• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Being Born Again Make You A Better Person?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I am not sure what you mean about being born again every minute of the day?

I once knew a Jewish person who had converted to Christianity from Wicca. He said that the Jews recognize three ways a person can be born again. Unfortunately I dont remember what they are. In the sense that Ozzie speaks of it, a person is changing as they go through life. There is a new experience, a new thought a new habit and sometimes a new place to live with new people to meet. This does not meet the definition of how a Christian is born again.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
Being born again is just the acceptance of a new life with Jesus. It is symbolized by a baptism (that is a whole other subject). Since we are all sinners, we all repent from our sins-- a new life begins with that repentance.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Makes people far, far worse from experience of meeting such peoples and trying to bring them to Yeshua's words rather then "their jesus's" from Pharisees words.....:angel2:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Makes people far, far worse from experience of meeting such peoples and trying to bring them to Yeshua's words rather then "their jesus's" from Pharisees words.....:angel2:

IMO you are trying to bring poeple to your opinion.

Ozzie

I once knew a Jewish person who had converted to Christianity from Wicca. He said that the Jews recognize three ways a person can be born again. Unfortunately I dont remember what they are. In the sense that Ozzie speaks of it, a person is changing as they go through life. There is a new experience, a new thought a new habit and sometimes a new place to live with new people to meet. This does not meet the definition of how a Christian is born again.
I don't see any difference between the "Christian born again" which could arise at any moment and the sense in which I speak of it. Do you think there is any problem with being born again multiple times in the Christian sense?

look3467

Premium Member
Born again has meaning to the spirit side of mankind.
It is vital to the understanding of Gods nature.
Being born of man is to die physically and spiritually as in separation from the presence of God.
No fault of ours thereby not our responsibility to regain that which was lost in the birthing process.
Which brings us to the need to be born of God as we are already born of man.
Our dead spirits are dead and in need of reviving.
Hence the Son of man becoming the Son of God by decree to render unto all mankind righteousness of God, by where mankind can now be born again via the sacrifice of God in Jesus as the vehicle, the only accepted body into the heavens.
If you believe and understand that, then by nature of God you are born again, otherwise, you can't see it, and remain unborn until you do believe or when you die, which ever comes first.
Regardless, every knee shall bow at the feet of Jesus, meaning that Jesus will be recognized as God.

Peace>>>AJ

look3467

Premium Member
Judge God for God, not for what mankind thinks or acts.
Some born again folks are sound truthful people, and than there are those who have limited understandings an therefore act upon it accordingly.
A good testimony of a born again individual is one who respects God and loves as God loves.
That is the two greatest commandments given, Love God and neighbor.

Peace>>>AJ

Muffled

Jesus in me
I don't see any difference between the "Christian born again" which could arise at any moment and the sense in which I speak of it. Do you think there is any problem with being born again multiple times in the Christian sense?

In the Christian sense it should only happen once. There are those who believe that there is scripture supporting that view. However I believe in free choice and there is always a chance that a person could leave the light and go back into the darkness. Paul says such a one isn't likely to come back to a light that they have rejected but I believe in free will and that a person could return to the light. I think that if it happens at all, it is as rare as hen's teeth.

More likely you will find people who are fence sitters, unable to make up their minds between good and evil.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
All Christians don't believe in the 'born again' concept, that would appear to be an idea confined to the fundamentalist wing of Christianity.
I think the majority of Christians would say they are born again if you ask them. It's just that not all of them shove it in your face.

My understanding of the Christian "born again" is that you are washed clean of your sins. Thus, you are like a new born, innocent. In that sense, it is not the same as rebirth in the Buddhist sense. And not all Christians think that being born again can arise at any moment. In the Catholic tradition (and others, I assume) it happens at baptism. It's the more evangelical/pentecostal branches of Christianity that emphasize a conversion experience. And even the conversion experience is not the same as Buddhist rebirth. In Buddhism, as you said, we are born again every second of every day. In the Christian sense it is a dramatic, life-altering shift that the person is clearly aware of, even without help from meditation.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
lol! :biglaugh: I think it's more that she has a problem with certain humans telling her their view of her sin and claiming it's God's view.
Yet she quiet on the issue, as a matter of fact she seems to be quiet on any issue where her views are scrutinized and asked to be accounted for. What is she scared of, being found out to be coming from a very egotistic and jaded viewpoint? What say you Tangnefedd?

ArTventure

Loyal customer
I suppose I am pretty sceptical about 'born agains' as opposed to other Christians, because I have not had the best of experiences with many of them. A person I know well was a nice enough guy before he got 'born again', now he is judgemental and unpleasant. There is not much point in a faith which doesn't make you nice to know, imo.

Hey Tangnefedd,

I can see where you are coming from..but I would say that many of your friends values have changed. He is still the same person, just in the process of being transformed from the inside out by the love of Christ.
It's hard not to seem pushy when you want someone to have what you believe to be so special!
Being judgemental is another thing....who isn't judgemental at times?
Im guilty but it doesnt make me proud of it!

look3467

Premium Member
Can any of you go back into your mothers womb and be born again?
Similarly, if one is born of God, one can not again go back and get reborn of God all over again, again and again.

There is a reason for being born again, and that is what is to be sought out.
If you find it, the world will change for you!

Peace>>>AJ

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
The thing about my faith-- Before I was saved, I was a miserable teenager. I found God and became a different person. I have a joy that is unspeakable. During my 20s, I sort of "fell away" from God and once again became miserable. When I sought out God again, once again I had that unspeakable joy. I would love to share it with others. But in this politically correct world, I am unable to do that.

look3467

Premium Member
The thing about my faith-- Before I was saved, I was a miserable teenager. I found God and became a different person. I have a joy that is unspeakable. During my 20s, I sort of "fell away" from God and once again became miserable. When I sought out God again, once again I had that unspeakable joy. I would love to share it with others. But in this politically correct world, I am unable to do that.

That is typical of all born again believers. The guarantee is not perfection in our righteousness but God perfection or righteousness in us that is the guarantee.

Falling away is expected and tolerated, but not before consequences are met to satisfy a change in thinking.

Peace>>>AJ

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
You are able to share if people want to hear about it. It's not about political correctness. Even if you were allowed to proselytize to whomever you wanted whenever you wanted, you would not be sharing joy unless the person was open to hearing about it. Instead, you would be making them miserable.

But if the person wants to hear, there is no reason why you cannot share.

look3467

Premium Member
doppelgänger;965249 said:
Whether being "born again" makes one a better person depends on who is doing the judging.

Not God, that fer sure:
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

If anybody condemns us, it is ourselves.

Peace>>>AJ