• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
YoursTrue said:
When the ALMIGHTY God said "Let us make man in our image," he was clearly speaking to someone.

"to other Gods "
It were the angels, not other gods, please, right?

Regards
It depends how you look at it. The ALMIGHTY God was speaking to his Son in heaven. Everything that was made was made through the Son. Remember what Jesus said when he was accused of blasphemy by the Jews when he was on the earth because he said he was the SON of God. That was considered blasphemy by some of his listeners. He recalled the scripture where judges were also called gods. That is at Psalm 82. You can find it at www.bible.cc.

YoursTrue

Yes Brother True .. you have spoken the Truth .. EL was speaking to other Gods in the Divine Assembly ..
All things were made by God the Almighty through the Word. John 1:3 explains, "through him all things were made, and without him nothing was made that has been made."

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
King James was not only homosexual, he was into many perversions and demonology and wrote the book on it!
That's my ancestor! Not that it really matters. He wrote a book on demonology because he was concerned about witches .and was homosexual I saw on google. Being homosexual is okay with me though. Writing a book on demonology is ignorance personified, but what else can you expect from a early 17th century man. When Sara finds out he was a great-great-grandson of Henry VII, that will upset her! She idolizes Richard III. I'm descended from Henry VII.

Last edited:

firedragon

Veteran Member
That's my ancestor! Not that it really matters. He wrote a book on demonology because he was concerned about witches .and was homosexual I saw on google. Being homosexual is okay with me though. Writing a book on demonology is ignorance personified, but what else can you expect from a early 17th century man. When Sara finds out he was a great-great-grandson of Henry VII, that will upset her! She idolizes Richard III. I'm descended from Henry VII.
Wow. That's NEWS to me about King James. Thank you.

Elijah2

Should you ever read the book for yourself you will know whoever supplied the Cliff-Notes for your comment did not tell the truth on the matter or the King. Sorry to hear he was related.

YoursTrue

That's my ancestor! Not that it really matters. He wrote a book on demonology because he was concerned about witches .and was homosexual I saw on google. Being homosexual is okay with me though. Writing a I on demonology is ignorance personified, but what else can you expect from a early 17th century man. When Sara finds out he was a great-great-grandson of Henry VII, that will upset her! She idolizes Richard III. I'm descended from Henry VII.
In the resurrection, King James will learn for a certainty what pleases God and what does not please Him.
Jesus did say the good news will be preached and then the end will come.
Matthew 24:14 - And the Good News about the Kingdom will be preached throughout the whole world, so that all nations will hear it; and then the end will come.
So some of us are looking forward to that time.
and -- the King James Bible is a good translation. Out-of-date now, but it was a very good translation.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
SON of God
It is a Hellenist Pauline term, please, right?
*"In Greek mythology, Heracles (son of Zeus) and many other figures were considered to be sons of gods through union with mortal women. From around 360 BC onwards Alexander the Great may have implied he was a demigod by using the title "Son of AmmonZeus".[27]"
Mother Mary was never a wife unto G-d, so no (Jesus)Yeshua was never a son of God, in physical and literal sense, right, please?

Regards

Last edited:

YoursTrue

It is a Hellenist Pauline term, please, right?
Mother Mary was never a wife unto G-d, so no (Jesus)Yeshua was never a son of God, in physical and literal sense, right, please?

Regards
Do you consider yourself a son of God?

YoursTrue

@paarsurrey -- First please answer if you consider yourself a son of God, then we perhaps can go on to more about Jesus and Mary. OK?

YoursTrue

I am a servant/believer of G-d, and nothing more, please, right?

Regards
So you believe there is a God, right? (which one, by the way) please...:) (Does your God have a name?) So you apparently do not consider yourself as a son of God, ok. But a servant of God, ok. (Not to forget though -- which God do you serve?)

YoursTrue

No. Son of God is also a Hebrew term rampant in the Tanakh. Ben Elohim.
Jehovah spoke of Israel as His son, interestingly enough his firstborn. Exodus 4:22,23 - "Then tell Pharaoh that this is what the LORD says: ‘Israel is My firstborn son, 23and I told you to let My son go so that he may worship Me" (Berean Standard Bible)

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
Should you ever read the book for yourself you will know whoever supplied the Cliff-Notes for your comment did not tell the truth on the matter or the King. Sorry to hear he was related.
He did persecute and torture what he thought were witches. I got that from Wikipedia. It's doesn't matter that he was related, because sins don't transmit over time. Sara was a little surprised about being descended from Henry VII, but really it matters little to her. Henry VII defeated Richard III at Bosworth Field as you probably know, I think in 1483, or somewhere in there. I'm not looking that up on google because the exact year is not very relevant. Okay, it was in 1485. I peeked.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Who forbids marriage…
The hierarchy of some religions forbid their priests to marry, do they not?
Abstinence from foods
Who abstains from eating red meat on Fridays?

Other religions ban other foods.

(As a side point, at Acts 15:28,29 for Christians, blood should never be consumed. In fact, it was a decree from God, that was to apply to all mankind (Genesis 9:4), not just Christians.)

firedragon

Veteran Member
Jehovah spoke of Israel as His son, interestingly enough his firstborn. Exodus 4:22,23 - "Then tell Pharaoh that this is what the LORD says: ‘Israel is My firstborn son, 23and I told you to let My son go so that he may worship Me" (Berean Standard Bible)
So was Ephraim. David. It's even referred in the plural. So like this person said, it's not only a hellenistic phrase.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
The hierarchy of some religions forbid their priests to marry, do they not?

Who abstains from eating red meat on Fridays?

Other religions ban other foods.

(As a side point, at Acts 15:28,29 for Christians, blood should never be consumed. In fact, it was a decree from God, that was to apply to all mankind (Genesis 9:4), not just Christians.)
So, these you mention belong in the category of the scripture in discussion as:
deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 through the pretensions of liars ?
That pretty much covers all relgions, doesn't it?