• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fifty-eight Percent of Americans Favorable to Palin

FFH

Veteran Member
Also dont kid your self..."Sarah" would not lay up in a bed waiting for the Lord to fix her foot..Nor that of her children..I will bet my LIFE on it her behiny would be in the care of the top notch doctors and be treated with the most advanced medicine available if she recieved the kind of injury you describe...

Love

Dallas
Really, I wanted my foot fixed like it was before, not mended, but restored, God did that. I don't know why, I just asked and he did it. All we have to do is ask, it took months of asking though, but he did it. If you bug him enough he'll do what you ask.

Many people are bugging God to fix our debt ridden, corrupt government, and God has prepared people to do that, Mitt and Sarah are examples of those who have committed their lives to God, their families and their country. They are truly selfless people, I wouldn't be willing to sacrifice my private life for a life in a 24 hour spotlight in any political or religious realm.

These are great inspiring people who can help. Let them help !!!

I couldn't fix my foot, I didn't have that ability, but God did, he made it, so I asked him to fix it. My foot is the same as it was before, with no doctor intervention.

We can fix our broken Federal Government with God's help. He won't fix what we can't fix ourselves or have destoyed all by ourselves.

I didn't mess up my foot, but even if I had, there is no doubt that God would show mercy to me a sinner and help me get back on my feet again.

BTW, I found this forum and started posting while I was layed up in bed so there was a reason for it.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
While I was injured my neighbor gave us some food, I didn't really need it, but it made me feel like I was worth something to someone, other than my wife. It gave me strength to move on with my life, when I was feeling pretty down, because of my injury and lost work. It wasn't the food he gave us, but the thought behind it that really got to me. I began to realize that there are those who really do care for others.

I began to realize that God uses others to show his love for us.

Giving somthing to someone else gives them a sense of self worth that cannot be gained any other way for some people. I've given money to people here at work, when I really didn't want to, but then I began to see a change in them, a very quick change, when I gave them money, it's like a light went on inside them and they became more confident in themselves, just knowing that someone else was willing to sacrifice their hard earned money for them, even though it was really an insignificant amount.

We give to others to show Gods love in real world situations.

Without others...there is nothing...We are the church..the body..Its in fact the whole kit and kaboodle...

Including the fact that someone else was "willing" to give you a job...

The fact is you work..and someone (a human) pays you for those services..that is how you can be so "secure" in the knowledge you can take care of your self for "16" years without working...

Love

Dallas

FFH

Veteran Member
Yes, it's called lying.

I find it ironic that a Mormon is accusing a member of the United Church of Christ of not being Christian. Given the discrimination that you've faced, and continue to face, one would think you would know better.
I'm asking someone to explain what's going on in that church article. It surely sounds like that particular church Obama attends has some "issues" they need to explain.

What are their beliefs ??? Everyone seems to just want to ignore this question.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I didn't mess up my foot, but even if I had, there is no doubt that God would show mercy to me a sinner and help me get back on my feet again.

Sure..you are favored somehow...Because children are born everyday that die a slow death of malnutirtion..and dehydration..and disease before they hit 1 year old..And they didnt "mess up" either...

Love

Dallas

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Did someone accuse someone of not being a Christian?

Chain of events:
So about half of the U.S. doesn't want to have a God fearing Christian in the White House.
You do know that Obama is a lifelong, devout Christian, right?
Could you please explain this then ???
Followed by an attack against Obama's old UCC church.

I'll let you decide whether not FFH is suggesting that Obama is not Christian.

Watchmen

Premium Member
It won't happen, GOD takes care of his own, I'm living proof of that. God knows what we are capable of paying for, if we can't pay for insurance, he totally understands that and takes care of his own, PROVIDED we pay our tithes and offerings.

There is no LDS doctrinal basis for your claim.

FFH

Veteran Member
Without others...there is nothing...We are the church..the body..Its in fact the whole kit and kaboodle...

Including the fact that someone else was "willing" to give you a job...

The fact is you work..and someone (a human) pays you for those services..that is how you can be so "secure" in the knowledge you can take care of your self for "16" years without working...

Love

Dallas
No, my wife had a rich uncle that died, :D so I can't take credit for all that money, most of it's hers, she manages it, in case I become unable to provide for her in the future. I've blown three years of my own hard earned money on the market, but I still have about two years worth of money from work that I've saved since then, so the other 14 years of money is from an inheritance, God takes care of his own.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
No, my wife had a rich uncle that died, :D so I can't take credit for all that money, most of it's hers, she manages it, in case I become unable to provide for her in the future. I've blown three years of my own hard earned money on the market, but I still have about two years worth of money from work that I've saved since then, so the other 14 years of money is from an inheritance, God takes care of his own.

Scramble! :confused:

Come on baby...lets do the twist..

Love

Dallas

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I'm asking someone to explain what's going on in that church article. It surely sounds like that particular church Obama attends has some "issues" they need to explain.

What are their beliefs ??? Everyone seems to just want to ignore this question.
That church has a LOOOOONG history of community service in Chicago. They feed the hungry and cloth the naked. They were doing it before Obama ever heard of them, while he was a member, and will continue to do so after him. The United Church of Christ, of which that church is a congregation, is descended from the Congregationalists. Their lineage in this country is older than the country itself.

If you want us to "discuss" some allegation against them, then provide some evidence. Provide the church article in question. What we want to ignore is hateful, unsubstantiated character assassinations.

FFH

Veteran Member
There is no LDS doctrinal basis for your claim.
I am a living testimony of what God does for his own and I'm in no way perfect by any stretch of the imagination, I just pay tithes and offerings and God takes care of me, provided I do my part.

Even "birds" hunt for food, but God provides the food...

The money is there, we just have to manage it well, which is something the past administrations have not done.

Give Sarah and Mitt a chance to manage our tax money. They would make a great team !!!

Okay, I've said enough

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
FFH,

I'll ask you directly ...are you accusing Obama of not being a Christian..Or for that matter anyone who votes for him?

Love

Dallas

FFH

Veteran Member
That church has a LOOOOONG history of community service in Chicago. They feed the hungry and cloth the naked. They were doing it before Obama ever heard of them, while he was a member, and will continue to do so after him. The United Church of Christ, of which that church is a congregation, is descended from the Congregationalists. Their lineage in this country is older than the country itself.

If you want us to "discuss" some allegation against them, then provide some evidence. Provide the church article in question. What we want to ignore is hateful, unsubstantiated character assassinations.
Thank you for this response.

A thread needs to be started concerning this.

Who is Obama, he's still a mystery to me.

We need to learn about Obama's religion, just as much as we need to learn about McCain's, Sarah's, Mitt's, Liden's, etc.

I want to know more about the church Obama attends, so why doesn't someone start a thread about his home church or just the religion he's involved with, the United Church of Christ.

Who is Obama, he's still a mystery to me.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
It won't happen, GOD takes care of his own, I'm living proof of that. God knows what we are capable of paying for, if we can't pay for insurance, he totally understands that and takes care of his own, PROVIDED we pay our tithes and offerings.
Right, and when someone gets sick or loses his job, it's obviously because God doesn't love them any more. :rolleyes:

FFH

Veteran Member
FFH,

I'll ask you directly ...are you accusing Obama of not being a Christian..Or for that matter anyone who votes for him?

Love

Dallas
According to a revelation given directly from Christ to Saint Birgitta of Sweden in the 1300's, there are definitely "good" and "bad" Christians, those who never intend to do good, as Christians, and those who intend to do good, but are struggling currently.

The Parable of the Ten Talents is an illustration of that The Revelations of Saint Bridget (Birgitta) of Sweden

None of us are perfect, that's not the issue, the issue is, where is Obama's heart, only God can tell, I have no clue, I only want answers as to his beliefs.

He is a Christian, but are his "intentions" good, that is what Christ (God) only knows.

"By their fruits ye shall know them"

Is Obama bearing good fruit or is he making things worse ???

Only time will tell. If he becomes President, his actions will speak volumes as to his character. He seems like a nice enough guy, I don't know him well enough yet, and can we really know him like God knows him anyway ???

Pro-life and Pro-abortion issues seem to be the dividing line for me.

Okay really I've said enough for now.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Pro-life and Pro-abortion issues seem to be the dividing line for me.

Yes...for you...

The dividing line for me seems to be how to help the people born already..But thats just me..I've "said enough"...

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
there are definitely "good" and "bad" Christians, those who never intend to do good, as Christians, and those who intend to do good, but are struggling currently.

Oh and by the way...I could accuse you of being wichever one of these I so choose..

Love

Dallas

FFH

Veteran Member
NOOOO ...they didn't have enough faith..Like a "bird"..(or a rich dead uncle)

Love

Dallas
The bird works, he/she just doesn't fret about tomorrow, because there's really nothing we can do about tomorrow, we can only work today and hope for the best tomorrow. It takes faith to work for today and save for tomorrow.

We can walk on water if we have enough faith. In a real life situation we can get by without insurance if we need to, because of a lack of money, if we have enough faith in God that he will protect us physically from harm and disease. Some have that kind of faith, I've been ridiculed over and over and over for not having insurance. I don't care, I've saved a gazillion dollars by not having insurance. It takes faith to live that way. It may not be for everyone, but it's worked for me for the last 20 years. I don't have medical or dental problems and neither does my wife and she has plenty of money to pay for insurance or to pay for anything that needs fixing even if she wanted to, BUT WE DON'T NEED MEDICAL OR DENTAL WORK, so why pay for insurance ???. There were many years when we didn't have a money in the bank to live off of if we were injured or sick, but God took care of us. Many thought we were doing something illegal, because we had a nice car and a nice place and making very little money. I had an LDS member come up to me and say, "I hope you're not doing anything illegal".. That was in church too. She was pretty bold... I don't live in that area of Salt Lake anymore, I've moved where my neighbors actually are not jealous of me, but would rather give the shirt of their back for me if I needed it. They got the Chritianity thing down. How refreshing that is, they have tons of money, most of my neighbors.

Last edited: