• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Is there a reason you are interviewing me?
We ask questions of one another sometimes, don't we? So since you are talking about things that are disgusting, how do you feel about people out of religious fervor killing others of another religion? I'm not interviewing you, please excuse if you are reluctant to answer the question. Take care.

YoursTrue

I gave you two examples. Can you provide a "commandment" that specifies one must be Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Bah'ai, or as in reference to the Centurion, even a follower of any Abrahamic religion? God knows one's HEART and in each of us, that is where God resides.....thus......
Namaste
Yes, God knows the heart of each one of us. There are commandments These were specific in their application. Now of course there are those of various religious ideas who say it's mythical, but nevertheless it is in the holy scriptures. Part of those commandments would be found at Exodus chapter 20. Also @Subduction Zone .

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
hmm I wonder if @Jayhawker Soule and/or @Spice agrees with you about that..if they might find some ideas or viewpoints of so-called "Christian viewpoints" disgusting --
Individual viewpoints may hit the edge of disgusting, but that's a hard description to pair with any faith in God. Disappointing is most definitely found often, though.

Spice

There are commandments In the Bible. Do you ever read it? There are, of course, the Ten Commandments.
There is definitely something about you and this time of day that just brings out the snarky.

Yes. I read the Bible basically everyday and am quite familiar with the commandments. The issue of position between you and I since yesterday is whether you can find a commandment that identifies a specific Religion that God demands we follow?

Spice

Yes, God knows the heart of each one of us. There are commandments These were specific in their application. Now of course there are those of various religious ideas who say it's mythical, but nevertheless it is in the holy scriptures. Part of those commandments would be found at Exodus chapter 20. Also @Subduction Zone .
You're still beating around the bush at the point of discussion.

If you just need interaction, why not be useful with it instead of trying to spark controversy?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
(Jesus) Yeshua made it very clear that he has been sent to the House of Israel even as per the Pauline deviant NT Bible, right, please?:
24 He answered, “ I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
Jesus was referring to sinful Jews--they were his concern. Paul missionized mainly gentiles.

YoursTrue

You're still beating around the bush at the point of discussion.

If you just need interaction, why not be useful with it instead of trying to spark controversy?
What controversy? It's either-or. Exodus 20 has plenty of commandments. I'm not saying you or anyone else has to follow or believe them. The Israelites were given a choice.

YoursTrue

There is definitely something about you and this time of day that just brings out the snarky.

Yes. I read the Bible basically everyday and am quite familiar with the commandments. The issue of position between you and I since yesterday is whether you can find a commandment that identifies a specific Religion that God demands we follow?
Very good that you read the Bible frequently! Yes, to understand these things better, first of all we need to recognize that the commandments at Exodus 20 were given first of all to the Jews. This does not mean that Christians are to avoid the commandments or will not be held accountable. Notice Psalm 45. Would seem to apply to more than Jews.

YoursTrue

Individual viewpoints may hit the edge of disgusting, but that's a hard description to pair with any faith in God. Disappointing is most definitely found often, though.
OK, I find it interesting that little to no comment(s) are expressed by various individuals about the misery inflicted by religious or political warfare.

YoursTrue

It's kind of like the choice Adam & Eve were given -- they could obey or disobey and then there would be consequences if they disobeyed.

YoursTrue

What a laughably stupid question! :rolleyes:
I may be on your ignore list, but it's not a stupid question at all, since clearly and obviously nation can and will go against nation and sometimes it's religiously based. And/or brother killing brother.

YoursTrue

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

paarsurrey said:
Sure it does, please

(Jesus) Yeshua made it very clear that he has been sent to the House of Israel even as per the Pauline deviant NT Bible, right, please?:
24 He answered, I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Yet the deviant Pauline NT Bible would like its innocent/ simple minded followers to believe that since there is no history (Greek/Roman) after Galilee , so Yeshua must have ascended to heavens from Galilee; just another folly (sorry for the strong word) of the Paulines and mistake/contradiction (accusation against Yeshua) of their deviant Pauline NT Bible, please, right?
Do all people who are missing from their homeland all have ascended to Heaven, please, right?

Because NT Bible doesn't present the teachings and deeds of Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah.

Regards
Thank you for answering. Since you say and believe the Bible does not present the teachings and deeds of Jesus, what do you believe does present his teachings?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Thanks for sharing your beliefs. As a Baha'i, I do not believe that there is a being called Satan who is external to the self. I believe that Satan or whatever is interpreted as evil, refers to the lower nature in man.
That's wrong linguistically. Who ever taught you this has no idea.

The Qur'an has Asshaitan and Shaitan. Nakeerah and Maarifah. One is definite which means it's referring to an actual being, and the other could be interpreted as what you are stating.

Sorry brother. Someone made that up and mislead you.

YoursTrue

OK, sorry that I bring out the snarky. :) I guess it's a weakness, I'm not perfect. Yet.
So how do you relate to this: 1 Peter 2:21 - "For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps." Naturally there's more, but that's a scriptural start. I hope.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
That's wrong linguistically. Who ever taught you this has no idea.

The Qur'an has Asshaitan and Shaitan. Nakeerah and Maarifah. One is definite which means it's referring to an actual being, and the other could be interpreted as what you are stating.

Sorry brother. Someone made that up and mislead you.
Or, we must consider, someone made up your assertions to mislead you. I wonder how you would argue one way or the other. Except, of course, by asserting it again -- the usual "argumentum ad nauseum" or "argument from repetition."