• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

Ebionite

The ones (apocryphal) that never became part of the Bible is because they are out of harmony with the harmonious '66' Bible books
There's no harmony between the prophetic texts which repudiate blood sacrifice and the Pauline texts that endorse it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He also said that "from the beginning..." regarding marriage. Mark 10, Jesus said: "It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law,” Jesus replied. 6“But at the beginning of creation God ‘made them male and female.’ " So he knew what Moses wrote.
You keep assuming that the Bible is accurate when we know that even the Gospels have flaws in them. That is what the authors claimed that Jesus said.
Here is the problem, if Jesus actually said such things then arguing that he is God becomes very very problematic.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
You keep assuming that the Bible is accurate when we know that even the Gospels have flaws in them. That is what the authors claimed that Jesus said.
Here is the problem, if Jesus actually said such things then arguing that he is God becomes very very problematic.
Yep, that adds to the problem of him not only praying to himself, but also talking about himself in the third person.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The scrolls were evidently opened and read in the synagogues in Jesus' day.
OK, well, let's see. Jesus did not say he was God. To say he was the son of God was not taken lightly by his opposers, because that put him in a different position from simply being another religious person.

YoursTrue

I don't believe the gospel accounts have flaws in them. Translations and other situations can lead to problems. But there is no reason for me to believe the accounts have flaws as such that would detract or diminish the message.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't believe the gospel accounts have flaws in them. Translations and other situations can lead to problems. But there is no reason for me to believe the accounts have flaws as such that would detract or diminish the message.
Then you have never studied the Bible. I know of one that cannot be due to differences in translations. Are you not aware of the ten year difference between the year of the date of the birth of Jesus in the two nativity myths?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The scrolls were evidently opened and read in the synagogues in Jesus' day.

OK, well, let's see. Jesus did not say he was God. To say he was the son of God was not taken lightly by his opposers, because that put him in a different position from simply being another religious person.
Oh, that is right, you are not a trinitarian. I guess that could excuse some of Jesus's ignorance.

YoursTrue

I never said Jesus is God or part of a triune "godhead." Jesus never said that either.

YoursTrue

Oh, that is right, you are not a trinitarian. I guess that could excuse some of Jesus's ignorance.
Again, you really are a put-down artist and not explaining yourself. Jesus never said he is God. I don't know where you're getting this idea from. Certainly not Jesus. But whether you like it or not, I believe he is in a very high position now, much greater than when he was on the earth. Naturally you don't believe that either, but -- that's ok because that's how it should be, since Jesus had enemies while he was on the earth -- and the end will be the defining matter.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.

When I was a Christian, I believed in the hypostatic union, which is the theological belief that Jesus took on human nature yet remained fully God when he was a man. It encapsulates the belief regarding his humanity and divinity (two natures) in a single hypostasis and is in conjunction with the Trinity doctrine.

As a former Christian evangelist, I know that many evangelicals don't consider Jehovah's Witnesses to be true Christians, but rather misguided people who hold false beliefs, distort and misinterpret the Bible, and teach unbiblical doctrines (e.g., "Who are the Jehovah’s Witnesses and what are their beliefs?").

I believed the same when I was an evangelical. In fact, I considered them to be among the least knowledgeable of the Bible during my many years as an evangelist and street preacher. It became apparent to me that their knowledge of the Bible was restricted to their church's approved interpretation and sanctioned teachings. I received training as a street preacher to specifically target them and attempt to convert them to my evangelical-centered version of Christianity. In fact, the belief that JWs (as well as LDS Mormons and Roman Catholics) weren't genuine Christians was an integral part of my training. I was equipped with specific gospel tracts and other materials that informed me about their beliefs, along with instructions on how to lead them to Christ.

Last edited:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
the hypostatic union, which is the theological belief that Jesus took on human nature yet remained fully God when he was a man. It encapsulates the belief regarding his humanity and divinity (two natures)
What a hypocritical, one must say, creed of the Paulines, please, right??! (Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah was a straightforward person, this creed has nothing to do with him, right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
many evangelicals don't consider Jehovah's Witnesses to be true Christians
All Paulines, 45000+ of them including JWs and Latter Day Saints aka Mormons, are equally misguided people, as I understand, and have nothing to do with(Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah ( who was neither a Zealot, nor he belonged to the Zionism people nor to the Judaism people), please, right?

Regards

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
What a hypocritical, one must say, creed of the Paulines, please, right??! (Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah was a straightforward person, this creed has nothing to do with him, right, please?

Regards

All Paulines, 45000+ of them including JWs and Latter Day Saints aka Mormons, are equally misguided people, as I understand, and have nothing to do with(Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah ( who was neither a Zealot, nor he belonged to the Zionism people nor to the Judaism people), please, right?

Regards

Of course, you're entitled to your own personal Christian beliefs, Paarsurrey, just as other Christians are entitled to their own personal Christian beliefs.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It became apparent to me that their* knowledge of the Bible was restricted to their church's approved interpretation and sanctioned teachings.
*JWs'
I have also attended their Kingdom Hall, they preach "Watch Tower" (magazine), when I used to tell them that what their Magazine informs is not written in the Pauline-NT-Bible, right?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Does The Bible Contain Errors And Contradictions

Of course, you're entitled to your own personal Christian beliefs, Paarsurrey, just as other Christians are entitled to their own personal Christian beliefs.
you're entitled to your own personal Christian beliefs
I don't subscribe to, as I understand, the misguided Paulines, I walk behind (Jesus)Yeshua- the truthful Israelite Messiah, ( who was neither a Zealot, nor he belonged to the Zionism people nor to the Judaism people), his deeds and his truthful teachings, right?

Regards

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
When I was a Christian, I believed in the hypostatic union, which is the theological belief that Jesus took on human nature yet remained fully God when he was a man. It encapsulates the belief regarding his humanity and divinity (two natures) in a single hypostasis and is in conjunction with the Trinity doctrine.

As a former Christian evangelist, I know that many evangelicals don't consider Jehovah's Witnesses to be true Christians, but rather a misguided cult who hold false beliefs, distort and misinterpret the Bible, and teach unbiblical doctrines (e.g., "Who are the Jehovah’s Witnesses and what are their beliefs?").

I believed the same when I was an evangelical. In fact, I considered them to be among the least knowledgeable of the Bible during my many years as an evangelist and street preacher. It became apparent to me that their knowledge of the Bible was restricted to their church's approved interpretation and sanctioned teachings. I received training as a street preacher to specifically target them and attempt to convert them to my evangelical-centered version of Christianity. In fact, the belief that JWs (as well as Mormons and Catholics) weren't genuine Christians and were a religious cult (not authentic Christians) was an integral part of my training. I was equipped with specific gospel tracts and other materials, along with instructions on how to lead them to Christ.
Just be careful here. I agree with you about the JW's, but I have been given a talking to for calling them a "cult" that violates forum rules.