• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explaining Satanism to Christians.

pwfaith

No problem at all :)

It's true that many (but not all) the values in The Satanic Bible are in direct opposition to Christian values... Hell it's called Satanism for a reason! I can certainly understand why if you believe in Satan, it's easy to see his influence at work. Whether you consider this a good thing or a bad thing is possibly one of the deciding factors in whether or not you're a Satanist at heart ;)

As you look through the two links, you'll probably notice some similarities to LaVeyan Satanism, but probably more similarities to certain forms of Paganism.

Anyway, I'll leave you to have a read through the links and like I say, feel free to ask any questions.

Bolded - LOL very true! :p

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Satanism is about developing and crystallizing the self/ego/individual personality.
Buddhism is about dissolving the self/ego/individual personality.

Good analogy Jacksnyte of the differences between the LHP and RHP. Practicioners of the LHP celebrate the Selfs distinctiveness and seperateness from rest of the Order of the Cosmos, whereas, followers of the RHP seek to submerge the Self with or return to a state of oneness with the Cosmic Order. Which from a LHP point of view is a futile effort as the individual Self/psyche is a non-natural Element distinct and seperate from the natural order of things.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

blackout

Violet.
How can someone tell which one they are?

One is the result of programming/following,
("have to")
and one is actual style/inclination of Self?
(want to)

Anyhow,
Black is always a "becoming" color. :flirt:

Style, is another issue entirely.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Anyhow,
Black is always a "becoming" color.

Black is the universal Color of the Prince of the Powers of Darkness. As it not only reflects the limitless potential of the individual Being and the Knowledge of the Black Flame, but also represents the colors of the Priesthood of Set (Temple of Set) and the Priesthood of Mendes (Church of Satan) which are Black and Silver. The Priesthood of Set III* medallion is a silver inverse pentagram against a circular black field, however, the five points of the pentagram do not touch the silver circle symbolizing the Powers of Darkness as an Element distinct and seperate from the Order of the Cosmos. The Priesthood of Mendes III* medallion is a silver inverse pentagram/Baphomet against a circular black field with silver Hebrew letters spelling out the name of Leviathan (LVTHN), the Eternal Serpent of the Abyss, at each point of the pentagram from the bottom angle, going counter clockwise.

(As a side note: the LHP Pentagram is shown inverse that creation and change may be exalted above stasis and rest.)

May the Black Fire of the Lord of Darkness burn eternal!
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
But the question was how do know which one it is that's driving you?

I think it is a combination of both. What drives one to Xeper, to Initiate the Self/psyche? From my own personal experience it is that inherent driving ambition which fuels the Need, the Desire/Will to expand the horizons of ones own personal quest for Self-Ascension. That which is known by some as the Quest for the Infernal Graal.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

NeedingGnosisNow

super-human
i understand that most satanist are not satan worshipers because they do not believe in satan. worshiping the real satan or any other demons make no sense to me. why would you worship a deity that is weaker than most humans? sure they can tempt people and influence them but thats it. only the willing (or the very weak) can be possessed by them. i guess demons could be used as tools but thats about it.

Erebus

i understand that most satanist are not satan worshipers because they do not believe in satan. worshiping the real satan or any other demons make no sense to me. why would you worship a deity that is weaker than most humans? sure they can tempt people and influence them but thats it. only the willing (or the very weak) can be possessed by them. i guess demons could be used as tools but thats about it.

Theistic Satanism: Diane Vera on today's new kinds of Satanists

This *

You have a lot of reading to do ;)

ScottySatan

most people who call themselves satanists worship him as a god. I don't think they would agree with your assessment.

Orias

Left Hand Path
i understand that most satanist are not satan worshipers because they do not believe in satan.

Let me clarify, Satanists worship nothing, since the practice is essentially autotheism, which Satan basically was. I believe Satan is very real, not the figure you see, or the tales of Christian lore, but the very symbology of its original explication from the Hebrew translation,"Ha-Satan", or "Opposition".

worshiping the real satan or any other demons make no sense to me.

To understand the magic is not necessarily to worship, but to invoke upon.

why would you worship a deity that is weaker than most humans?

Because humans think they are stronger than the riddles they bestow upon themselves. Awareness is key here, don't think of some supernatural force, but the way the universe and the planets themselves behave.

This is in my personal opinion, a perfect description of what Satan means to me, the only evil it beholds, is the key to unknowing.

sure they can tempt people and influence them but thats it. only the willing (or the very weak) can be possessed by them.

All beggars have a throne, its more of a matter of willing to become strong.

Those who do not will, do not become strong.

i guess demons could be used as tools but thats about it.

I would be more likely to guess words can be used as tools.

Demons are just a part of that.

ScottySatan

Um, no, only certain denominations of Satanism worship him as a god. The majority do not.

You might be right, let me rephrase: A large majority self-described Satanists that I've met in real life (I've met a lot) are not members of any church or denomination, and they worship the devil.

It's pretty disappointing. It's put me off seeking out other Satanists on my own for now. But even they know better than what Mr NeedingGnosisNow was talking about.

Erebus

You might be right, let me rephrase: A large majority self-described Satanists that I've met in real life (I've met a lot) are not members of any church or denomination, and they worship the devil.

It's pretty disappointing. It's put me off seeking out other Satanists on my own for now. But even they know better than what Mr NeedingGnosisNow was talking about.

I think this might be largely to do with where you live. I've spoken to a fair few LaVeyan Satanists online and the majority were American. In England I've only encountered a couple of "Slaytanists". You know, the people who get their religious beliefs from heavy metal lyrics? ;)

Though it's not the same as meeting somebody in person it might be worth you having a look at the 600club if you haven't already done so. I don't post there myself, but from having a flick through it seems to be predominantly LaVeyan.

ScottySatan

I think this might be largely to do with where you live. I've spoken to a fair few LaVeyan Satanists online and the majority were American. In England I've only encountered a couple of "Slaytanists". You know, the people who get their religious beliefs from heavy metal lyrics? ;)

Though it's not the same as meeting somebody in person it might be worth you having a look at the 600club if you haven't already done so. I don't post there myself, but from having a flick through it seems to be predominantly LaVeyan.

Yeah, it's possible.

I was on the 600 club for a few years. I hardly go there anymore because one, they're just too angry. And two, LaVeyans don't really have much to talk about, the religion is so succinct. I'm still friends with some of the people there. The 600 club is not representative of what Satanists are like either, because any theistic Satanist is banned immediately.

Last edited: