• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the universe need intelligence to order it?

godnotgod

Thou art That
So please tell us about your extensive experience of Zen meditation and practice.

<sound of hedgehog settling in for long wait>

I have candy for you...

Q: Who was the dead blonde in the closet?
A: The 1986 Hide and Seek winner.

Now get back in that closet!

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
you've not studied Zen;

Well there's a funny thing, I was a member of a Zen sangha for many years and used to lead mindfulness days for the group. Ever heard of Thích Nhất Hạnh?
And I spent many years spent in Tibetan Buddhist traditions, including Dzogchen, personal time on retreat with Sogyal Rinpoche, blah blah.

So I'm still waiting, let's here about your personal experience of Buddhist practice.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
If that. But if somebody won't say and just keeps spouting cliche, then what are we to think? :confused:
I think we will probably find out Barack Obama's school grades before godnotgod spills the beans.

Heck, I've written extensively on RF about my experience down the rabbit hole of inner reality... it's not hard. Someone did tell me it took great courage though.... Hmmmmm.

godnotgod

Thou art That
If that. But if somebody won't say then what area we to think? :confused:

You remind me of what my old history professor friend said about the Nazis:

'They're either at your feet or in your face'

We don't submit to bootjack interrogation in these parts, fella. Why, we're all from Californy, where the women are strong and the men are pretty, like me. The more you pry, the tighter this ***** gets. Meow!

godnotgod

Thou art That
I think we will probably find out Barack Obama's school grades before godnotgod spills the beans.

Heck, I've written extensively on RF about my experience down the rabbit hole of inner reality... it's not hard. Someone did tell me it took great courage though.... Hmmmmm.

Have you seen any WMD's or birth certificates lately?:p

I'll bet you have zero idea as to why I won't accomodate Spiny's repeated probes, do you?

godnotgod

Thou art That
You are one pretending, my friend, it's just a charade with delusions of grandeur. Still no word on your experience of Buddhist practice I see. :confused:

student: teach me Zen.
Joshu: have you had your porridge yet?
student: yes
joshu: then you had better wash your bowl

If you cannot wash your bowl, then peel the potatoes.

godnotgod

Thou art That
So no actual experience of Buddhist practice then? Right.....

You truly are a master of evasion if nothing else. :p

So, have you taken the time to re-read and understand my comments on Suzuki roshi's statement, or are you fixated on being a complete *******?