• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone who hears of Jesus but does not accept Him is going to hell.

Everyone who does not accept Jesu is going to hell

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Of course not. You don't have any reason to believe in the hell myth
now do ya?

Why wouldn't I believe in Hell? It's a traditional concept, we already covered this in another thread. There is no reason to think that the Xians in the time of Jesu did not believe in Hell, they merely used their language to describe the existing concept, in the Bible.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Why wouldn't I believe in Hell? It's a traditional concept, we already covered this in another thread. There is no reason to think that the Xians in the time of Jesu did not believe in Hell, they merely used their language to describe the existing concept, in the Bible.

"Christians in the time of Jesu"????? Really? There were a lot of Christian at the time of Christ?

jeager106

Premium Member

Do a little research. The Christian "Hell" was introduced in about the 3rd century.

From the third century the darkness of the infiltration of man-made beliefs into Christianity deepened until the Dark Ages had smothered almost all the light of God’s Word. At the beginning of this time, the first attempts were made to create a systematic set of beliefs. It is not surprising that an ever-burning hell and the immortality of the soul were prominently included.

It is at this time that such beliefs, held by most Christians today, had their origin. An ever-burning hell has remained a commonly taught doctrine of the Christian religion to this day. It was not based on the Bible but on philosophy. Bible verses were later sought to uphold the ancient philosophies of the Greeks, and added to the teaching.

Link:
http://www.truthaccordingtoscripture.com/documents/death/origin-of-hell-fire.php#.VdPZuLNlxCE

jeager106

Premium Member
That's when the Christian notion of "hell" was introduced.
Some form of everlasting & nasty punishment has existed
in myth of almost all cultures for thousands of years.

Yoshua

translated verses :

"Say, "He is Allah, The Only One,"(1) "Allah , the Eternal Refuge. "(2) "He neither begets nor is born,"(3)" Nor is there to Him any equivalent "(4) Surat Al-'Ikhlāş (The Sincerity)

Bible have been changed every time by people. Quran never changed for more than 1400 years and till now. Which one is most likely to be believed?
Hi Wat,

There are a lot of people who tried to distort the Bible. I believe that evil one use this people to deceive many, and not focus their attention to God. The Bible cited and expose Satan's way of deception, Apostle and Jesus warned Christians about the false teachings/prophets, schemes of the devil, and how to cast him out. I believed this is the reason behind it plus the Bible brings people to Christ/God. The Bible is still intact and never shaken since last 2,000 years ago.

Thanks

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Wonder how He did that? Lightning storm? Solar flares?
Perhaps a really big meteor? Cosmic ray burst maybe?
Because I'm a picky son of a *****, to destroy a major population center today only requires a rock about the size of a small house, let alone the structures and cities that would've been found in Sodom & Gomorrah. And that's assuming the thing is moving at roughly normal speed for celestial bodies. If it's moving fast enough that you start describing speed in terms like "relativistic", you can scale down to a grain of sand and probably shatter the planet. Momentum is what makes Sir Isaac Newton the deadliest son-of-a-***** in space.

jeager106

Premium Member
You know that I'm not an exclusivist, right? All the more reason to believe in a Hell.

Have you ever researched where "hell" in the Christian religion came from?
Where is "hell" in the Bible? See and read link.
The myth of "hell" was debunked decades ago.
http://www.thehypertexts.com/How many tines is hell mentioned in the Bible.htm

From the article.
How often does the word "hell" appear in the Bible? As the table below demonstrates, according to the consensus opinion of modern Bible scholarship, the word "hell" was never mentioned, not even a single time, in the entire Bible! In fact, the Hebrew language lacks any word that means "hell."

jeager106

Premium Member
Can you imagine living forever sick and alone?

Humans can create all kinds of hell's.
We are addressing the Christian notion of a burning, suffering, hell-fire
ruled by Satan and his minions where "god" tosses "bad" people.
And "yes" I've been in some hell's of my own.

Last edited:

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Can you imagine living forever sick and alone?
Some people don't have to imagine.

