• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does believing, thinking or feeling something is true actually make it true?

Ignatius A

Your dodging of the question is noted. Also noted is your close minded satisfaction about your own ignorance. What is it that is said in the Bible? Something about not throwing pearls to pigs. Anyways, here is a pearl.
Neurobiology of gender identity and sexual orientation
Gender identity and sexual orientation are fundamental independent characteristics of an individual’s sexual identity.1 Gender identity refers to a person’s innermost concept of self as male, female or something else and can be the same or different from one’s physical sex.2 Sexual orientation refers to an enduring pattern of emotional, romantic and/or sexual attractions to men, women or both sexes.

Physical sex is one thing.
Gender identity is another thing.
Sexual orientation is another thing.

All three can vary and need not be correlated with each other.
I never mentioned gender "identity". I have maintained that sex and gender are the same thing.

Why is it you people only respond to the voices in your head?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I never mentioned gender "identity". I have maintained that sex and gender are the same thing.

Sex means physical sex. It is about the biological sex (which can also be non-binary of course)
Gender means gender identity. What is the gender of the person. (And this can be also a range and can be different from physical sex).

Just because you incorrectly use terms since you have not understood the terminologies does not mean we will use the terms incorrectly.

Also why are you saying something that is false. This is your OP. You have been talking abour gender identity. Then learn the definition from the physicians quoted from the paper:-
Gender identity refers to a person’s innermost concept of self as male, female or something else and can be the same or different from one’s physical sex

Your OP:-
In recent discussions about gender identity it was said that gender identity is validated by what the person believes, thinks and feels. Fine. The follow question was then posted: Is someone with a penis who believes, thinks and feels that they are woman, actually a woman? The common response was, it's not a yes or no question. Is that true? If a person said they believe, think and feel that they are a frog mean they are actually a frog? Could we not say to that person you are an amphibian?

Last edited:

Ignatius A

Sex means physical sex. It is about the biological sex (which can also be non-binary of course)
Gender means gender identity. What is the gender of the person. (And this can be also a range and can be different from physical sex).

Just because you incorrectly use terms since you have not understood the terminologies does not mean we will use the terms incorrectly.
Agreed sex is biological. It can be "non binary" in extremely rare cases.

No gender refers to biology. Gender identity is a different matter. If you're a man and you "identify" as a woman the reason you have to "identify" as a woman is because you arent a woman. A woman doesn't need to "identify" herself as such because she IS a woman.

You mean I haven't perverted their use like you have? I agree.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

No, but read here:

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

No gender refers to biology. Gender identity is a different matter. If you're a man and you "identify" as a woman the reason you have to "identify" as a woman is because you arent a woman. A woman doesn't need to "identify" herself as such because she IS a woman.

Please point to how you know XY is man?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Because he produces sperm not ova. And so we don't have to wade through more garbage just because some men don't produce sperm doesnt mean sperm production is not an indicator of being a man.

You didn't answer. How do you know by pointing to that producing sperm is what makes a man a man?

Ignatius A

You didn't answer. How do you know by pointing to that producing sperm is what makes a man a man?
Because the other half of the species does not produce sperm they produce ova. AGAIN the words male/man and female/woman are socially constructed but they point to a reality. The words merely allow for meaningful communication. Changing the words doesn't change the reality.

PureX

Veteran Member
No they arent sharing their thoughts, they're scared to death to share their thoughts about this.
So you can actually see what they're thinking??? (Then why'd you ask?) Amazing! And who is 'scaring' them do you think? Is there an invisible "woke army" forcing them to pay lip service to some multi-gender agenda? I'll bet THAT'S what it is! Better call Tucker and report this! :)

Ignatius A

So you can actually see what they're thinking??? (Then why'd you ask?) Amazing! And who is 'scaring' them do you think? Is there an invisible "woke army" forcing them to pay lip service to some multi-gender agenda? I'll bet THAT'S what it is! Better call Tucker and report this! :)
You realize I can actually see the words you've typed right? Just a heads up buddy, stupidity and sarcasm aren't the same thing.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
Because the other half of the species does not produce sperm they produce ova. AGAIN the words male/man and female/woman are socially constructed but they point to a reality. The words merely allow for meaningful communication. Changing the words doesn't change the reality.

Yes, they point to a part of the human everyday world but not all of the human experince. But you are the gate keeper of what matters and what rule we should use for the words man and woman. And that is something you can point to and is not based on how you heard your inner voices for what makes a man and a woman that. ;)

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I edited my post.
You talked about gender identity in the OP.
Gender and Gender identity are the same thing.
No every person has a gender identity. My physical sex is male, my gender identity is man, and my sexual orientation is heterosexual. All these identities are crucial in my life and personality. Your denial about these things seems only because you cannot make up a good argument for your case.