• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For Parents: If God Told You To...

BobbyisStrange

The Adversary
My position is that I doubt that either of us really knows what we would do in that unique (and highly unlikely) scenario.

Well, I can say you are wrong...I know with 100% certainty that if any god came to me and said sacrifice your child in my name or to me...I’d say no without hesitation.

My God would not command and then allow me to do anything that was against His perfect will. Just as He did not command and then allow Abraham to sacrifice Isaac.
Are you saying that you would prepare over days to perform this deed safe in the knowledge that your god would stay your hand at the last?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Are you saying that you would prepare over days to perform this deed safe in the knowledge that your god would stay your hand at the last?

I've already answered these questions as many times as I'm going to answer them, and at this point, the addendums are getting ridiculous. My gosh, the next thing you're going to ask me is what would I be wear to the altar.

I have gone into great detail explaining why I would not believe that God would ask me to sacrifice my child, so therefore if I thought God was saying that to me, I would assume the problem was within me and would therefore NOT take any action other than immediately booking an appointment with a psychiatrist. I have explained WHY I believe God had such an interaction with Abraham but I seriously and sincerely do not believe He would have such an interaction with me. I have explained why I believe Abraham acted as he did and why I believe I would act as I have stated.

I am not going to play the game "But what if it REALLY WAS GOD asking," because, as I've stated ad nauseum, it's not a conversation I believe would ever happen between me and God, in the 21st century. It's nonsensical.

And I've even humored you a bit, but I'm done with that too, at this point.

BobbyisStrange

The Adversary
It's because you're so fixated on setting up and defeating the opposing team that you don't realize that the game is golf.

I first said youre right, but now I must edit...I dont think anyone is dumb for believing in a creator or a God...I dont think less of them...however I will say I am right, that if you go to kill your child because your God told you so, no matter the outcome...you are a highly disturbed creature. God tells people in the bible to kill on command and they do so...a man kills his wife and says God told me to do it...the man gets no pass...However when asked if people would kill their child if their god told them to...people dance around the question.

People can also win in a round of golf...they just cant perfect the game.

Last edited:
God comes to me as the good (insert religion here) boy I am and says alright I want you to kill your child as a sacrifice to me. I say "rack off, your not my god". He says here I'll prove it and fly's me up above the earth and creates a huge hole in the Indian ocean. Then he says so now do you believe me? "Nah rack off" says I."I'm gonna send you to hell for eternity if you don't do as I say" he says. "whatever" says I "I aint killing my kid". Poof I'm back on deck and 30yrs later I kick the bucket. I fronts up for judgement day and who do I see, the geezer who wanted me to kill my kid. "Hello, hello" he says, "i've seen you before, your off to hell for defying me" With a laugh I say "stiff bicky's, dropkick".

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I am constantly amazed by people who obey authority, because it is authority. That's exactly how the holocaust came about. Amazing! :)
You're responding to a Jew and so, naturally, you seek to leverage the Holocaust.

Do you have the slightest idea how despicable and predictable that was?

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
You're responding to a Jew and so, naturally, you seek to leverage the Holocaust. Do you have the slightest idea how despicable and predictable that was?

Don't take it personally, Jay - People will trot out Hitler every time, as if he were a trick pony or something. I doubt they even thought of you being Jewish when they brought forth the Hitler visage.

HITLER HAS ARRIVED.

I knew it was just a matter of time.
It certainly is not me who would follow blindly anything I'm told. You really are a peach, you will willingly kill your child if your god tells you to, but only if it's your god and then you berate me for bringing up people who committed similar atrocities on orders from above. Amazing!

You're responding to a Jew and so, naturally, you seek to leverage the Holocaust.

Do you have the slightest idea how despicable and predictable that was?
I guess if it was predictable then you invited it on purpose? If I'm wrong then it could not have been predictable. Which side of the coin are you calling?