• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does Islam Need a Reformation?

Does Islam Need To Be Fundamentally Reformed?

• Yes

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • No

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Explain)

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters

gsa

Yikes? Are we in high school :p
For your information, treason is punishable by death in many countries. Then how about a apostate who insults and openly opposes the religion? He is the worst kind of traitor. I have no pitty for such people because they brought it on themselves with their own tongue and hands.

Yes, the murderer of Theo van Gogh put a note in him saying that Allah was beneficent, merciful.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I despise homosexuality because it goes against mankind and spread diseases. But i dont go around beating gays. Thats wrong. Some youth do that.
So you are OK demonizing an entire population that you disapprove of saying very demeaning things about them, but you are not OK with people insulting Islam? Now there's that double standard again ...

Last edited:

gsa

So you are OK demonizing an entire population that you disprove of saying very demeaning things about them, but you are not OK with people insulting Islam? Now there's that double standard again ...

Yes, one wonders how SoTO would react if someone said "I despise Islam because it goes against humanity and spreads jihad. But I don't go around beating Muslims. That's wrong. Some people do that."

Salek Atesh

The Salafists and extremists are the ones trying most vocally to "reform" it to match their world views. So, I'd say no reform is the better option. Let's not do that.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Yikes? Are we in high school :p
For your information, treason is punishable by death in many countries. Then how about a apostate who insults and openly opposes the religion? He is the worst kind of traitor. I have no pitty for such people because they brought it on themselves with their own tongue and hands.

Nope, I'm not in high school, are you? :p

If someone openly opposes and insults a religion in a religious-run country, and they MUST face some consequence, why not fine them, incarcerate them, etc.? Where do we go from simple punishment (which I STILL think is unnecessary), to KILLING a person by stoning them? Let them talk. Who cares if they insult the religion? It's on them.

Maybe people speaking out against a religion is a message that the religion needs reform.

mahasn ebn sawresho

Go read Leviticus and Deuteronomy if you seriously think the Bible doesn't contain violent and unethical texts--not to mention the verse that basically labels atheists "fools." You are overlooking those texts while criticizing Islam for similar problems.

The religion of love strikes again.
I am a Christian
Leviticus especially the Jewish people and the biblical Scriptures
The whole of the Torah does not call for violence
But the Jewish people use violence to defend its existence
The Torah always declares that it is God who protects his children of the Hebrews
But Christianity is a message to all humanity
But this does not have any text of the Gospel calls for explicit violence
I wish I could put a dividing line between the Bible and the Torah
And also between them and the Koran

mahasn ebn sawresho

to --Smart_Guy Ditto!
These are the reasons
Are my words correctly

Islam is a religion and state ?
Islam does not know God, and one
He connects with Muhammad God ??
Quran is the word of God ??
Are you able to fix the Word of God ???
So there is only one solution
He refuses to be the word of God ??
And then be able to repair ??

mahasn ebn sawresho

I think this is the aspect of Islam that freaks a lot of Westerners out. There is this sense that it's Islam against the world ... that one is either with Islam or against it in a way. The West prides itself on attempting to remove barriers like religious or ideological differences through almost forced cohabitation. But, it seems like the Islamic viewpoint that you represent would rather have isolated Muslim communities, contrary to the welfare of the global society we currently live in. Can you explain your view on this a bit more so I can better understand where you are coming from?
Islam uses a loophole in the liberal West
European and freedom is to stay away from religion
And allow for personal freedom in all its forms
And also of sexual matters
That's notes that the Muslim use this issue to prove the validity of Islam is morally
But does Islam full morally
I'm telling you (do not)
Islamic sexual morality is the nationality of the School
Do you know divorce twice and return to the wife and the desired condition
He thought sex farce Islamist
Explain it to you in spite of my poor English
You are divorced spouse
And returned to it
The second time, also divorced wife and I came back to it
Here will not be able to return to your wife
There are only important condition
It is to marry another man and get a divorce from him
A precondition for this marriage to **** her
It's a farce nationality

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
It's a fact
And you will not be able to respond to them
Is the Koran Two words for love
Gospel is to teach about the love that will never know because you have a Muslim
This poem is also free

Yes, I won't be able to respond to what I didn't read. It's probably something I responded to so many times before but you kept repeating it for some reason. I offered that I can take your posts in Arabic before (if the admins allow it) and suggested you seek help in English before posting but you ignored me.

And, I don't have a Muslim, I am a Muslim!

to --Smart_Guy Ditto!
These are the reasons
Are my words correctly

Islam is a religion and state ?
Islam does not know God, and one
He connects with Muhammad God ??
Quran is the word of God ??
Are you able to fix the Word of God ???
So there is only one solution
He refuses to be the word of God ??
And then be able to repair ??

We talked about this before in length :(

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I despise homosexuality because it goes against mankind and spread diseases. But i dont go around beating gays. Thats wrong. Some youth do that.

1) Homosexuality is scientifically proved to be as much of a natural trait as skin and eye color. Your assertion that it goes against mankind, whatever that is supposed to mean, is unfounded and incorrect.

2) Heterosexual sex is responsible for more cases of STDs than homosexual sex. By your logic, we should despise and forbid heterosexual sex as well. The fact that you don't oppose it is evidence that your beliefs stem from religious dogma and nothing more.

There is nothing wrong with natural sexual desires. Hatred and bigotry, on the other hand, are things that harm people and should be gotten rid of.

NoX

1) Homosexuality is scientifically proved to be as much of a natural trait as skin and eye color. Your assertion that it goes against mankind, whatever that is supposed to mean, is unfounded and incorrect.

Ofcourse being sick is something proven :p someone may be a sick person spiritually or physically, nothing hard to prove. For example you may be diarrhea, nothing shame, but if you insist to stay as diarrhea and make dirty your panties, smell so bad and wonder around " I'm diarrhea and I'm proud of it" :tired: this is really shame and you should be treated. :hushed:

Other than this, being homo is not something in your natural features and its not proven. There are great efforts to impose it as like something "normal", but its not.