• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fifty-eight Percent of Americans Favorable to Palin

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Dalllas,

Buy some flourescent lights, no one should be paying 500 bucks a month for electricity, my electric bill is 30 dollars a month.

Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs : ENERGY STAR

I make 8 bucks an hour with about 25 hours overtime and my wife doesn't work. I ride a bullet bike to work to save money on gas, insurance, car payment, repairs, etc. and park my car in the driveway. I haven't driven it in 3 years and don't ever care to again.

I have plenty of money in the bank, I pay tithes and offerings to the LDS church and DO NOT LACK.

I do what I need to do to get ahead of my bills and have money in the bank.

Thanks for the tips..

I agree about the lighbulbs I should try those..But electicity to keep a house cool in my area isnt 30 bucks a month...Even in the dead of winter our electicity is about 120.00....and like I said its an 1800 square foot house..And we have gas heat,water and even my stove is gas...

Also my husband can NOT ride a bike to "work"..We have an onsite computer repair service..Like "Computer Geeks" but just him...In the Dallas area....He may have to travel 20 miles in one direction..and then 30 in the opposite..and then 15 in the other to get to 3 seperate jobs in one day...He cant be riding a bike down central expessway or 635 and LBJ....I dont know why he should have to ride a bicycle as many as 75 miles a day with computer equipment in tow?? What should he tug a wheel barrow behind him??/

I dont drive..I may put 10 miles a week on my care..No lie...

Love

Dallas

FFH

Veteran Member
You may be the epitomy of health, but what happens when you get smeared by an uninsured motorist while you're riding your bullet bike.
This is where the "bird" scripture comes into play, which Dallas was mocking earlier.

I was already hit once and was out of work for a year. He had insurance, but if he hadn't, I still had about two years worth of money in the bank to live on. I always try and keep a two year supply of money in the bank to live on.

Keeping a two year supply of food won't pay my rent.

I've been out of work several times, thank God I had money in the bank to sustain my wife and I.

Now we have plenty of money and could live for 16 years on what we now have and still live the same way we are living.

God has taken care of us, but not without obeying his commands to pay tithes and offerings.

"How much more will your Father in Heaven provide for you if ye are not of little faith ???"

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
YOU said YOU have NO need for HEALTH insurance...????...Just wait till one of your kids comes down with phuemonia and has to be hosptialized for 2 days....Or you get a kidney stone ...(and these are minor things)...

My son was at school...Picked up a desk to move it..turned the wrong way..BOOM 2,500..he tore some carteledge in his knee..had to have laproscopic surgery..$2,500 was our DEDUCTABLE!!..the total cost for his injury was $13,000 Buckaroos...And like you we had "no need for it"....

Love

Dallas

Kcnorwood

So about half of the U.S. doesn't want to have a God fearing Christian in the White House.

I'm all for Palin cleaning house, the White House.

What makes you think that shes not a Christian? Have you talked to her?

Watchmen

Premium Member
This is where the "bird" scripture comes into play, which Dallas was mocking earlier.

I was already hit once and was out of work for a year. He had insurance, but if he hadn't, I still had about two years worth of money in the bank to live on. I always try and keep a two year supply of money in the bank to live on.

I've been out of work several times, thank God I had money in the bank to sustain my wife and I.

Now we have plenty of money and could live for 16 years on what we now have and still live the same way we are living.

God has taken care of us, but not without obeying his commands to pay tithes and offerings.

"How much more will your Father in Heaven provide for you if ye are not of little faith ???"

That's the past and I'm talking about the future. What if you get hit and you become completely incapacitated?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

You can live 16 years if nothing happens..But if your wife develops breast cancer you will be broke in a year...Honest hard working people are going into bankrupsy every single day over medical...and its NOT because they did anything wrong ...

Love

Dallas

FFH

Veteran Member
Thanks for the tips..

I agree about the lighbulbs I should try those..But electicity to keep a house cool in my area isnt 30 bucks a month...Even in the dead of winter our electicity is about 120.00....and like I said its an 1800 square foot house..And we have gas heat,water and even my stove is gas...

Also my husband can NOT ride a bike to "work"..We have an onsite computer repair service..Like "Computer Geeks" but just him...In the Dallas area....He may have to travel 20 miles in one direction..and then 30 in the opposite..and then 15 in the other to get to 3 seperate jobs in one day...He cant be riding a bike down central expessway or 635 and LBJ....I dont know why he should have to ride a bicycle as many as 75 miles a day with computer equipment in tow?? What should he tug a wheel barrow behind him??/

I dont drive..I may put 10 miles a week on my care..No lie...

