• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Does the universe need intelligence to order it?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
GNG it might be better if you start another thread to expound your "teachings". This thread is going nowhere, we keep going round the same old pointless circle of evasion and subterfuge.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Tell us about your personal experience of Zen practice, godnotgod.

I have to be up in 3 1/2 hours so I must depart the thrilling exposition that godnotgod is about to give on his extensive experience of Zen practice. I'm so excited at the prospect that I wonder if I'll be able to sleep... It's like waiting for an email from Gawd.

godnotgod

Thou art That
Tell us about your personal experience of Zen practice, godnotgod.

So, you see, there were these two Christians, trying to badger a Buddhist into a corner:

Christian: 'C'mon! YOU have sins, now, don'cha, huh, don'cha?
Buddhist: 'Yes, but they weren't MY sins!'

godnotgod

Thou art That
re: 'foreground' and 'background' of existence:

“Everything we see is always changing, always losing its balance. But the reason everything looks beautiful is because it is out of balance, but its background is always in perfect harmony. This is how everything actually exists; losing its balance against a background of perfect balance. So if you see things without realizing the background of perfect balance*, everything appears to be in the form of suffering. But if you understand the background of existence, you realize that suffering itself is how we live, and how we extend our life.”

excerpted from: 'Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind', by Shunryu Suzuki, founder and roshi, San Francisco Zen Center

* 'without realizing the background of perfect balance' is the state of being enlightened, but not realizing it, which is the state of consciousness of most of mankind, whose attention is driven by the three lower centers of consciousness: Power, Sensation, and Security, which are addictions. Only via the Fourth Level of Consciousness, that of Love, can these three Addictions be transformed into Preferences.

Rick O'Shez

* 'without realizing the background of perfect balance' is the state of being enlightened, but not realizing it, which is the state of consciousness of most of mankind, whose attention is driven by the three lower centers of consciousness: Power, Sensation, and Security, which are addictions. Only via the Fourth Level of Consciousness, that of Love, can these three Addictions be transformed into Preferences.

It was irrelevant rubbish the first time, and posting it again doesn't make any difference.

Just give it up, GNG, you've been rumbled and the cat is out of the bag. Admit you're just a poor deluded fool like the rest of us!

godnotgod

Thou art That
There is nothing to get here. "Foam on the Ganges" as we Buddhists say.

See? I told you. You're NOT a Buddhist. Any self respecting dunce of a Buddhist would know the first thing about Buddhism, which is that THERE IS NOTHING TO GET!, which you apparently think there is.

Rick O'Shez

A Buddhist without a Buddha nature.

You really are clueless aren't you. No conception that Buddha nature is particular to certain schools of Buddhism, no conception of the diversity in Buddhist schools, no conception of anything, just some poorly understood snippets read in a book or off the internet.

Just give it up GNG, you're not fooling anyone here. The more you go on with this the more you are embarrassing yourself.

godnotgod

Thou art That
It was irrelevant rubbish the first time, and posting it again doesn't make any difference.

Just give it up, GNG, you've been rumbled and the cat is out of the bag. Admit you're just a poor deluded fool like the rest of us!

There never was a cat in the bag to begin with. You truly are a fool!

Now go to your room!

(I am not posting for your personal benefit. There are others here who are listening, even though you are not, or cannot, due to all that new age crap stopping up the works.)