• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fifty-eight Percent of Americans Favorable to Palin

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
The bird works, he/she just doesn't fret about tomorrow, because there's really nothing we can do about tomorrow, we can only work today and hope for the best tomorrow. It takes faith to work for today and save for tomorrow.

We can walk on water if we have enough faith. In a real life situration we can get by without insurance if we have enough faith in God that he will protect us physically from harm and disease. Some have that kind of faith, I've been ridiculed over and over and over for not having insurance. I don't care, I've saved a gazillion dollars by not having insurance. It takes faith to live that way. It may not be for everyone, but it's worked for me for the last 20 years. I don't have medical or dental problems and neither does my wife and she has plenty of money to pay for insurance or to pay for anything that needs fixing even if she wanted to, but it wasn't always that way, there were many years when we didn't have a money in the bank to live off of if we were injured or sick, but God took care of us. Many thought we were doing something illegal, because we had a nice car and a nice place and making very little money. I had an LDS member come up to me and say, "I hope you're not doing anything illegal".. That was in church too. She was pretty bold... I don't live in that area of Salt Lake anymore, I've moved where my neighbors actually are not jealous of me, but would rather give the shirt of their back for me if I needed it. They got the Chritianity thing down. How refreshing that is.

You are a "bird" who lucked out...Your faith isn't any stronger than someone else who didnt get the breaks you did...

I've been blessed too...But its not because of "my faith is stronger"...I just give thanks ...

Love

Dallas

FFH

Veteran Member
Oh and by the way...I could accuse you of being wichever one of these I so choose..

Love

Dallas
Christ said to his disciples, "none is good but God"....

So by that definition, none of us are good, but many of us have good intentions, we want to be good, at least the best that we can be in this life, given all it's temptations.

None of us are good. "All have sinned and come short of the glory of God", but there are those who will never change, who are content with being "bad".

I'm not content with being bad, I want to change.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
because there's really nothing we can do about tomorrow, we can only work today and hope for the best tomorrow. It takes faith to work for today and save for tomorrow.

YES there is something we can do...Many...many things...

Some is beyond are control...But much more than you would care to admit is something we in fact can do..

Love

Dallas

FFH

Veteran Member
You are a "bird" who lucked out...Your faith isn't any stronger than someone else who didnt get the breaks you did...

I've been blessed too...But its not because of "my faith is stronger"...I just give thanks ...

Love

Dallas
I just needed to get back to work, you're right, my faith was weak at the time. Through that experience though, it has definitely strengthened my faith and I resolved to move through this life from that point on, with no complaints, the best I could, with what was given to me.

Through that experience, not being able to use my foot, and another experience, where I was unable to use my right hand for about 3 months, it has taught me to appreciate what God has given me, two feet and two hands that work and allow me to obtain a living for me and my wife.

God made me aware of who I owe my life to and my ability to work and earn money. Without God I can do nothing, meaning he has given me my body, without it I could do nothing and he has taken the use of my hand and foot away from me for a time, to make me aware of my own dependence upon him for all that I have.

FFH

Veteran Member
YES there is something we can do...Many...many things...

Some is beyond are control...But much more than you would care to admit is something we in fact can do..

Love

Dallas
We can only work, "while it is called today". Birds understand that more than humans I think.

We cannot work to change our past or travel into the future, we can only work, "while it is called today".

"Tomorrow is promised to no man".

These are all Christ's words.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I want to know more about the church Obama attends, so why doesn't someone start a thread about his home church or just the religion he's involved with, the United Church of Christ.

Who is Obama, he's still a mystery to me.
:rolleyes: Honestly FFH, you do not want to follow this line of attack. It will backfire on you. Only the most conservative (and judgmental) Christians might say that the are UCC not Christian due to their relatively liberal views. But these same people still say that Mormons are not Christian.

If by chance you sincerely are curious about the UCC, it's easy enough to visit their website: United Church of Christ

Look, here's the website of Obama's old church: Trinity United Church of Christ

Okay really I've said enough for now.
I'd say you've said too much.

"Thou Shalt Not Bear False Witness Against Thy Neighbor."

I think I remember reading that somewhere...

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
The thing that urked me about this thread, which Sunstone has started, is that Christians are accused of being empty headed.

Christian equals no brains.

Sarah supporters equals no brains.

She's got more of a sense of what needs to be done more than anyone I've seen so far, besides Mitt.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
We can only work, "while it is called today". Birds understand that more than humans I think.

We cannot work to change our past or travel into the future, we can only work, "while it is called today".

"Tomorrow is promised to no man".

These are all Christ's words.

But today is yesterdays tomorrow...So there is a tomorrow..and its smack in your face..

There is no "start and finish" ...in time...it keeps on going..at least in my life it has..

Its "continuous"..

Love

Dallas

FFH

Veteran Member
:rolleyes: Honestly FFH, you do not want to follow this line of attack. It will backfire on you. Only the most conservative (and judgmental) Christians might say that the are UCC not Christian due to their relatively liberal views. But these same people still say that Mormons are not Christian.

If by chance you sincerely are curious about the UCC, it's easy enough to visit their website: United Church of Christ

Okay, great, thanks for the links...

Let's see what happens with Obama, more stuff will come up from his and Sarah's past that we don't know about.

I'm especially interested in his religious beliefs. I'm already very familiar with Assemblies of God beliefs, I REALLY identify with them, probably more so than aoy other religion, other than LDS of course.

I'm very unfamiliar with the United Church of Christ.

Is the Trinity United Church of Christ affiliated with the United Church of Christ or is it a radical branch of that denomination, similar to our own LDS radical branches, such as the Reorganized LDS church, now called the Community of Christ..

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

I ..IMHO think Lilithu would like you to explain your bias FFH...

Im curiious too...because UUC sounds like my kind of people to be honest..

Love

Dallas

FFH

Veteran Member

I can't stop typing...

"If your hand offends you cut it off" :eek:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Okay, great, thanks for the links...

Let's see what happens with Obama, more stuff will come up from his and Sarah's past that we don't know about.

I'm especially interested in his religious beliefs. I'm already very familiar with Assemblies of God beliefs, I REALLY identify with them, probably more so than aoy other religion, other than LDS of course.

I'm very unfamiliar with the United Church of Christ.

Is the Trinity United Church of Christ affiliated with the United Church of Christ or is it a radical branch of that denomination, similar to our own LDS radical branches, such as the Reorganized LDS church, now called the Community of Christ..

I thought you werent worried about tomorrow..Like Jesus said...

Love

Dallas

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
The thing that urked me about this thread, which Sunstone has started, is that Christians are accused of being empty headed.

Christian equals no brains.

Sarah supporters equals no brains.

She's got more of a sense of what needs to be done more than anyone I've seen so far, besides Mitt.
Actually, he only suggested that Sarah supporters have no brains. "Sarah supporter" does not equal all Christians. I know plenty of Christians who do not support her.

That said, I agree with you that the comment was unwarranted.

FFH

Veteran Member
I ..IMHO think Lilithu would like you to explain your bias FFH...

Im curiious too...because UUC sounds like my kind of people to be honest..

Love

Dallas
We all seem to identify with certain religions outside our own, which seem to reveal another dimmension about our religious life. I find it fascinating really.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
We all seem to identify with certain religions outside our own, which seem to reveal another dimmension about our religious life. I find it fascinating really.

Im glad you are entertained...I wish I could say the same about you.. :D YAWN!

Love

Dallas

FFH

Veteran Member
So for instance I would say, I am LDS with Pentacostal tendancies, which is why I identify with Sarah more than any other candidate.

She looks and acts LDS but is clearly Pentacostal, something Mitt and other LDS members are lacking, that being a good positive attitude towards God, which Pentacostal believers have.

Many LDS seem to be sour towards God.

Pentacostal believers celebrate God.

FFH

Veteran Member
Im glad you are entertained...I wish I could say the same about you.. :D YAWN!

Love

Dallas
Yeah, you got me pegged, I'm as boring as they come, except when I'm on a bullet bike or up in the mountains skiing. A computer and a keyboard don't do me justice.

I'ld rather be on a bullet bike or skiing. I don't ride that much anymore though, except to and from work, since I have a few tickets, one has just cleared after three years finally, YEAH !!!

I'm also a lot more skiddish after my bike accident. I'm a lot more cautious and not willing to take many risks.

Last edited: