• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming

Koberstein

*Banned*
Nuclear fusion may not be feasible. I am not opposing future research, but until working plants can be built we need to concentrate on what does work. Solar and wind do work. Nuclear fission does work, though there is a very strong prejudice against it. Nuclear fission may be the "greenest" of all sources of energy since a single plant can generate huge amounts of energy. The waste is manageable. Though it may take the federal government to force certain areas to allow the storage of waste material. Or they could offer to pay various sites to store materials. Given enough money they could put it in my back yard.
Solar and wind do not work reliably. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Stay with what works in the Black New Deal. Oil, coal and natural gas. Trump will make that happen. Drill baby drill!

Koberstein

*Banned*
Lol. Your not much of anything. Don't give up your burger flipping job at McDonald's. Gosh a lot of left wing nutjobs on this site.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Lol. Your not much of anything. Don't give up your burger flipping job at McDonald's. Gosh a lot of left wing nutjobs on this site.
Can you explain to us how this sort of hostility and bad attitude towards others who think differently than you is a helpful and productive approach to conversation? If you are just here to troll, you will likely want to take yourself elsewhere.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Ever see those massive windmill fires? Talk about pollution and complete waste of the environment. Building those monstrosities that don't even last that long in the first place utilizes more fossil fuel than what it takes for it to make up for the cost to build and replace those things in the first place.

The Eco Nazis will never admit that.
Sure we will. Seeing as how I'm probably the sort you would classify as an "Eco Nazi" you can ask me anything you'd like about my thoughts on non-renewable and renewable energy. There are both pros and cons to every approach one could take on these issues.

Honestly, at the end of the day these issues will sort themselves out on their own as they must do. While it's unfortunate that the geological legacy of the human species is likely going to be the sixth mass extinction event and a pile of rubbish, it is what it is. This is probably one of my favorite environmental webcomics of all time because it is the brutally honest truth of the matter:

hilarious_mother_nature_illustration_640_high_02.jpg

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
No you obviously don't understand anything but left wing indoctrination and false narrative. Gosh I hope you don't have mommy issues.
I am more than happy to go over the science with you, but someone that thinks that spinning a marshmallow will reduce the heat that it takes in will probably not be able to understand.

Koberstein

*Banned*
Can you explain to us how this sort of hostility and bad attitude towards others who think differently than you is a helpful and productive approach to conversation? If you are just here to troll, you will likely want to take yourself elsewhere.
I can assure you I am not here trolling.
I probably have to.much chutzpah for my own good. As slim as a dollar is, it still has two sides. I don't have a bad attitude and I do not want hostility unless it comes looking for me. I enjoy engaging in substantial and compassionate conversation with others about biblical and non biblical subjects even when we don't agree. As a Messianic Jew, I am well aware of antisemitism that exists.
Remember conversation is a two way street.
I will try to be more careful with my words in the future.
Shabbat Shalom

Koberstein

*Banned*
I am more than happy to go over the science with you, but someone that thinks that spinning a marshmallow will reduce the heat that it takes in will probably not be able to understand.
Not necessary. My patents with Caterpillar and my engineering degrees will probably be more than suffice which some people might lose some brain cells trying to understand.
Shalom

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Nuclear fusion supposedly just made a breakthrough. Should only be a matter of time until that is implemented as a main source of power. No nuclear waste to deal with, and basically free energy.
Nuclear is the only alternative energy that I regard as being superior to fossil.

The rest is crap in comparison.

Last edited:

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
How do you think the first oil came about?

And where did i say anywhere it's infinite?

That's all you.
You said:
We will likely never run out of oil
Obviously we will

Eventually

You implied that oil reserves will last forever and obviously they won't

That would require them to be infinite

And they take many hundreds of millions of years to form so it's not as if stocks will replenish for us

Twilight Hue

You said:

Obviously we will

Eventually

And they take many hundreds of millions of years to form so it's not as if stocks will replenish for us
The earth regenerates its own oil.

Please educate yourself.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
The earth regenerates its own oil.

Please educate yourself.
I bet that human consumption would hugely exceed any regeneration

We are such greedy short-sighted slobs

It will eventually run out

Good thing too, I say

Twilight Hue

I bet that human consumption would hugely exceed any regeneration

We are such greedy short-sighted slobs

It will eventually run out

Good thing too, I say
Earth has been regenerating oil as long as decaying matter decays.

We may use up known reserves, but I'm sure there is still untapped and undiscovered reserves that will last the present population for a very very long time to come.

Twilight Hue

With the national debt going up by nearly 2 trillion per year now, they may as well just go all out and do as you suggested. What's another 200 trillion if it means saving humanity (even though China would continue with oil and coal anyway)?
If the left wing eco nazis had their way , they would allow fossil powered China to take over the world without nary a whimper about it.

Koberstein

*Banned*
You said:

Obviously we will

Eventually

I think my patents with Caterpillar and my engineering degrees speaks volumes for themselves over someone's novice idea about global warming.
Shalom
If the left wing eco nazis had their way , they would allow fossil powered China to take over the world without nary a whimper about it.
No kidding

Koberstein

*Banned*
You said:

Obviously we will

Eventually

I think my patents with Caterpillar and my engineering degrees speaks volumes for themselves over someone's novice idea about global warming.
Shalom
Sure we will. Seeing as how I'm probably the sort you would classify as an "Eco Nazi" you can ask me anything you'd like about my thoughts on non-renewable and renewable energy. There are both pros and cons to every approach one could take on these issues.

Honestly, at the end of the day these issues will sort themselves out on their own as they must do. While it's unfortunate that the geological legacy of the human species is likely going to be the sixth mass extinction event and a pile of rubbish, it is what it is. This is probably one of my favorite environmental webcomics of all time because it is the brutally honest truth of the matter:

hilarious_mother_nature_illustration_640_high_02.jpg
The markets will figure it out. The markets has already figured out that the general population does Not want electric vehicles.
Shalom