• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fifty-eight Percent of Americans Favorable to Palin

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Work without prayer means nothing to God, it's all in vain.

So if you were starving..and someone fed you and you survived because of it ..That would be "in vain" if the person who helped you wasnt praying ???

Love

Dallas

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Work without prayer means nothing to God, it's all in vain.
Work done in service to others IS PRAYER.

Then the righteous will answer him, “Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?” And the king will answer them, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.”

- Matthew 25: 37-40

Last edited:
Christ will be the head and will lead a diverse nation and world, life will go on, the only difference is, wickedness will not be a part of this nation or world. All those who do wickedly will not be allowed to rule and reign with Christ on earth.

If Jesus would show up, chances are that he would be crucified again just to see if he would resurrect after three days. Needless to say, the cameras would be rolling all night...

FFH

Veteran Member
Work that feeds the hungry and heals the sick means far more than prayer and god who do nothing, and are in vain.
Okay, fair enough.

Our work becomes a prayer unto God. There's a scripture about that. I can't seem to find it right now though.

I work at a pizza place and feed the hungry. :D I give them great deals, that should count for something. :eek: Just kidding

I need to start a healing ministry thread. :eek:

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
FHH, you can't just pray and expect God to do the rest. We have to use our own hands, sweat, tears, etc. to accomplish anything.
I work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, I'm maxed out.

God fills in where I fall short. God heals, where doctor intervention is limited, God provides when we fall short. We can draw upon God where we fall short, at the point at which we can do nothing more.

I've worked 6 and days a week my whole adult life, and have worked since I was 12 years old at one job or another, now I'm working 7 days a week, just since January of this year, and can't attend church.

I pray when I need God to do something I can't do for myself. I have incredibly dibilitating alergies of all kinds. The other night I could not sleep due to a bad reaction to a certain food, I desperately needed to sleep. I called upon God to take this particular food allergic reaction away, and guess what, he immediately did, I was shocked, and I immediately was able to asleep and have not had any allergic reactions since that day a few days ago. He may have taken all my allergies away, who knows, we'll see, I've suffered my whole life with many allergies of all kinds, which I inherited from my mother and grandmother.. They may be totally gone now, I never thought to ask God to take them away.

"Ask and ye shall receive", especially if you bug him enough about whatever it is that you need.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
Work done in service to others IS PRAYER.

Then the righteous will answer him, “Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?” And the king will answer them, “Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.”

- Matthew 25: 37-40
I agree...

Okay, fair enough.

Our work becomes a prayer unto God. There's a scripture about that. I can't seem to find it right now though.

I work at a pizza place and feed the hungry. :D I give them great deals, that should count for something. :eek: Just kidding

I need to start a healing ministry thread. :eek:

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day;

teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime;

give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish. :D

WonderGoon

How many people actually read the constitution...

More than the Republican party is comfortable with.

The Constitution protects us from having ONE religious group of people governing this nation.

Incorrect. The Constitution protects us from ANY religious group of people governing this nation.

We are a nation of diverse religions, we should have people of diverse religions in government, provided those religions are peaceful religions.

No religion is peaceful. Exactly why separation of church and state is in place.

So religious influence should be a part of government, as long as those religions are peaceful religions.

Then all the Christians have to leave government service. Christianity is hardly a peaceful religion. Remember the Crusades?

We should never allow one religious group to dominate our political arenas.

But Christians do dominate our political arenas.

I think things are working out just fine for now, then Christ will step in later and be the head.

Wow. Just wow. :thud:

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
No religion is peaceful. Exactly why separation of church and state is in place.
Actually, the original intent of the wall of separation was to protect religion from govt. A religion that received support from the state would be more likely to be negatively influenced by govt. You have to remember that at the time when the Founding Fathers wrote the law, they were responding to the state-sponsored churches of Europe, where the church became a propaganda tool for govt.

Then all the Christians have to leave government service. Christianity is hardly a peaceful religion. Remember the Crusades?
:rolleyes: There have been millions of peaceful Christians throughout the centuries. The thing that causes violence such as the Crusades is people who condemn an entire group of people based on their religion.

gnomon

People have been telling me I need insurance for the last 20 years, I've ignored them. I've never in 20 years had to pay for a doctor or dentist bill, NEVER, God takes care of his own.

Including those who die horribly that our part of his own?

Didn't seem to do much for those at Huan's Hill. Why do some of God's people suffer from childhood disorders?

Just askin' since your claiming that by merely being a mormon, your version of God, has saved you from paying a dentist or doctor's bill in 20 years why it isn't the same for all the others.

Maybe FFH is an angel.