Love

Dallas
If he's using a car for business there is always a fee just to show up at someone's door, he should charge a flat fee just to ring the doorbell,

That's not what I was talking about though, we should save where possible.

We all can save in certain areas of our lives and work to get the things we need and want or go without.

FFH

Veteran Member
YOU said YOU have NO need for HEALTH insurance...????...Just wait till one of your kids comes down with phuemonia and has to be hosptialized for 2 days....Or you get a kidney stone ...(and these are minor things)...

My son was at school...Picked up a desk to move it..turned the wrong way..BOOM 2,500..he tore some carteledge in his knee..had to have laproscopic surgery..$2,500 was our DEDUCTABLE!!..the total cost for his injury was $13,000 Buckaroos...And like you we had "no need for it"....

Love

Dallas
I was out of work for a year with a bad injury, I had no insurance, but the other guy did, it was his fault, God literally takes care of me. I had enough to live on anyway and didn't go to a doctor but got a blessing for my injured foot and it's completely fine. I've also been injured at work and was out of work for a few months but work paid for it. I've been seriously injured twice and in both situations it was covered, WITHOUT having any personal insurance, GOD takes care of his own.

I've been through several work bancrupties, where the job I had was in danger of being lost, but at the last minute someone stepped in and took over the business saving my job, the same one I've had for 20 years, we're on our fourth owner now, the other three gave up, but we're still here, GOD takes care of his own.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
If he's using a car for business there is always a fee just to show up at someone's door, he should charge a flat fee just to ring the doorbell,

That's not what I was talking about though, we should save where possible.

We all can save in certain areas of our lives and work to get the things we need and want or go without.

You cant charge if people(customers) are struggling themselves man..Dont you understand?And he does have a "minimum"..So what should we do? Raise our minimum? And if so WHY?? Because gas prices are out of control?..Dont you see the trickle and the ripple?

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
That's the past and I'm talking about the future. What if you get hit and you become completely incapacitated?
It won't happen, GOD takes care of his own, I'm living proof of that. God knows what we are capable of paying for, if we can't pay for insurance, he totally understands that and takes care of his own, PROVIDED we pay our tithes and offerings.

I've been out of work for a year, and several times before that for months at a time, I HAD NO INCOME, but had money in the bank to sustain my wife and I, even if I was out the rest of my life, I have traded stocks in the past and have kept my bills paid and could do that indefinitely, but not working makes one go a little bonkers.

I was unable to walk for a YEAR, I was laid up in bed for a YEAR. I still took care of my wife and the bills kept coming and they still got paid. GOD takes care of his own. It's weird but it works if you work it.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I was out of work for a year with a bad injury, I had no insurance, but the other guy did, it was his fault, God literally takes care of me. I had enough to live on anyway and didn't go to a doctor but got a blessing for my injured foot and it's completely fine. I've also been injured at work and was out for a few months but work paid for it. I've been seriously injured twice and in both situations it was covered, WITHOUT having any personal insurance, GOD takes care of his own.

Im glad your injured foot cured itself in only a year..My 16 year old son was crippled..litterally couldnt walk..and in agonizing pain...I suppose I should have withdrawn him from school and prayed...denied him the medical care he needed..and told him "God would heal him".....So I could save a buck..Screw the fact this injury wouldnt heal itself...a piece of cartelidge was loose floating around in his knee..and had wedged in between the bone and cap..and locked his leg...

Im "Gods own" ...and he expects me to use my brain ....

Love

Dallas

Theocan

It won't happen, GOD takes care of his own, I'm living proof of that. God knows what we are capable of paying for, if we can't pay for insurance, he totally understands that and takes care of his own, PROVIDED we pay our tithes and offerings.

I've been out for a year, even if I was out the rest of my life, I have traded stocks in the past and kept my bills paid.

I was unable to walk for a YEAR, I was laid up in bed for a YEAR. I still took care of my wife and the bills kept coming and they still got paid. GOD takes care of his own. It's weird but it works if you work it.

So we shouldn't help each other?

So everything all the nuns, charities, good caring people, was ultimately worthless because God would of did it?

HA!

FFH

Veteran Member
People have been telling me I need insurance for the last 20 years, I've ignored them. I've never in 20 years had to pay for a doctor or dentist bill, NEVER, God takes care of his own.

FFH

Veteran Member
Im glad your injured foot cured itself in only a year..My 16 year old son was crippled..litterally couldnt walk..and in agonizing pain...I suppose I should have withdrawn him from school and prayed...denied him the medical care he needed..and told him "God would heal him".....So I could save a buck..Screw the fact this injury wouldnt heal itself...a piece of cartelidge was loose floating around in his knee..and had wedged in between the bone and cap..and locked his leg...

Im "Gods own" ...and he expects me to use my brain ....

Love

Dallas
The bones in my foot were crushed, ligaments torn and the tissue smashed and dead, it freaked me out. I had the same injury a high school friend of mine had, only he lost his foot and leg to the knee. I kept thinking of him. I nearly lost my foot, the circulation was backed up and messed up to the knee, like my friends, I was panicking. I could not stand for a year because it would swell up and become absolutely numbe. It was swollen for a year, with very little circulation, it was all different colors, with grey mixed in. I couldn't look at it. I could have had metal pins surgically implanted, ligaments repaired, etc., I had that right because It was not my fault, HE HIT ME. I didn't have to ask God to fix it, but I did, simply because I didn't want metal pins in my foot or a doctor to tell me we have to amputate. I refused to have that diagnosis.

GOD fixed it. God takes care of his own when we ask in faith.

Sarah has that type of faith to fix our broken Federal Government, let her do it !!!

Mitt has that kind of faith and combined with action, he could bring our broken debt plagued Federal Government into the green again, but no, we'ld rather have Obama in the White House.

Maybe we need to go that route just so everyone can see that route WILL NOT work, only a God fearing Christian, who prays, pays tithes and offerings, fasts, etc. can bring us where we need to be financially.

God's ways work if you work it.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
The bones in my foot were crushed, ligaments torn and the tissue smashed, it freaked me out, I almost lost my foot. It was swollen for a year, with very little circulation, it was all different colors, with grey mixed in. I couldn't look at it. I could have had metal pins surgically implanted, ligaments repaired, etc., I had that right because It was not my fault, HE HIT ME. I didn't have to ask God to fix it, but I did, simply because I didn't want metal pins in my foot.

GOD fixed it. God takes care of his own when we ask in faith.

Sarah has that type of faith to fix our broken Federal Government, let her do it !!!

Mitt has that kind of faith and combined with action, he could bring our broken debt plagued Federal Government into the green again, but no, we'ld rather have Obama in the White House.

Maybe we need to go that route just so everyone can see that route WILL NOT work, only a God fearing Christian, who prays, pays tithes and offerings, fasts, etc. can bring us where we need to be financially.

God's ways work if you work it.

Well I'll tell you one thing you are one lucky guy...And pretty tough too..If I would have to have guessed I would say your foot was gan grene...

I wont gamble that way with my children..

But my hats off to you... :)

Love

Dallas

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Could you please explain this then ???
Yes, it's called lying.

I find it ironic that a Mormon is accusing a member of the United Church of Christ of not being Christian. Given the discrimination that you've faced, and continue to face, one would think you would know better.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

Also dont kid your self..."Sarah" would not lay up in a bed waiting for the Lord to fix her foot..Nor that of her children..I will bet my LIFE on it her behiny would be in the care of the top notch doctors and be treated with the most advanced medicine available if she recieved the kind of injury you describe...

Love

Dallas

FFH

Veteran Member
So we shouldn't help each other?

So everything all the nuns, charities, good caring people, was ultimately worthless because God would of did it?

HA!
While I was injured my neighbor gave us some food, I didn't really need it, but it made me feel like I was worth something to someone, other than my wife. It gave me strength to move on with my life, when I was feeling pretty down, because of my injury and lost work. It wasn't the food he gave us, but the thought behind it that really got to me. I began to realize that there are those who really do care for others.

I began to realize that God uses others to show his love for us.

Giving somthing to someone else gives them a sense of self worth that cannot be gained any other way for some people. I've given money to people here at work, when I really didn't want to, but then I began to see a change in them, a very quick change, when I gave them money, it's like a light went on inside them and they became more confident in themselves, just knowing that someone else was willing to sacrifice their hard earned money for them, even though it was really an insignificant amount.

We give to others to show Gods love in real world situations.

Last edited: