• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
But your problem is, that there is only One God. Yes there are 320 million false imaginary gods but only One true God, who is known by hundreds of different names by different people but He is the same God which all true Christians believe in.

I don't understand why you can't understand simple English. You seem to be heavily influenced by something which is preventing you from processing simple facts.
The bolding is mine for emphasis.

Didn't you recently attempt to claim that I had set myself up as some sort of sole authority? I'm pretty sure you did.

Yet here we are slathered in what I see as the thick and rich, full-flavored irony.

Then it shouldn't be any problem for you to point out in detail how all those on the list are only seeming contradictions or the twisting of scripture.

Go ahead. Dazzle us with your acumen.
No, you're the one with the problem, so lets have it. What is your problem with them????, yeah I thought so. You'll never wish them away, they are eternal and they'll be here long after the reprobate are cast into hell

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
No, you're the one with the problem,
No.
so lets have it.
Go ahead. Tell us.
What is your problem with them????
None of this passing the burden of proof nonsense. You made the claims. You do the time.
, yeah I thought so.
You have given me much reason to doubt that.
You'll never wish them away,
I'm not trying to, but you seem to be straining to wish them and my request into the cornfield.

By all means, don't let me stop you from providing the explanations and reasoning to demonstrate your claims. I'm not your excuse.
they are eternal and they'll be here long after the reprobate are cast into hell
Is this your acumen? So far, I am undazzled. Can you do better?

Then show us that it is confirmed as you claim.

I'm not talking to God. I'm talking to you. If God hates sinners, then why did he give the World his only begotten Son that we be saved by grace?

Seems like the greatest act of love for sinners in the entire universe and doesn't fit with your view.

Then the command of Mark 16:15 is meaningless and you are refuting the Bible it would seem.

God perhaps. Not you. You don't get to decide who is worthy and who is not.

And apparently, the entire New Testament disagrees with your interpretation.
There are too many problems with your view of scripture. It's not just in one area but the whole lot.

God never sent His Son into the world to save the whole world. That is rubbish and unbiblical, God sent His Son to save His elect only. There are no scriptures to support the fake theory the God wants to save everyone. I reject such a weak and miserable god who can't achieve his goals. My God is a winner He accomplishes everything He wills to do.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
God never sent His Son into the world to save the whole world. That is rubbish and unbiblical, God sent His Son to save His elect only.
Although I do not accept the NT as an authority, I realize it is an authority for Christians. Therefore I direct you to John 3:16 "For God so loved THE WORLD, that he gave his only begotten son..."

Sargonski

But your problem is, that there is only One God. Yes there are 320 million false imaginary gods but only One true God, who is known by hundreds of different names by different people but He is the same God which all true Christians believe in.

I don't understand why you can't understand simple English. You seem to be heavily influenced by something which is preventing you from processing simple facts.
Why is that a problem for me ? and what does there being only one God have to do that you do not know the name of the God's who's command it is to kill the child for the sin of the parents ?

What is the name of this "One God" Charles .. who is the one having trouble processing simple facts .. such as what the name of the God who's command it is that we kill the child for the sin of the Idolatrous parents.

Who is the one having trouble processing the simple fact that the Israelites did not share your belief in only one God.. and thet there are more than one God mentioned in the Bible .. which the Israelites believed were real .. and worshiped alongside their National God YHWH .. and his Consort Asherah ...

So we don't care about what your beliefs are friend .. the question is of scripture is what did the Israetlites believed .. and they believed in Many Gods .. and so the Bible has many Gods .. The high God El for example .. Chief God of the Divine Council .. Ha Satan of Job --- a divinity with great Godly powers. how can you say Ha Satan is not a God .. as described in the Bible .. what is your definition of a God ??

Regardless -- none of this matters because you have no clue which God of the Bible is the one you worship.. .. which commands to follow and have absolutely no idea how to resolve the contradiction by which your One God theory cannot abide.

Do we kill the child for the sin of idolatrous parents .. or do we Let each be punished for his own sin.

Which is the command of the "One God" you worship .. and what is the name of this God ? "Is there something which is preventing you from processing simple facts" ?

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
And, nothing you posted shows they are not wicked.
I haven't claimed one way or the other. I was relying on you for the reasoned argument, evidence and explanation to enlighten me. Apparently, you are incapable of that based on the fact that you haven't.
You wanna call it a dead rubber stale mate?
No.

You give up if you like. That seems like it would probably be a good move for you considering.

