed). So actually, it's your ego that you are believing in as "God."

Super Universe

Defender of God
Certainly there must have been some form before the first law.

No. Nothing.

Think of it this way. The law tried to form other things but it didn't work. Only specifically evolving elements were satisfactory. In a way, the law had no choice in the formation of the universe. Specific physical laws had to exist or the whole thing comes crashing down.

Super Universe

Defender of God
doppelgänger;979545 said:
Then the Creator doesn't exist.

Every Z has Y
x does not have Y
Therefore, x is not a Z

Now replace the variables:

x="God"
Y="a temporally preceding cause"
Z="thing that exists"

I meant things other than God cannot create themselves. Once God entered heaven the law and He became One. This is why there are three secure areas of heaven, not everyone gets access to the very center.

EDIT: Essentially God and the law were always One because at this point there was no time. Yes, there was somewhat of a timeline in that God evolved and had a memory of His growth but He could, at any point, go backwards on this timeline, He just didn't know how until He enterred heaven and realized that He and the law that created Him were One in the same.

Super Universe

Defender of God
doppelgänger;979549 said:
If there was "law" then there was some thing. You're contradicting yourself. What created "the law"?

I'm not contradicting myself. Humans get caught up in the time thing.

What created the law?

God.

What created God?

The law.

They are One in the same.