• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That's exactly what you did.
I alone know what I did, and of course God knows. You do not know.

Disagreeing with you about whether Satan exists is not imposing because I am not forcing you to accept my beliefs..

impose

to force someone to accept something, especially a belief or way of living
: impose something on someone I don't want them to impose their religious beliefs on my children. We must impose some kind of order on the way this office is run.

IMPOSE | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary

firedragon

Veteran Member
That all depends upon what you mean by God's word...
Revealed by God to the prophet Muhammed.
Then there are two other issues, translation and interpretation.
I gave you the linguistics. Do you dispute? Please explain on what basis.

Don't take this offensively. I understand that it might be harsh since this is your personal faith. But take a methodological approach. If you dont wish to, please do say and I will of course stop replying. Okay?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad, but written by men. That leaves room for errors, just like the Bible
oh so you believe Qur'an has errors. No problem. Please provide the information necessary to believe that there are errors in knowing what Asshaithan, Shaythan, and Shayatheena means. Be specific.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I told you I did not want to debate this. You are free to believe whatever you want to believe as am I.
Everyone is absolutely free to believe what you wish. One could be wrong in simple linguistic and mislead.

I shall tell you directly that you are not engaging with the language because you are completely mislead. Someone lied to you because they know you don't know the language and you have dissonance because you call the Qur'an God's word and then at the same time reject it. You have no studies or even research done on the Bible or the Qur'an or the language and blindly believe a website of your choice.

Anyway, I thought I should simply say this even if you get offended. must state facts. I will not engage with this particular topic any more. Yet I believe you are a good person.

Cheers.

Sargonski

Please -- have a nice day! Hope the weather is good where you're at -- no big storms, power outages, things like that. Take care!

Ouchie ... Wowchie .. something sure sent you running from the playground .. Did the Biblical fact the creator God did not think much of the the humans that the Gods created .. and in fact believes you are so worthless .. Gods words not mine " -- only wicked and worthless thoughts .. only evil all the time .. that he tried to wipe all humans out .. Fortunately another God saved a few humans.,,

Did you not understand "Let US make man in OUR Image" .. thats plural friend .. and plural is how everyone understood the story ~1800 BC at the time of Abe .. down to the end of the Israelites in~ 720 BC..

Everyone believed that is was a number of Gods had a hand in the creation of humans friend .. not just the Israelites but all the other peoples around them . Hittites - Moabites - Phonecians - Ammonites - Assyrians - Babylonians .. and so on.

What it the idea of more than one God that gives you trouble Brother True

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
I can go along with James 1:27 as good advise and agree once again James had a good handle on the message of God through Christ. However, it is not a commandment, nor does it specify a particular religion as The True Religion. It just helps identify one attribute of true faith in God. Followers of many various religions display this attribute, including many of no religion. A good example of God quietly working in one's heart, yes?
Well, we all have a divine, built-in conscience which guides us, don’t we? Deep down, we mostly know good behavior. Some people are messed-up though. Their conscience has been “seared”.

1 Timothy 4:1,2.

DJust curious…does your Bible say “teachings of demons” in that verse?

What do you think that might be?
You can read the following verses. You might find it interesting.

Goodnight, my cousin.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
1 Timothy 4:1,2.

DJust curious…does your Bible say “teachings of demons” in that verse?
The author is very obviously engages in an ad hominem attack against those who originally believed, but have come to change their mind. Rather than admit someone can simply become convinced that their former beliefs were wrong, he attacks them personally. He convinces himself that they have left due to demons, so that he doesn't have to deal with their very real concerns.