• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Frank's journal of whatever

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Just took my first hydroxyzine for anxiety. I don't think I've ever taken this medication before. I hope it doesn't make me fall asleep as I took it to get through my errands today.
They put Ares on that for awhile.

It was a wreck. It built up, and he got more and more psycho... I wound up having to take him to an ER. It was discontinued after that.

That affect isn't common, though.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
They put Ares on that for awhile.

It was a wreck. It built up, and he got more and more psycho... I wound up having to take him to an ER. It was discontinued after that.

That affect isn't common, though.
Wow. I'm wary of meds like this but I figured I need something for my anxiety that's been out of whack for a while now due to my circumstances. I don't want to take SSRIs and this doesn't seem as risky as those. My doctor put me on 25 mg. My sister is on it, too, but she takes a lot of it each day. I guess it works for her. She hasn't said anything bad about it.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Wow. I'm wary of meds like this but I figured I need something for my anxiety that's been out of whack for a while now due to my circumstances. I don't want to take SSRIs and this doesn't seem as risky as those. My doctor put me on 25 mg. My sister is on it, too, but she takes a lot of it each day. I guess it works for her. She hasn't said anything bad about it.
Most people I know that have taken it have had decent results.

Ares is kind of a wild card. Anything that makes him drowsy is going to go poorly. He isn't the type to just go with it and relax. He fights it(physically, he'll pick a target, usually me). And because he's tired, he makes poor decisions on top of that.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Most people I know that have taken it have had decent results.

Ares is kind of a wild card. Anything that makes him drowsy is going to go poorly. He isn't the type to just go with it and relax. He fights it(physically, he'll pick a target, usually me). And because he's tired, he makes poor decisions on top of that.
I see. So far it's just making me drowsy. But I doubt I'll be passing out. Lol

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I think this is too sedating for me. I never like that about anti-anxiety meds. It also makes me feel kind of stoned, is the best way I can put it. Lol. But I did donate plasma so I would be tired either way. It sucks.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I am so depressed, I can barely function. Nothing is getting done and I'm just alternating between anger, anxiety and numbness. It's been like that for days. I'm trying to motivate myself to donate plasma before they close in 2 hours, so I can eat for a few days, but I can't make it happen. I just want to go to back to bed. I don't want to go outside at all. I don't know what to do.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
Ever try art? Drawing, painting? It can be therapeutic.
I'm crap at that for the most part. Actually, I was thinking last night that I would like to practice at that. My thing is mostly writing, but my journal has been neglected for months. I keep forgetting to use it, thanks to the fog of depression.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I am so depressed, I can barely function. Nothing is getting done and I'm just alternating between anger, anxiety and numbness. It's been like that for days. I'm trying to motivate myself to donate plasma before they close in 2 hours, so I can eat for a few days, but I can't make it happen. I just want to go to back to bed. I don't want to go outside at all. I don't know what to do.
I have no solutions, but I am very sad to hear it...

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I'm crap at that for the most part. Actually, I was thinking last night that I would like to practice at that. My thing is mostly writing, but my journal has been neglected for months. I keep forgetting to use it, thanks to the fog of depression.
Well you could just doodle abstract shapes. Something simple. Squares circles, stuff like that. Whatever comes to mind. It wouldn’t be about if it’s good enough for a museum it would be about you and your therapeutic endeavors.:) Something to occupy your mind. color can be very stimulating.