• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George's Spiritual Journal

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'll give it a listen when I can be undisturbed. :)

The last time I had a dark night, Krishna came. After I hollered at him, of course. Because the powers that be think its funny to get me yelling... I think. I don't yell very much. (Unless its for show, but its not genuine.)

I first spelled that dark knight, and then realized that was incorrect, and deleted it. Hm.
Maybe you really need to have a good, healthy yell given what you have dealt with and Krishna knows it.

NB: During my psychology days I attended a group "primal-type" session where the instructors created an atmosphere that caused many of us to yell and weep uncontrollably. It was the first time in my life that I was really open to totally surrendering to crying. It was very therapeutic and the ability to cry has remained with me ever since.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe you really need to have a good, healthy yell given what you have dealt with and Krishna knows it.
That was awhile ago... Ten years, probably.

I once lost my temper and threw the chair I was sitting in against the wall. Maybe its time to throw a chair again, but I don't know where to toss it.
NB: During my psychology days I attended a group "primal-type" session where the instructors created an atmosphere that caused many of us to yell and weep uncontrollably. It was the first time in my life that I was really open to totally surrendering to crying. It was very therapeutic and the ability to cry has remained with me ever since.
I used to find fighting therapeutic(physical, for sport). I'd like to be able to do that one day again, but that may be awhile.

I'm glad you gained that ability. :)

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
My! exclaimed the Wart, while his eyes sparkled with excitement at the discovery. "I must have been on a Quest!" (From the Once and Future King by T.H. White)
Something tells me this'll ring true one day.

And it sure as hell explains my clothing choices.

Though I find people poke about general appearance less than they did 20 years ago, in the event I do get questions or comments, this will do fine. I will simply look at the person as if they're silly, and explain that I'm on a Quest.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Something tells me this'll ring true one day.

And it sure as hell explains my clothing choices.

Though I find people poke about general appearance less than they did 20 years ago, in the event I do get questions or comments, this will do fine. I will simply look at the person as if they're silly, and explain that I'm on a Quest.
Quests can be a lifetime of "fun".

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Its a hard thing, when you realize how little you actually matter.

Maybe, in some broad concept... maybe. I don't know. I don't pretend to.

It's a theme that keeps coming up this week... it doesn't matter how upset I am, I will have to put my feelings aside to deal with someone else's.

I hope something worthwhile comes of this one day.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Its a hard thing, when you realize how little you actually matter.

Maybe, in some broad concept... maybe. I don't know. I don't pretend to.

It's a theme that keeps coming up this week... it doesn't matter how upset I am, I will have to put my feelings aside to deal with someone else's.

I hope something worthwhile comes of this one day.
Someone once told me that being taken for granted was a compliment.

Almost 40 years later and still trying to figure out what the hell they were talking about.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Someone once told me that being taken for granted was a compliment.

Almost 40 years later and still trying to figure out what the hell they were talking about.
Maybe "you're doing your job so well, no one notices or cares!"

If that's the case, time to stop doing one's job.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Bet it would be nice to find out though huh?
I might go into shock.
I suspect that this is your true calling, and you're doing humanity a great disservice by ignoring it.
I contemplate it sometimes...

I'd probably save the chicken suit for the winter months, when its logical to wear one.

But the call to being a wandering eccentric is loud some days. Just wander, carry my staff, and sing. No reason, just walk and sing.

Maybe when the kids are grown. Though I could see Yudhi trailing along. He would love the attention.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
With your kids, I hope that with time your job becomes manageable with much less stress than currently. That would be worth celebrating.

I bet something would emerge.
It's probably a training ground of sorts...

For what, I'm a little fearful.

Am I actually going to have to take down a dragon or something?

I do have a sword... I bought it on eBay 15ish years ago. :D

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It's probably a training ground of sorts...
Life is a training ground. Your training in this life is the equivalent of climbing Mount Everest.
For what, I'm a little fearful.
Maybe in a few years helping others who are dealing with some of the same challenges? Or writing about it which people will find helpful? Or speaking about it in various arenas? Or maybe something completely different but still positive.
Am I actually going to have to take down a dragon or something?
Doing your best to help Ares deal with the "dragon" of his nature is what I would call dragon taming. That's MUCH harder than taking one down.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Life is a training ground. Your training in this life is the equivalent of climbing Mount Everest.
A shame I was never attracted to mountain climbing. (I cussed out the Blue Ridge Mountains once, but they ignored me.)
Maybe in a few years helping others who are dealing with some of the same challenges? Or writing about it which people will find helpful? Or speaking about it in various arenas? Or maybe something completely different but still positive.
I'm hoping its something different. After it taking up so much of my life, I'm stale with it.
Doing your best to help Ares deal with the "dragon" of his nature is what I would call dragon taming. That's MUCH harder than taking one down.
I think a dragon would take one look around here and run.