Humans can create all kinds of hell's.
We are addressing the Christian notion of a burning, suffering, hell-fire
ruled by Satan and his minions where "god" tosses "bad" people.
And "yes" I've been in some hell's of my own.
Which, it should be noted, flat-out steals a word from my faith and has drug it through the sewers, causing people to think of it as a place of torment and suffering, when in fact Hel is merely a place of peace and rest for the weary dead. If you're a Christian and believe in "Hell", use your own goddamn terms for it(I am not referring to you here at all Jeager). Gehenna would work. But leave Hel out of it.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Have you ever researched where "hell" in the Christian religion came from?
Where is "hell" in the Bible? See and read link.
The myth of "hell" was debunked decades ago.
http://www.thehypertexts.com/How many tines is hell mentioned in the Bible.htm

From the article.
How often does the word "hell" appear in the Bible? As the table below demonstrates, according to the consensus opinion of modern Bible scholarship, the word "hell" was never mentioned, not even a single time, in the entire Bible! In fact, the Hebrew language lacks any word that means "hell."
Ehhh, that's not quite true. If we're going by the origin of the word "Hel", then Sheol is a perfectly reasonable substitute, and for the New Testament, "Hades" is equally applicable. But in so far as the lake of fire stuff, that's Gehenna, which was a literal lake of fire that happened to actually exist as a pit where garbage was burned.

jeager106

Premium Member
Some people don't have to imagine.

Which, it should be noted, flat-out steals a word from my faith and has drug it through the sewers, causing people to think of it as a place of torment and suffering, when in fact Hel is merely a place of peace and rest for the weary dead. If you're a Christian and believe in "Hell", use your own goddamn terms for it(I am not referring to you here at all Jeager). Gehenna would work. But leave Hel out of it.

Very well said Nietzsche!

jeager106

Premium Member
Ehhh, that's not quite true. If we're going by the origin of the word "Hel", then Sheol is a perfectly reasonable substitute, and for the New Testament, "Hades" is equally applicable. But in so far as the lake of fire stuff, that's Gehenna, which was a literal lake of fire that happened to actually exist as a pit where garbage was burned.

This is historically accurate. Jesus (according to Scripture) spoke of
"the lake of fire" which was the garbage dump where junk, dead animals, dead executed criminals were tossed and sulfur kept
the fires burning 24/7 to consume the trash.
I imagine the odor was significant and everyone in the area where Jesus preached would have known quite clearly what Jesus meant.
That was the trash heap that got morphed into hell, a place of
torment and destruction.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
As you said mixed scripture. I believe it have been changed a lot, that some words was translated wrong.

Translated as wrong or given a new meaning?
The Scriptures can be verified by the ancient manuscripts which support Bible canon.
When KJV translated the word Gehenna as hell or hellfire it was the false clergy teaching that put the flames in Gehenna.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit where things were destroyed forever.
Clergy put that false eternal fire in that garbage pit of Gehenna.
So, it is Not Scripture that has changed, but clergy teachings that twist and change.
Scripture teaches eternal destruction, Not eternal burning - Psalms 92:7; 2 Peter 3:9 B

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Bible have been changed every time by people. Quran never changed for more than 1400 years and till now. Which one is most likely to be believed?

Bible meanings have been changed by false clergy, but the Bible's ancient manuscripts which support Bible canon have Not changed.

Especially when the Jews began mixing with the Greeks they adopted false philosophies and theories mixing them with Scripture.
Out of that Christendom (so-called Christianity in name only ) was born.

Jesus forewarned us that many would come ' in his name ' but prove false - see Matthew chapter 7; Matthew 15:9; Mark 7:1-7
Notice Jesus' reasons for the many ' woes' he pronounced exposing the false religious leaders in Matthew chapter 23.
Gospel writer Luke also wrote forewarning about corrupted religious leaders at Acts of the Apostles 20:29-30
So, it is Not the Bible that has changed, but people wanting clergy to say what they want to hear - 2 Timothy 4:3