• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fifty-eight Percent of Americans Favorable to Palin

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
So for instance I would say, I am LDS with Pentacostal tendancies, which is why I identify with Sarah more than any other candidate.

She looks and acts LDS but is clearly Pentacostal, something Mitt and other LDS members are lacking, that being a good positive attitude towards God, which Pentacostal believers have.

Many LDS seem to be sour towards God.

Pentacostal believers celebrate God.

I dont use that many labels..Im simple...

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Yeah, you got me pegged, I'm as boring as they come, except when I'm on a bullet bike or up in the mountains skiing. A computer and a keyboard don't do me justice.

I'ld rather be on a bullet bike or skiing.

Then live for "today"...What are you waiting for..there isnt a tomorrow..Remember?

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Oh and by the way?? You are extremely priveledged you get to read my words..hear me talk..this late at night...

It is rare..that I am up ...and interacting at almost 2:00 am in the morning..

So pay me homage..LOL!!

Love

Dallas

Reactions: FFH

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Is the Trinity United Church of Christ affiliated with the United Church of Christ or is it a radical branch of that denomination, similar to our own LDS radical branches, such as the Reorganized LDS church, now called the Community of Christ..
Trinity is a church, a congregation within the UCC. And frankly, it is the UCC's flagship church - its largest congregation. Is it radical? In some ways, yes. But every prophet is a radical. People only think that "radical" is bad when they disagree with it.

Below is a link to a defense of Trinity by Rev. Thomas, president of the UCC. If the president of the denomination is defending it, I think it's safe to say it's not a "rogue" congregation.

Thomas denounces smear campaign against UCC’s largest congregation

Reactions: FFH

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
We all seem to identify with certain religions outside our own, which seem to reveal another dimmension about our religious life. I find it fascinating really.
True. As a UU, I feel great solidarity with the United Church of Christ (which is why I take your attack personally), liberal Quakers, and progressive Catholics.

FFH

Veteran Member
Oh and by the way?? You are extremely priveledged you get to read my words..hear me talk..this late at night...

It is rare..that I am up ...and interacting at almost 2:00 am in the morning..

So pay me homage..LOL!!

Love

Dallas
Okay, sorry, I'm getting tired too, it's 1 am here, I gave you some frubals, you can sleep now. :eek:

FFH

Veteran Member
Trinity is a church, a congregation within the UCC. And frankly, it is the UCC's flagship church - its largest congregation. Is it radical? In some ways, yes. But every prophet is a radical. People only think that "radical" is bad when they disagree with it.

Below is a link to a defense of Trinity by Rev. Thomas, president of the UCC. If the president of the denomination is defending it, I think it's safe to say it's not a "rogue" congregation.

Thomas denounces smear campaign against UCC’s largest congregation
Okay, again thanks for the great links...

The frubals are in the mail.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
True. As a UU, I feel great solidarity with the United Church of Christ (which is why I take your attack personally), liberal Quakers, and progressive Catholics.
Ah, I see...

We all need to religiously identify ourselves so that we can better understand one another.

I still can't figure out Obama yet though, he's about as mysterious as McCain is to me. With Sarah, you know what she stands for, she's a straight talker it seems, I could be wrong.

You know where she stands on most issues and she's not afraid to speak her mind.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Really, I need to read over all those links this weekend, thanks Lilithu, sorry if I was not so pleasant earlier. I really don't know what to think of Obama yet, but I was beginning to form an opinion, but that may change. He's definitely more liberal than myself though. I'm probably as conservative as they come, even among my own LDS peers I'm considered too conservative.

Can anyone be too conservative ???

I won't make a hasty call about Obama until I've read more about his beliefs.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Can anyone be too conservative ???

Yes...IMHO opinion you(not you in specific) can be so conservative its considererd clinically insane.....

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Yes...IMHO opinion you(not you in specific) can be so conservative its considererd clinically insane.....

Love

Dallas
I see.

Radically conservative, that's me at times, my wife keeps me in check, she's a Democrat, but she's having a hard time with Obama, she's scared of him.

Are her fears warranted, that's what I want to know. I know what I'm getting with Sarah, but not with Obama OR McCain.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
500 electrial dollars divided by 30 days equals 16 divided by 24 hours equals .66 cents an hour, so you've just spent another 66 cents this last hour, which you could be saving.

Go to Home Depot or Lowes and change out all your lights and don't forget to put air in your tires !!! (big media joke about the Republicans way of conserving energy).

Lowe's® Home Improvement

They have packs of ten flourescent lights for less than 10 bucks now. They will save you money.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Sometimes radical conservatives, like myself, are that way because we're trying desperately to fight the radical liberalist voices in our heads. :D
That liberal voice in your head is called a conscience. :angel2:

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
It won't happen, GOD takes care of his own, I'm living proof of that. God knows what we are capable of paying for, if we can't pay for insurance, he totally understands that and takes care of his own, PROVIDED we pay our tithes and offerings.

... and THAT, my good friends, is faith.

FFH

Veteran Member
... and THAT, my good friends, is faith.
I probably pay the same amount in tithes and offerings as most pay for health insurance, which I refuse to pay for.

My health insurance, is/are my tithres and offerings payed to the one who can really offer me the best health insurance package, that being GOD, the one who is the ultimate health care provider, doctor and surgeon. I'm living proof of that.

I don't need any government health care provisions, God takes care of me and my wife. I don't need the government, the government needs me. I've paid into the federal and local government more than I'll ever benefit from.

Is this a fair statement ???

Republicans rely more on God and less on the government
Democrats rely more on the government and less on God

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Republicans rely more on God and less on the government
Democrats rely more on the government and less on God
God helps those who help themselves.

You do realize that there are Republicans who don't believe in God, right? I highly doubt they are relying more on God than govt. More likely they are relying more on themselves. And I'm not entirely certain that there aren't theist Republicans who are relying more on themselves as well.

As for Democrats (when Democrats are really being Democrat and not trying to be Republican-lite), yes, we rely on the govt. The govt is "of the people, by the people, and for the people." To say that we rely on govt is to say that we believe that we the people are stronger together than we are as individuals.

(Strangely, this is what McCain said during his speech too. Yet his stands on policies don't bear that out.)

Last edited: