• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George's Spiritual Journal

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
That's a very evocative poetic three lines.

Maybe I'm just reading in my own nature, but I sense a deeply felt prayer in the third line.
What isn't prayer at this point?

From the appreciation, the despair, the confusion, the curiosity...

The crying out to the trees, the communion with the grass, the sorrow for the ants...

Where are my Lords? Where are they not?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I notice I start this journal out with the Alley... it seems at some point, its become my guru.

In this liminal world, the spirits speak... the dandelion seed blowing across my book. Oh Vayu, you know exactly the language I speak...

Maa, I didn't have time to plant the seeds I wanted this year... so you made a fine plant of it grow up, right in the middle of the yard. You planned that, didn't you.

I linger in the spaces between the sane and the insane... The forgotten and the cherished.

When I am lost, you will still find me.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I notice I start this journal out with the Alley... it seems at some point, its become my guru.

In this liminal world, the spirits speak... the dandelion seed blowing across my book. Oh Vayu, you know exactly the language I speak...

Maa, I didn't have time to plant the seeds I wanted this year... so you made a fine plant of it grow up, right in the middle of the yard. You planned that, didn't you.

I linger in the spaces between the sane and the insane... The forgotten and the cherished.

When I am lost, you will still find me.

Beautiful

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
One gets a very liminal(and for me, sacred) feeling sitting here, being a part of it. Looking at rusted cars being taken over by climbing grasses, seeing the gravel of the alley taper and struggle to define where it begins and where yards end.

As the robins chirp and cars sound in the distance, it seems perfect as is.

This is the first I have seen this journal, and besides the other post I responded to, the only other post I've actually read.

But I did want to add that imo and experience, the liminal is the sacred. I have always been fascinated by borders and their sacredness.

My current favorite tarot deck is actually called the "Alley Man" set.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
This is the first I have seen his journal a d besides the other post I responded to the only one I've actually read.

But I did want to add that imo and experience, the liminal is the sacred. I have always been fascinated by borders and their sacredness.

My current favorite tarot deck is actually called the "Alley Man" set.
I've been pondering the liminal in the alley a lot lately... so much of my life is neither here nor there. So much of who I am is neither here nor there.
This house itself seems like some strange liminal hole...

I've had a few experiences with items disappearing into the attic. Tonight I had my first experience with an attic item appearing... under my chair.

Living in a place like this, its hard to shake that liminal feeling at times.
Heck, some of the best stuff life has to offer can be found in alleys.
I've certainly thought so. I can't argue with berries and cats. (Well, I could, but I prefer not to.)

Riders

I've been thinking for awhile about making this, and I guess today is the day.

I'll be using this space to reflect on random religious/spiritual thoughts/events/practices.

Feel free to comment or share your experiences, but this is by no means open for debate.

The Sacredness of the Alley

Warm weather is upon us again.

For most, this means fun activities, gardening, time outside. For me, it means the borders of my house vanish, and I get no say of where I go and what I do, and I'm simply led around by hyperactive kids.

Today, I found myself in the alley.

Its quiet; no people about at this hour. That will change in the evening, when the people working and living on various shifts will liven the place up. Yet, its teaming with life. Squirrels and birds take advantage of the peace, moving from tree to tree. People don't worry about the appearance of their backyards as much in this area; there are aging garages with various plants coming up; not usually things people planted(or in addition to them). Mulberry trees show buds, promising food for hungry fingers(and birds).

There's something different here; civilized, yet, not. Bits of garbage sit here and there(sometimes confined, sometimes not). Garages all show signs of having been tampered with at some point; hard to imagine it any other way in one of the oldest neighborhoods in the city. When midnight rolls around, young people will loudly clamor through, followed by clouds of smoke.

One gets a very liminal(and for me, sacred) feeling sitting here, being a part of it. Looking at rusted cars being taken over by climbing grasses, seeing the gravel of the alley taper and struggle to define where it begins and where yards end.

As the robins chirp and cars

sound in the distance, it seems perfect as is.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It all sounds spiritual I think nature is very spiritual.
I agree. That's often where its easiest to hear the Divine, in my opinion.

Not that it isn't present everywhere. Its just easier to let it slip past you sometimes...

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I wouldn't recommend that...

Then we'll both be lost in the alley.
Some have actual gurus. Some don't. But the wisest are those who find life to be a guru whether or not they have a human guru. Are the birds singing for joy, are bees gathering nectar, are flowers blooming? Everything can be a lesson to be noticed and to make a part of oneself.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Some have actual gurus. Some don't. But the wisest are those who find life to be a guru whether or not they have a human guru. Are the birds singing for joy, are bees gathering nectar, are flowers blooming? Everything can be a lesson to be noticed and to make a part of oneself.
I've had a few people I've looked up to or learned lessons from, but never had a guru.

My doctor told me I oughta find one, but I was never able to find anyone I had that kind of admiration and trust for. There's some wise souls out there, for sure. But I've never met anyone I'd 'follow'.

Secret Chief

Degrow!
I've had a few people I've looked up to or learned lessons from, but never had a guru.

My doctor told me I oughta find one, but I was never able to find anyone I had that kind of admiration and trust for. There's some wise souls out there, for sure. But I've never met anyone I'd 'follow'.
You stalk me...