• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explaining Satanism to Christians.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I was on the 600 club for a few years. I hardly go there anymore because one, they're just too angry. And two, LaVeyans don't really have much to talk about, the religion is so succinct. I'm still friends with some of the people there. The 600 club is not representative of what Satanists are like either, because any theistic Satanist is banned immediately.

Yeah, I know what you mean ScottySatan. I was a member of the 600 Club a few years ago, but as soon as I started talking about ritual Black Magic such as composing your own rites, as Magic is such an individual and personal experience, and especially when I suggested the possibility of the Prince of Darkness as a reality, I was immediately "black listed" by most members and basically forced out. A lot of them were more narrow minded than most christians I know.

If I were to discribe the mentality of most of the 600 Club members I could sum it up with two words - angry and arrogant. Hell, the moderators' avatar when I joined was a photo of himself pointing a gun at you. :sarcastic Also, most of the 600 clubers that I encountered were not in possession of the brightest intellects, however, to be fare, there were a few who did show some potential.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Um, no, only certain denominations of Satanism worship him as a god. The majority do not.

Personally, I've never been quite fond of the term "denomination" when it comes to identifying differing sects of LHP philosophy and magic. "Demonination", at least to me, is more of a christian term. Just one Black Magicians opinion though.;)

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Jacksnyte

Reverend
Personally, I've never been quite fond of the term "denomination" when it comes to identifying differing sects of LHP philosophy and magic. "Demonination", at least to me, is more of a christian term. Just one Black Magicians opinion though.;)

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

I find it leads christians to think of it in different terms. The word sect tends to make them think of "evil cults" in my experience.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Yeah, I know what you mean ScottySatan. I was a member of the 600 Club a few years ago, but as soon as I started talking about ritual Black Magic such as composing your own rites, as Magic is such an individual and personal experience, and especially when I suggested the possibility of the Prince of Darkness as a reality, I was immediately "black listed" by most members and basically forced out. A lot of them were more narrow minded than most christians I know.

If I were to discribe the mentality of most of the 600 Club members I could sum it up with two words - angry and arrogant. Hell, the moderators' avatar when I joined was a photo of himself pointing a gun at you. :sarcastic Also, most of the 600 clubers that I encountered were not in possession of the brightest intellects, however, to be fare, there were a few who did show some potential.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

I've been waiting a year for them to accept my registration, and I have read through a good sum of posts and I have to agree, they all seem to stick up for each other and bash the few who take an opposite side.

Personally, I think LaVey might have been a bit disappointed at this discovery. But this behavior is common among us social animals who cannot concede on certain issues concerning the heart.

ScottySatan

They'll only make the effort to remove you if they want to intervene to make you go away.

I learned an awful lot from about 20 or so people there who have my respect.

Another reason why I don't go there much is that I'm looking for people who DO SOMETHING. The FCoS, affiliated with the 600 club, is good for that if you're in San Francisco, but they're really just a local organisation. None of the Satanic forums do anything. I'm not content with internet chit chat for long.

Last edited:

NeedingGnosisNow

super-human
well cant you practice magic without being a "satanist"? wiccans and druids do it. i love Gnosticism even though i'm still kind of new to it, but i'm pretty sure magic is not an uncommon practice. why the LHP?

Orias

Left Hand Path
Black magic differs greatly from that of the other spiritual gatherings, very greatly.

ScottySatan

I want to know why someone would worship Satan. Christians, including myself, hate Satan, so we do not understand these things.

Who tells people this stuff? I'm convinced that the majority of Satanists that do worship biblesatan only do so because they have the same common misconception that the christians do. But who's telling them that this stuff is going on? It wasn't me. Was it your clergyman?

Requia

There was a huge paranoid *********/conspiracy theory in the 80s about nazi satanic cultists who played D&D and abused children, I find a *lot* of people still believe the general idea, even if the specifics have mostly been discredited outside the deeply fundamentalist groups.

ScottySatan

There was a huge paranoid *********/conspiracy theory in the 80s about nazi satanic cultists who played D&D and abused children, I find a *lot* of people still believe the general idea, even if the specifics have mostly been discredited outside the deeply fundamentalist groups.

In that light, fundamentalist is not the right word to use. There is no literal or fundamental interpretation of any major Satanic text that even hints at Nazi-ism, abuse of children and animals, murder, rape, or any violent crime; they clearly condemn it.

A Satanic Fundamentalist avoids crime like the plague.

Last edited:

Jacksnyte

Reverend
In that light, fundamentalist is not the right word to use. There is no literal or fundamental interpretation of any major Satanic text that even hints at Nazi-ism, abuse of children and animals, murder, rape, or any violent crime; they clearly condemn it.

Well, I guess this holds true for most, however, have you ever heard of the Order of the Nine Angles?

Requia

Fundamentalist Christian.

6Michael6Bennett6

At The Left Hand Ov God
I've been waiting a year for them to accept my registration, and I have read through a good sum of posts and I have to agree, they all seem to stick up for each other and bash the few who take an opposite side.
They STILL haven't accepted you!? I remember private messaging you last year about it! As far as the people there...you do have to be apart of the select few that agree with them or you will be swiftly targeted and most likely banned.

ScottySatan

Well, I guess this holds true for most, however, have you ever heard of the Order of the Nine Angles?

Sure, everyone has. I know one person who knows a bit about them. It's pretty clear that >99% of the stuff written about them is BS.

It was a handful of people who were together very briefly. Advocating murder is where they stopped being Satanists according to every canon but their own.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I first heard of the Order of the Nine Angles a couple of years ago. But what sticks out most in my mind about them was that they advocated actual human sacrifice. It could have only been a rumor, but that is something I simply cannot advocate... unless it takes the form of a Black Magical death curse. After all it's kind of hard to Xeper in prison.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Jacksnyte

Reverend
I first heard of the Order of the Nine Angles a couple of years ago. But what sticks out most in my mind about them was that they advocated actual human sacrifice. It could have only been a rumor, but that is something I simply cannot advocate... unless it takes the form of a Black Magical death curse. After all it's kind of hard to Xeper in prison.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\
If you read their Black Book of Satan, you will find ritual sacrifice, Naziism, and the encouragement of all sorts of criminal activities.

jasonwill2

thread hop:

You don't explain it to the *******, they won't listen and will keep spreading their lies. They are liars and hypocrites. They talk about not spreading false witness against their neighbor but make up **** like the SRA scare.

Or at least a good bit' of them are like that. Generally for it me it goes into them trying to argue that I'm a "devil worshiper" and that it doesn't make sense that people can be Satanists but not believe that Satan really exists. I personally think that Satan does exist, but not in the way that they do. This further confuses them because they cannot comprehend how Satan could be anything but what it is shown as in their stupid bible that is comparable to fox news.

Some will listen and be objective, but most of those kinds of Christians are pretty liberal anyway. idk im REALLY generalizing is all right now. im tired.