• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explain this logically christians....

Commoner

Headache
From my limited human perspective, I cannot fully grasp the concept of living in a state of perfection.

Pffff... :facepalm:

Obviously, yet you assume such a thing is possible. You know, you seem to be making a lot of assumptions and a lot of claims for someone of such a limited perspective.

Last edited:

Beta

Well then is church service, which is usually held on Sundays a violation since this would be considered a "work day" for preachers, priests etc?
Does anyone have instructions to keep sunday the 1st day of the week ' holy ' ???
They have no scripture for it - make your own conclusion ! :no:

Beta

God can be European whenever He wants to be.
The God of the Bible is the God of Israel.
He is the same yesterday , today and for ever.
He is God and not man - He is God and does not change.
But we should bear in mind that not all 'Israelites ' are jewish.
Israel/Jacob had 10 sons and not all were jewish. We can not assume they were European either. :help:

So where and who are ' the lost sheep of Israel ' ????
Since the 'Jews' are not lost scripture can not mean them.

Last edited:

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Pffff... :facepalm:

Obviously, yet you assume such a thing is possible. You know, you seem to be making a lot of assumptions and a lot of claims for someone of such a limited perspective.

The only thing I have "claimed" is what I believe. What I believe may or may not be true. I'm not forcing my beliefs on anyone, or even necessarily claiming that I am right. I'm just describing my faith.

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

2 Corinthians 4:18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
What matters is whether you believe in it or not. ;)

What should matter to you and others is that I live my life responsibly and that I treat others as I would like to be treated myself. My spiritual life and my personal beliefs support those endeavors. It's all good.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
What matters is that I live my life responsibly and that I treat others as I would like to be treated myself.

blurb_facepalm2_20090622.jpg

Seriously, i was talking about belief in paradise, and you completely sidetracked. Congratulations....

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
From my limited human perspective, I cannot fully grasp the concept of living in a state of perfection.
But you do acknowledge that whatever that state is, you'll either have free will or you won't, right?

Whether you have it or not, it creates problems for the argument that God allows suffering out of a desire to not impede free will.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Does anyone have instructions to keep sunday the 1st day of the week ' holy ' ???
They have services on Saturday too.
Also Saturday happens to be a day where the majority of people (at least in the US) are off work, so a "day of rest" ends up being a day where they do things like shopping, partying, working on the yard, etc. are norms. Are all these christian people in violation of keeping the sabbath day holy?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Do you have scripture telling you which scripture you should consider the one to follow?

Or scripture that says that all decisions have to be based on scripture?

Commoner

Headache
What should matter to you and others is that I live my life responsibly and that I treat others as I would like to be treated myself. My spiritual life and my personal beliefs support those endeavors. It's all good.

What you consider "responsible" will necessarily depend on your beliefs. Whether or not those beliefs are true therefore matters... a lot. Do you disagree?

Beta

They have services on Saturday too.
Also Saturday happens to be a day where the majority of people (at least in the US) are off work, so a "day of rest" ends up being a day where they do things like shopping, partying, working on the yard, etc. are norms. Are all these christian people in violation of keeping the sabbath day holy?
Yes all these ' christians ' are doing ' their own thing ' on GOD's sanctified and holy day. The bible is not just talking about a day of rest but attending a commanded assembly before the Lord Lev.23. These instructions were given well after the original requirement to rest. Perhaps all these devout christians don't read the Bible.

Beta

Do you have scripture telling you which scripture you should consider the one to follow?

Or scripture that says that all decisions have to be based on scripture?
Whichever way one tries to figure round it 2Tim.3v16 is quite clear it should all be considered. How about 2Cor.10v5 ? This should help sort out our doubts or ignorance :help:!

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Yes all these ' christians ' are doing ' their own thing ' on GOD's sanctified and holy day. The bible is not just talking about a day of rest but attending a commanded assembly before the Lord Lev.23. These instructions were given well after the original requirement to rest. Perhaps all these devout christians don't read the Bible.
So why do most christian churches hold mass on Sunday instead of Saturday?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Or perhaps they read the whole thing. Doesn't your Bible have Romans 14 and Colossians 2?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Whichever way one tries to figure round it 2Tim.3v16 is quite clear it should all be considered. How about 2Cor.10v5 ? This should help sort out our doubts or ignorance :help:!
What about them? They don't seem relevant.

waitasec

Veteran Member

how about...
1 thess 4:11 Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life....
had y'all done this i wouldn't be complaining about your hunger for control over my choices...

so what's the problem....faith isn't enough?