• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George's Spiritual Journal

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My doctor told me I oughta find one, but I was never able to find anyone I had that kind of admiration and trust for. There's some wise souls out there, for sure. But I've never met anyone I'd 'follow'.
Catching up after my trip, that's a key point. Given the number of frauds and misguided people who believe they're gurus, it's very trickly

I heard it said once that the teacher saw several people and remarked that they were students of his but not in this lifetime.

And in the group I'm a member of, I had to wait a decade because I was not ready - I had more living to do first.

I suspect it's even more complicated than that.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I was reading the other day, and the author of the book stated something akin to "my life took some wrong turns, so I put spirituality on the back burner".

I don't think this was the wrong approach; each journey is unique. But it got me thinking how askew my own spiritual journey has gone from my own hardships.

I used to fast at regular intervals, do pujas or rituals as appropriate. So much of this, so much of that...

And then **** just fell apart.

Fasting... that's what I do when I'm too busy to eat. Worship... that's what I do what nothing but the wind is holding me up.

There's no schedule, no formal observances. I wanted so much to have an organized religious path... The casual, intuitive was what I wanted to avoid.

And now its all I've got.

At some point, I had to make the choice to let my spirituality take a new form... Or let it die.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There's no schedule, no formal observances. I wanted so much to have an organized religious path... The casual, intuitive was what I wanted to avoid.

And now its all I've got.

At some point, I had to make the choice to let my spirituality take a new form... Or let it die.
You wrote that it's all you have, but what do you feel you've gained on the path life put you on?

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
You wrote that it's all you have, but what do you feel you've gained on the path life put you on?
I'm not sure yet.

All I know is that when I let go of the idea that this was temporary, and that 'getting back into it' was just around the corner, something changed.

Rather than the Divine being something far away, it came to me.

When I try to be formal, it fails. Always. When I am myself... I just might get a response.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm not sure yet.

All I know is that when I let go of the idea that this was temporary, and that 'getting back into it' was just around the corner, something changed.

Rather than the Divine being something far away, it came to me.

When I try to be formal, it fails. Always. When I am myself... I just might get a response.
My experience has been that when we give up what we want, we might just be doing what life is asking us to do.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Saw a snail outside today. Never seen one in a yard before. Perhaps it has a message for me:

Snail is associated with wisdom, slow progress, persistence, patience, peace, self-care, and harmony. It’s a gentle creature that carries its home wherever it goes. They also symbolize self-love and self-care above everything else, retreating into their shell at the first sign of danger. The softness of the snail’s body represents transience, while its spiral shell can be seen as a symbol for reincarnation. ( Snail Symbolism and Meaning (Totem, Spirit and Omens) - Animal Hype )

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Don't know what to tell you. I always see cartoons as soon as I close my eyes.
Afraid I don't get that channel...

It seems to rotate between drama and static. Prefer static.
Yes.

That would be redundant. My life is a cartoon.
Life was better as a cartoon...

As a teen, I had a cartoon life. I loved to draw, and that's pretty much what I used school for.

I was married, had kids... (A lot more reasonable than the lot I ended up with, too.)

My sister's friend overheard me talking about 'cartoon land', and told her mom that I was pregnant. Her mom contacted my mom. "Are you aware your eldest daughter is pregnant?" she asked.

My mom said yeah, she thinks this will be the 8th time.

The poor woman about fell over. Then my mom explained. She still wasn't impressed.

I could give pointers on that too.

I'm almost up to the point where someone couod drop an anvil on me and I'd be back in the next frame. :thumbsup:
I am tired of that scenario...