In my view, a true Christian would provide the explanations, evidence and support for their claims rather than running away. You do what you feel is best to maintain your position in your personal view.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
There are too many problems with your view of scripture.
Providing your arguments, evidence and explanations to support your claims has nothing to do with my view of scripture.

Do you have any answers where you don't try to wave off your burden of proof by attacking others instead of addressing it?

Considering the picture of yourself that you are trying to paint here, this seems like a move that contradicts those attempts.
It's not just in one area but the whole lot.
Again, another empty claim that has nothing to do with your burden of proof and claims it would be easy to address that list of contradictions that you seem desperate to separate yourself from by making further empty claims about me personally.
God never sent His Son into the world to save the whole world.
Show me.
That is rubbish and unbiblical,
Show me.
God sent His Son to save His elect only.
Show me. Show me that you are one. The evidence is stacking up against that claim though.
There are no scriptures to support the fake theory the God wants to save everyone.
Show me.
I reject such a weak and miserable god who can't achieve his goals.
I don't think God is weak. You'll have reconcile that to a higher authority in my opinion. Good luck.
My God is a winner He accomplishes everything He wills to do.
But you just said your God isn't biblical, so I don't see how a Christian can take you seriously.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
There are too many problems with your view of scripture. It's not just in one area but the whole lot.

God never sent His Son into the world to save the whole world. That is rubbish and unbiblical, God sent His Son to save His elect only. There are no scriptures to support the fake theory the God wants to save everyone. I reject such a weak and miserable god who can't achieve his goals. My God is a winner He accomplishes everything He wills to do.
And remember, YOUR problem is that we are discussing YOUR claims and not discussing me. I have nothing to do with YOUR claims and am not evidence supporting YOUR claims about that list of alleged biblical contradictions.

Talking about me won't save you. Following through on your personal responsibility as part of a debate and providing a rational, reasonable, evidence-based explanation demonstrating your claims will. I would expect this is easy pickins' for someone claiming to be Elect. So why all the diversion and tactics to talk about a person that is merely asking you to follow through with your burden of proof? It should be no hill for someone claiming to be a climber.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Although I do not accept the NT as an authority, I realize it is an authority for Christians. Therefore I direct you to John 3:16 "For God so loved THE WORLD, that he gave his only begotten son..."

Yes, that is correct. John 3:16–17 states, "16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

There are other similar Bible verses stating that Jesus came to save the world, including those mentioned here.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

I'm still waiting. I think many of us are. Still waiting. Anytime now. Go ahead.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Do you know what "Love" means, you obviously don't because you wouldn't need to ask silly questions if you did
Again with the "making this about me" strategy to avoid the demonstration of your claims. That's really taking the bull by the horns and backing up your claims. I'm so daunted.

Seems like running to me. Maybe you can show me that it isn't. I won't hold my breath.

What else you got?

PearlSeeker

The vast majority of people think they know what love is, because they all imagine it to be the way they want it to be. Nobody cares about the awful truth of meaning of the word.

So, I don't want to simply share my private opinion, like everyone else does. I'd rather consider how God describes love, as He is the One who created love.
According to God, you can't love unless you also hate at the same time. So love must always be accompanied by hate, as one can't exist without the other. The following verse confirms it.

Romans 12:9: Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

Corinthians 13:4-8
4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

A person who is not converted cannot believe in true love, they may display outward signs of love and do good works. But these are as filthy rags in Gods sight, because can see that their motive for displaying these outward signs is selfish and wicked.

The unconverted people can pretend to love you, but they can also stab you in the back t any moment if they don't get their way with you.

So in summary, Gods Children are the only ones who can love others, I mean love in the true sense and not the type that the worldly, unconverted people display. They only love themselves and everything they do for others is for selfish reasons, in order to gain something. But true love is unconditional.
"Hate" (distaste) that is in accordance with love is directed only to sin, not to the person. "Love the sinner, hate the sin."

God can see in people's hearts but you are not God so you can't know the motives of unconverted people.

And the Bible says they can love others:

Romans 2
13 For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous.
14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law.
15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.)

PearlSeeker

None of that says that babies are not wicked, so back to the drawing board for you
Can you define "wicked"? Usually it means morally bad or evil. How is baby enough evolved to be capable of something like this? Do you think they already have moral responsibility? Acts that can be morally evaluated are acts that are freely chosen in consequence of a judgment of conscience.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Yes, that is correct. John 3:16–17 states, "16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."

There are other similar Bible verses stating that Jesus came to save the world, including those mentioned here.
Sp what does that mean if anything to you? That "God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."