• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explaining Satanism to Christians.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I first would reconfirm that he acknowledges without the Bible there is no Satanism

Wrong.

Satan existed before the bible :facepalm:

which means Satanism is just a form of religious rebellion and he has nothing to worry about.

Very wrong, you'd be a fool to assume that fire is always on your side.

If he believes truly what the Bible states then he/she should have no issues with "the adversary of God" "the temper of mankind". "God is more powerful" I would hope they believe if they are truly devote. I have personally ventured deep into all that related "Evil" and satanic to include Lucifer ism, Occult Magic and blaa blaa blaa. I have gathered in those 2 years (of what I refer to as non sense) to be that it's not worth being scared about. The closest I have been to a demon was my previous boss. I just quit and got away from him. Tell your friend to do the same.:)

Somethings telling me this isn't sincere, if you truly wanted to know and understand these arts you wouldn't be calling them nonsense and you surely would be more educated on the history matter of the subject. But you lack that as well, unless you are willingly choosing to demean it, but then that would make your presence in this DIR against the rules, since this part of the forum is specific to what Satanism is, not what any One person thinks He is. There is a separate forum for that, its called Comparative Religion.

Last edited:

Space Ghost

Extraterrestrial
Wrong.

Satan existed before the bible :facepalm:

WOW! That's not even worth my time. Fortunately for me you are the second Hall Monitor to tel me what I am saying is not in reference to the OP...

Somethings telling me this isn't sincere, if you truly wanted to know and understand these arts you wouldn't be calling them nonsense and you surely would be more educated on the history matter of the subject. But you lack that as well, unless you are willingly choosing to demean it, but then that would make your presence in this DIR against the rules, since this part of the forum is specific to what Satanism is, not what any One person thinks He is. There is a separate forum for that, its called Comparative Religion.

The OP was in reference to helping a someone cope with a phobia of Satanism. My own 2 year experience in the arts was personal and the outcome of that experience was how I posted it. I was merely giving my point of view on how they should consult their friend.

I see now I am in the wrong forum community. Farewell and thanks.

Orias

Left Hand Path
WOW! That's not even worth my time. Fortunately for me you are the second Hall Monitor to tel me what I am saying is not in reference to the OP...

"Its not worth my time" is obviously code for, I can't back this up.

And no, I never said what you said is not in reference to the OP, merely that if you are going to provide a stance, you could provide a factual and beneficial One, instead of closing a door that you or others see as "nonsense".

The OP was in reference to helping a someone cope with a phobia of Satanism. My own 2 year experience in the arts was personal and the outcome of that experience was how I posted it. I was merely giving my point of view on how they should consult their friend.

No, the OP is about explaining Satanism to Christians, the scenario described was merely a guideline.

Simple, if your not a Satanist, then don't try and explain Satanism to someone. We have a hard enough time trying to straighten out all of the bs of "he said, she said", the last thing we need is another person saying "I was a Satanist for two years, but its really nonsense." You were never a Satanist, just a partially curious by-standard.

I see now I am in the wrong forum community. Farewell and thanks.

You have yourself to blame for lack of proper judgement and receptiveness.

Like I said, this is a LHP DIR and reading the thread and posts usually helps to make yourself not look like a fool.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
The only way to truly conquer your fears
is to face them.

Running to "Daddy" all the time
will never grow you up.

Orias

Left Hand Path
See, my question is, "why the coloured text?" To bring attention to yourself, to fill a gaping void in your life... or perhaps something else...?

Because I can.

Though I'm sure it would make you feel great if I said because I'm arrogant and possess more color to my personality than you do, besides asinine and baseless remarks designed to try and make oneself seem more superior than the other.

Now you know what happens when you try to debase a Satanist ;)

Nice try though.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Because I can.

Though I'm sure it would make you feel great if I said because I'm arrogant and possess more color to my personality than you do, besides asinine and baseless remarks designed to try and make oneself seem more superior than the other.

Nice try though.

I would never doubt that a Satanist has more color to their soul than a Christian...

Bob Dixon

>implying
Because I can.

Nice try though.

Hey, relax.
I was just kidding around, no need to get defensive.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Hey, relax.
I was just kidding around, no need to get defensive.

You sure did go out of your way to make a useless post, unless there is some type of spell behind the 6 blue e's and 1 red e.

Am I explaining anything to you, otherwise I think this conversation should end.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Why would you associate Rand and Nietzsche with Satanism? They were Humanists.

