• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Various views -- does that mean that some Bahai's believe Satan is a real person and some do not? So how are they united, per se?
There are no Baha'is who believe that Satan is a real person. We unitedly believe that Satan represents the lower material nature of man.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Various views -- does that mean that some Bahai's believe Satan is a real person and some do not? So how are they united, per se?
That's not relevant or addressing what I said at all.

I will say this for the third time. I was addressing the language of the Quran. Simple arabic. You cannot claim that. No I'll tell you what. I have said the same thing twice and you have ignored it. If you are interested in the truth, go back, read what I said originally about Asshaithan and Shaithan, research the language and come back. I am gonna stop here of course unless you do the research.

I wish you all the very best. Cheers.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
I already told you that Baha'is believe in the Bible, although we have various views about the Bible.

Although Bahá'ís universally share a great respect for the Bible, and acknowledge its status as sacred literature, their individual views about its authoritative status range along the full spectrum of possibilities. At one end there are those who assume the uncritical evangelical or fundamentalist-Christian view that the Bible is wholly and indisputably the word of God. At the other end are Bahá'ís attracted to the liberal, scholarly conclusion that the Bible is no more than a product of complex historical and human forces. Between these extremes is the possibility that the Bible contains the Word of God, but only in a particular sense of the phrase 'Word of God' or in particular texts. I hope to show that a Bahá'í view must lie in this middle area, and can be defined to some degree.

A Baháí View of the Bible
Do all Bahai's believe that there is a "middle area" in reference to the validity of the Bible? just wondering...

YoursTrue

There are no Baha'is who believe that Satan is a real person. We unitedly believe that Satan represents the lower material nature of man.
Oh. So when Jesus was in the wilderness it was not a person who spoke to Jesus, but the lower material nature of man, according to Bahai's. Do I have this right about your view? And it was the lower material man that spoke to Eve, is that also your viewpoint? Thanks for stating your beliefs of what Bahai's think and believe.

YoursTrue

That's not relevant or addressing what I said at all.

I will say this for the third time. I was addressing the language of the Quran. Simple arabic. You cannot claim that. No I'll tell you what. I have said the same thing twice and you have ignored it. If you are interested in the truth, go back, read what I said originally about Asshaithan and Shaithan, research the language and come back. I am gonna stop here of course unless you do the research.

I wish you all the very best. Cheers.
I don't do "cheers," but thanks anyway. Meantime please note I was addressing Trailblazer. I don't recall addressing you in the post you cite.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
to be honest, some things don't make sense to me. For instance, ostensibly you believe Bahaullah or someone (the Bab maybe/) was the incarnation or embodiment of whatever -- yet Muslims believe that Mohammed was the last prophet. Correct me if I'm wrong about this, thank you. And it seems you really don't care what anyone else believe, is that true?
Muslims believe that Muhammad was the last prophet who will ever com to earth and Baha'is believe that Muhammad was the Seal of the Prophets, meaning that he was the last Prophet in the Adamic Cycle of religion that began with Adam and ended with Muhammad. Baha'is believe that humanity is now living in a new cycle of religion called the Baha'i Cycle, which began with the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

I do not know what you mean by care. It does not matter to me what others believe since I have my own beliefs and I cam not going to change those beliefs just because others believe differently, nor do I expect anyone to change their beliefs because I believe differently.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Oh. So when Jesus was in the wilderness it was not a person who spoke to Jesus, but the lower material nature of man, according to Bahai's. Do I have this right about your view? And it was the lower material man that spoke to Eve, is that also your viewpoint? Thanks for stating your beliefs of what Bahai's think and believe.
Yes, that is correct. For example:

Matthew 16:23-26 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

The way I interpret those verses is that Jesus was not talking to a real entity called Satan; Jesus was saying to Peter that the things that are not of God but are rather of men (selfish desires) are offensive to Him, referring to His worldly desires that are coming from His lower nature. Then Jesus tells His disciples to deny their selfish desires and to follow in His Way. For whoever will live for their selfish desires shall lose his eternal life, but whoever will sacrifice his life for the sake of Jesus and God shall gain eternal life. It is the soul that gets eternal life, not the body.

So if we live for self and the worldly things we gain the world but we lose our soul in the sense that we lose eternal life.

Eternal life refers to a “quality” of life, nearness to God, which according to Jesus comes from believing in Him. One can have eternal life in this earth world as well as in the spiritual world (afterlife), if they are close to God in their heart.

YoursTrue

Muslims believe that Muhammad was the last prophet who will ever com to earth and Baha'is believe that Muhammad was the Seal of the Prophets, meaning that he was the last Prophet in the Adamic Cycle of religion that began with Adam and ended with Muhammad. Baha'is believe that humanity is now living in a new cycle of religion called the Baha'i Cycle, which began with the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

I do not know what you mean by care. It does not matter to me what others believe since I have my own beliefs and I cam not going to change those beliefs just because others believe differently, nor do I expect anyone to change their beliefs because I believe differently.
By "not care" I mean what you said -- it does not matter to you what others believe. Thanks. Have a good one, as my brother in law would say. :)

YoursTrue

Yes, that is correct. For example:

Matthew 16:23-26 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

The way I interpret those verses is that Jesus was not talking to a real entity called Satan; Jesus was saying to Peter that the things that are not of God but are rather of men (selfish desires) are offensive to Him, referring to His worldly desires that are coming from His lower nature. Then Jesus tells His disciples to deny their selfish desires and to follow in His Way. For whoever will live for their selfish desires shall lose his eternal life, but whoever will sacrifice his life for the sake of Jesus and God shall gain eternal life. It is the soul that gets eternal life, not the body.

So if we live for self and the worldly things we gain the world but we lose our soul in the sense that we lose eternal life.

Eternal life refers to a “quality” of life, nearness to God, which according to Jesus comes from believing in Him. One can have eternal life in this earth world as well as in the spiritual world (afterlife), if they are close to God in their heart.
OK, that's your belief and, as you said, you don't care how anyone else interprets spiritual things. Thanks very much, take care, and "have a good one..."

YoursTrue

Discussions do not mean we are enemies my darling. We should be able to fiercely oppose eachother with genuine arguments, yet remain genuine friends or family. I wish you all the very best.
OK, I hope the best for you, too. Now that you mention it, I don't like "fierce" discussions so I think I'll bow out of those types of discussions. God can reach those he wants to. :)

YoursTrue

OK, I hope the best for you, too. Now that you mention it, I don't like "fierce" discussions so I think I'll bow out of those types of discussions. God can reach those he wants to. :)
@firedragon AS he wants to. I leave the Judging to God although I have my beliefs and not saying I can't be wrong. Some of them, however, are immutable, such as: not hurting my enemy if possible, and in fact, helping him.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Fiercely does not mean fierce discussion as in violent or angry. I mean rigorous. True. Well researched. Thorough.

Peace.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I do not impose anything on any text.
That's exactly what you did. Maybe because of your belief. So believing something and trying to impose that on a text is exactly what you did.

No worries. Don't take offense. I am pointing out how wrong your doctrine is on this particular matter. They taught you wrong. They made it up.