• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Do You Think Muslims Are Violent?

Do You Think Muslims Are Violent?

• Yes

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • No

Votes: 33 66.0%

• Total voters

gnostic

The Lost One
I think that many Muslims are violent, but many more are really peaceful.

It is hard to get accurate numbers.

Most of the Muslims I have actually met, and acquainted with, are fortunately peaceful, but then again I don't know many Muslims.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
I think that many Muslims are violent, but many more are really peaceful.

It is hard to get accurate numbers.

Most of the Muslims I have actually met, and acquainted with, are fortunately peaceful, but then I don't know many Muslims.

There is truth in these words.

We also have to ask why they create more violence then any other religion.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I don't say muslims are violent.I am not judging anyone.I just wonder general perception about muslims.
I probably know fewer than a dozen Muslims personally, but I feel quite certain none of them are violent. ;)

gnostic

The Lost One
I didn't and couldn't vote, because life is not black-and-white.

I could have voted if you have "some are and some aren't violent" in the poll.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
With only two answers, it's too black and white for me to answer. Some fundamentalist Muslims can be violent, but in general, I'd say most Muslims are not violent.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
With only two answers, it's too black and white for me to answer. Some fundamentalist Muslims can be violent, but in general, I'd say most Muslims are not violent.

I used to think that as well, but not anymore. It's not that your necessarily wrong in that there are peaceful Muslims around, but rather the "some" fundamentalist Muslims part.

I would say it's notably past the "some"or "few" part to say a significant portion are violent and arguably out of control. Not all, but I would go with a bit more than "some".

dust1n

Zindīq
There is no such thing as true altruism. Only very enlightened and disciplined self-interest.

Tom

This presupposes the claim that humans have a capability of knowing their own self-interest to be true. There is no such as true self-interest.

Looncall

I think that most muslims are decent, peaceful people. However, I also think they are so in spite of their religion, not because of it. Most people are more moral than their religion.

A problem with islam is that its texts clearly promote violence and hatred of non-muslims. As a result, fanatics tend to be violent and generally barbarous. Even with those who are not fanatics, islam enables violence and barbarity.

mahasn ebn sawresho

I believe that at the heart of every Muslim, daash small grow if conditions germination
This is the reality
Muslims were our brothers
But with the proliferation of Islamic awakening and governance systems
Until the Muslim people hostile to the Christian brother
The son of country of origin
This happened in Iraq and myself
And now occurs in Syria
In Egypt
In any country where the provision governing the Islamic
In any place where a Muslim believes in the verses of the Jihad and fighting is a possible draft
For possible terrorism
Because the Muslim believes that marries you and marry you
Muslim
Always refer to the Qur'an
It is believed that the law of God on Earth
For this see the Muslim women in the West, they long for the veil and hijab
That is a time bomb in almhatmaat not control now
This is the strongest possibility of violence more than other
Can ylgaa us to violence because of money
Or power
But don't dash of religious belief
Christianity refuses violence
Judaism rejects violence
Buddhist reject violence
Agnostic reject violence
But the Muslim believes in the divine duty of Jihad
This keeps every Muslim jihadist in the West and projects in his country also

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
You know nothing. We both know good and well bikers are violent!
On top of this Muslims also were robes. Robe like apparel increases violent tendencies!
Julius Caesar, the Mongol rulers, and the Chinese for crying out loud!

History supports my claims. The only way to lower Islamic violence is to introduce them to pants and promote shaving
Wait now! Not all bikers have beards!

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Muslims are without a doubt violent. You can tell because they often times have beards.

The most violent groups in America have beards or significant mustaches such as bikers and the Greeks.

Fu Man Chu, Osama, Genghis Khan, Tamerlane, Atilla the Hun, Charlmagne, Vlad the Impaler, Qin Shi Huang and Cao Cao.

All had beards and were quite violent. The highest percent of facial hair growth is found amongst the Islamic majority and they are obviously violent. It is without a shadow of a doubt Muslims are the most violent people on earth.
Considering the amount of facial hair some Muslims have they are EXTREMELY violent.

osama-med.jpg

118795.jpg

1383370821000-AP-Pakastan-Drone-Strike.jpg

10-21-2012_72402_l.jpg

1276912478_8c1b.jpg

Hells_Angels-05.jpg

article-0-0D0B7649000005DC-635_468x286.jpg

Do you see the correlation!
And do let's not forget Santa Claus (beard) and Ghandi (robe).

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Oh by the way, my uncle has a big beard and wears a "robe" and he's one of the most peaceful people I've even known. If you knew something about me during my stay here on RF, you can imagine what I'm saying.

I wear a "robe" in formal occasions too :)

Oh, but I shave my beard... oops!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Oh by the way, my uncle has a big beard and wears a "robe" and he's one of the most peaceful people I've even known. If you knew something about me during my stay here on RF, you can imagine what I'm saying.

I wear my bath robe until 10 or 11 am some days, especially if it is cold, though I do shave too. I just don't think beards look very nice... on some guys, perhaps, but not as a general fashion statement, lol.

idav

Being
Premium Member

Whenever i grow my beard I sometimes got comments by my features but i am hispanic. I talked to someone a couple days ago he had to shave his beard cause of a lot of comments. Some military even told him be careful. I was like wow its about skin color too? People can be super judgmental.

MD

qualiaphile
My own family and friends say this:

When I shave my beard I look so handsome, like an Italian suave playboy

When I grow my beard I look like an Afghan Mujahideen.

No lie

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Whenever i grow my beard I sometimes got comments by my features but i am hispanic. I talked to someone a couple days ago he had to shave his beard cause of a lot of comments. Some military even told him be careful. I was like wow its about skin color too? People can be super judgmental.

Believe it or not, this even happens here in Saudi Arabia. People fear those with big beards, stay away from them and say things about them.

Sometimes I grow a beard because I'm too lazy to shave + my overkill stupid job. Once I was asked if I became a fundamentalist as a joke, and in another, I child made a comment about it in a beach resort when I was making a reservation for the family. It was "hey, look at that fundamentalist" :)

Fundamentalist above is my rough translation for those usually bothering us in the name if religion here in Saudi Arabia.

No, Saudis don't all have big beards and wear something on there heads all the time :)

outhouse

Atheistically
Believe it or not, this even happens here in Saudi Arabia. People fear those with big beards, stay away from them and say things about them.

I fly large RC helis

One of the worlds best pilots is from the UAE, he's clean shaven so we know he is peaceful :facepalm:

Hell of a nice guy.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I fly large RC helis

One of the worlds best pilots is from the UAE, he's clean shaven so we know he is peaceful :facepalm:

Hell of a nice guy.

Oh, I was only giving a similar occurrence to what Idav said, not that I was supporting the idea that big beard necessarily means violent and shaving necessarily means peaceful :)

Just a matter of impression, not real implication.

outhouse

Atheistically
Oh, I was only giving a similar occurrence to what Idav said, not that I was supporting the idea that big beard necessarily means violent and shaving necessarily means peaceful :)

Just a matter of impression, not real implication.

The beard thing was just the guy teasing. It was just humor, not real.