It is bewildering to me when some folks offer up an opinion about something when in there statements they prove how little they truly know about the subject they are talking about. Most LaVeyan Satanists are indeed "athiestic humanists". One would know this if they have read anything written by Anton LaVey or the current High Priest of the Church of Satan Peter H. Gilmore - i.e., "The Satanic Scriptures". I would also venture to say that Rand and Nietzsche were themselves defacto Satanists.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

etherealascension

Secular Buddhist Humanist
If you're friend is close-minded, good luck. I went through my Laveyan Satanist phase (kept some of the Ayn Rand-ish ideals) and it really seperated me from some people. People I thought were my friends were suddenly calling me. "That creepy kid who worships the devil". Ignorance has a hold on the masses because they fear anything different.

If you want him to listen, he's gonna need to be spoonfed, because no willingly ignorant person is going to suddenly get interested. Next time he goes on one of his tirades, counter everything he says that is incorrect with fact and explain to him why some people go the other way. I did it because the ideals embodied in the Satanist Bible are the purest form of human instinct and it's based on reason. I didn't get caught up in the magicks, but there's no harm in doing so.

Satanists are portrayed as bloodthirsty, baby killing, devil worshippers and it simply isn't so.

etherealascension

Why would you associate Rand and Nietzsche with Satanism? They were Humanists.

Laveyan Satanism, to me, is very closely related to humanism, but Satanism focuses more on the self instead of the group, which in all fairness, both Nietzsche and Rand did. Laveyan Satanism wasn't around in Nietzsche's time, otherwise I guarantee he'd be a member of the church. Not so sure about Rand, but Lavey and her definitely share some key ideas.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Laveyan Satanism, to me, is very closely related to humanism, but Satanism focuses more on the self instead of the group, which in all fairness, both Nietzsche and Rand did.

Very good etherealascension, contemporary Satanism i.e. LaVeyan Satanism is a very Self-ish oriented philosophy of life. I was a LaVeyan Satanist for about 3 or 4 years early in my life until I began to gravitate towards Setian LHP philosophy and Magic - the Satanic Indulgence and gratification of the ego simply is not enough. Now days I always default to the Setian Xeper= "I Am Come Into Being"/Self Ascension, and the freedom/liberty of the individual human mind and will.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Orias

Left Hand Path
It is bewildering to me when some folks offer up an opinion about something when in there statements they prove how little they truly know about the subject they are talking about. Most LaVeyan Satanists are indeed "athiestic humanists". One would know this if they have read anything written by Anton LaVey or the current High Priest of the Church of Satan Peter H. Gilmore - i.e., "The Satanic Scriptures". I would also venture to say that Rand and Nietzsche were themselves defacto Satanists.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Good post Adramalek, some people don't care to acknowledge such things however *cough*cough*.

Orias

Left Hand Path

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Did I mention this was a good post?

etherealascension

I actually tried the whole non-theism perk once, but in the end people still try labeling you an atheist.

There was a debate thread that got pretty heated over whether or not atheism was synonymous with atheism, and well you can guess where it went from there.

And Buddhism is similar to Satanism is some aspects, though in the end I find that Satanism is a bit more harsh, considering the "do unto others" part, since Buddhist tend to stray along the path, "Do unto others as have done unto you", whereas Satanists tend to stick to "Do unto others as they do unto you".

Both can be hard to follow, considering how efficient people are at communicating.

There was a bit of a misunderstanding here, but Satanism is generally viewed to be something its not, and is even taught to be so certain teachers. It really all depends on how much they like or dislike the idea of it.

Did somebody say BUDDHIST?! Buddhism and Satanism are very similar. The difference I think is key is that Satanism is "active" and Buddhism is "passive". Satanism dicates that you actively do unto others as they do unto you, as shown in Lavey's laws of Satanism which involve disposing of those who are a nuisance to you.

Buddhism has you passively ignore the negativity around you.

That's the way I look at it, anyway.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Did somebody say BUDDHIST?! Buddhism and Satanism are very similar. The difference I think is key is that Satanism is "active" and Buddhism is "passive". Satanism dicates that you actively do unto others as they do unto you, as shown in Lavey's laws of Satanism which involve disposing of those who are a nuisance to you.

Buddhism has you passively ignore the negativity around you.

That's the way I look at it, anyway.

I agree, but the two lead to similar enlightenment, though I do think that its harder to achieve on the Buddhist side, since there are so many obstacles that are avoided instead of overcome.