• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Eternal grovelling or nonexistence?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
It's free will in the same sense that if I put a gun to your head and demand your money, you have a free choice to keep it.

Hmm I see no one holding a Gun to my head. There is no one holding one to your head either yet you still choose to not believe in God. That is free will. If God demanded obedience you would not have the choice to disobey Him, like you are doing now. The fact you are able to be here and question this is proof of free will.

CarlinKnew

Hmm I see no one holding a Gun to my head. There is no one holding one to your head either yet you still choose to not believe in God. That is free will. If God demanded obedience you would not have the choice to disobey Him, like you are doing now. The fact you are able to be here and question this is proof of free will.

The gun to my head is the threat of hell or nonexistence. I thought the metaphor was self explanatory.

Enoch07

Premium Member
The gun to my head is the threat of hell or nonexistence. I thought the metaphor was self explanatory.

Is this knowledge stopping you from being an atheist Carlinknew? Ill answer to save time. No. So how is it a threat to you?

CarlinKnew

Is this knowledge stopping you from being an atheist Carlinknew? Ill answer to save time. No. So how is it a threat to you?

It's not a threat to me because I don't take the Bible seriously, it's a work of fiction. I'm speaking hypothetically. The God of the Bible demands worship at the threat of eternal punishment. If I did take the Bible seriously then it certainly would be a threat to me.

OmarKhayyam

IF you believe this mythology it most certainly IS an offer you can’t refuse. Done in the best Vito Corleone tradition. And if YOU did it you would be convicted of extortion and set to JAIL. And properly so.

Your loving and caring god is a common criminal and WOULD be in jail in any civilized society.

Enoch07

Premium Member
If you took the Bible seriously you would know that the threat of hell is almost non-existent for Christians. I am no saint, but I follow the rules best I can. I am not worried about God threatening me to hell, because I know I have followed the rules the best I can. So like I said. There is no "gun" to my head or anyone else. I am a Christian. Hell is no threat to me.

Enoch07

Premium Member
IF you believe this mythology it most certainly IS an offer you can’t refuse. Done in the best Vito Corleone tradition. And if YOU did it you would be convicted of extortion and set to JAIL. And properly so.

Your loving and caring god is a common criminal and WOULD be in jail in any civilized society.

Feel free to try and take Him to jail Omarkhayyam. You can play your little violin all day and no one cares. So keep on playing it!

CarlinKnew

If you took the Bible seriously you would know that the threat of hell is almost non-existent for Christians. I am no saint, but I follow the rules best I can. I am not worried about God threatening me to hell, because I know I have followed the rules the best I can. So like I said. There is no "gun" to my head or anyone else. I am a Christian. Hell is no threat to me.

Right, which basically gives Christians an imaginary free pass to do anything as long as they repent, but that's a topic for a different discussion. The concept of hell makes it hard for some Christians to stop believing even when they have strong doubts. It's a horrible fear tactic, but it certainly fulfills its purpose and brings in the tithe.

OmarKhayyam

Feel free to try and take Him to jail Omarkhayyam. You can play your little violin all day and no one cares. So keep on playing it!

That does not answer the argument made.

Surprise!:rolleyes:

Believe or burn. That's the offer.

Do you deny that?

Enoch07

Premium Member
Right, which basically gives Christians an imaginary free pass to do anything as long as they repent, but that's a topic for different discussion. The concept of hell makes it hard for some Christians to stop believing even when they have strong doubts. It's a horrible fear tactic, but it certainly fulfills its purpose and brings in the tithe.

Again true Christians have no fear of God. The only fear tactic is the fear you produce in your own mind, because you do not understand Christianity or how it works.

CarlinKnew

Again true Christians have no fear of God. The only fear tactic is the fear you produce in your own mind, because you do not understand Christianity or how it works.

It's not that complicated, I get it. Worship or pay the price.

Enoch07

Premium Member
That does not answer the argument made.

Surprise!:rolleyes:

Believe or burn. That's the offer.

Do you deny that?

You are not paying attention to the thread then. God's offer is Heaven for believers, Hell for non-believers. Carlinknew is refusing the offer to believe. You are refusing the offer to believe. So how is it a offer than cannot be refused? You logic is not very logical.

Last edited:

Enoch07

Premium Member
It's not that complicated, I get it. Worship or pay the price.

Good glad to hear you admit to your fears. Yet you still choose to be an adamant atheist. I can respect that. Just more proof of free will.