• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Global warming

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Not necessary. My patents with Caterpillar and my engineering degrees will probably be more than suffice which some people might lose some brain cells trying to understand.
Shalom
Engineering in no way guarantees that a person understands the sciences, as your rotating marshmallow post showed.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
I think my patents with Caterpillar and my engineering degrees speaks volumes for themselves over someone's novice idea about global warming.
Shalom
Oh wow let's allow engineers and inventers to run the world!!!!!

What a fantastic idea what could possibly go wrong!

Your patents mean nothing to me and what has engineering got to do with running out of oil??????

What is your field of engineering?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The markets will figure it out. The markets has already figured out that the general population does Not want electric vehicles.
Shalom
Not true at all. There is not enough interest in EV's at this time because it is new technology and too many people are believing the lies about EV's. Are they perfect? Not even close. They are still a very new technology. But for the average person they are very reliable and have more than enough range to get the job done.

And sooner or later, hopefully sooner, gas will be a thing of the past. People are listening to science deniers a less and less as time goes on.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Oh wow let's allow engineers and inventers to run the world!!!!!

What a fantastic idea what could possibly go wrong!

Your patents mean nothing to me and what has engineering got to do with running out of oil??????

What is your field of engineering?
I would guess that he is a mechanical engineer. Though probably not in the area of combustion since the concept of how heat flows seems to be alien to him. Just my guess.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's amazing to me that since 1900 that 24% of the Noble Prize winners were Jewish ✡️,
But Jews only comprise less than 1% of the global population.
That is mainly cultural. For centuries the Jewish people have valued education more than any others. So when it comes to a prize that is dependent upon a person being educated it is not unusual that there were a disproportionate number of Jews that won those prizes. But that in no way guarantees the education of any particular Jew.

Koberstein

*Banned*
That is mainly cultural. For centuries the Jewish people have valued education more than any others. So when it comes to a prize that is dependent upon a person being educated it is not unusual that there were a disproportionate number of Jews that won those prizes. But that in no way guarantees the education of any particular Jew.
Wrong answer. It's not a cultural thing. It's in our DNA. The largest export from Isra'el today is technology. Secondly, the Noble Prize is not dependent on education, but life changing innovation. Better read and study ✡️ Jewish culture.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Wrong answer. It's not a cultural thing. It's in our DNA. The largest export from Isra'el today is technology. Secondly, the Noble Prize is not dependent on education, but life changing innovation. Better read and study ✡️ Jewish culture.
I sincerely doubt that and I am very sure that you cannot support that it is a genetic trait. It could be, but from what I know of famous Jewish scientists it was largely how they approached the sciences. Feynman is an excellent example since the wrote a rather thorough autobiography.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
If the left wing eco nazis had their way , they would allow fossil powered China to take over the world without nary a whimper about it.
No, we wouldn't. Have you actually engaged any of these "left wing eco nazis" in conversation? Hi, by the way. I noticed you didn't respond to my other post. If you are ignoring me on purpose, I would ask you do me the courtesy of telling me so and I will probably just put you on my ignorelist so I don't waste time responding to your posts. Thanks.

Koberstein

*Banned*
I sincerely doubt that and I am very sure that you cannot support that it is a genetic trait. It could be, but from what I know of famous Jewish scientists it was largely how they approached the sciences. Feynman is an excellent example since the wrote a rather thorough autobiography.
You can believe what you want. The Jews ✡️ are God's chosen people. It was Jew that invented the nuclear bomb. It was also a Jew that invented a vaccine against polio. Jews owned most if not all of Hollywood in the 1930s and the 1940s. Jews owned the largest investment banking firm in America and probably in the world. The world's wealthiest investment banking family at one time was the Jewish Rothchilds ✡️. Who grew up in a poor ghetto in Germany. I could go on, but I guess you get the picture.
The Jews ✡️ are supposed to be a blessing to all the nations, unfortunately all the nations have not been a blessing to the Jewish people.
Shalom

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No, we wouldn't. Have you actually engaged any of these "left wing eco nazis" in conversation? Hi, by the way. I noticed you didn't respond to my other post. If you are ignoring me on purpose, I would ask you do me the courtesy of telling me so and I will probably just put you on my ignorelist so I don't waste time responding to your posts. Thanks.
You will find that "Eco Nazi" isn't a new term. That goes all the way back to the early '80s back in the time we had groups like ELF and the like going around and destroying things including burning down housing complexes which of course is great for the environment with all that billowing black chemical smoke.

Also I get so many responses so it's hard to keep track of it all , so if you really want to put me on ignore that's fine, it's just less for me to contend with.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
The markets will figure it out. The markets has already figured out that the general population does Not want electric vehicles.
Shalom
That's an oversimplification and a dubious claim, but setting that aside, the truth of this claim is largely irrelevant. Whatever "the markets" are, the reality is all markets are subservient to the limitations of our environment. Ecology > economy. This relationship is often ignored for better or for worse, but will necessitate change as environment ultimately dictates the course of events for human civilizations. As I recall, Jared Diamond's book Collapse (see Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed) among other similar works goes into this in some detail. Fossil fuels are, point blank, not sustainable. Neither are EVs. Present levels of human population and consumption and energy use are just not sustainable in general and must eventually decline. While hypothetical solutions exist to ease this needed change (e.g., degrowth, appropriate tech, reciprocity), implementation will be uneven. It would be interesting to see what flourishes amidst these transformations and what does not.

Koberstein

*Banned*
That's an oversimplification and a dubious claim, but setting that aside, the truth of this claim is largely irrelevant. Whatever "the markets" are, the reality is all markets are subservient to the limitations of our environment. Ecology > economy. This relationship is often ignored for better or for worse, but will necessitate change as environment ultimately dictates the course of events for human civilizations. As I recall, Jared Diamond's book Collapse (see Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed) among other similar works goes into this in some detail. Fossil fuels are, point blank, not sustainable. Neither are EVs. Present levels of human population and consumption and energy use are just not sustainable in general and must eventually decline. While hypothetical solutions exist to ease this needed change (e.g., degrowth, appropriate tech, reciprocity), implementation will be uneven. It would be interesting to see what flourishes amidst these transformations and what does not.
Don't over think it. I am a supply side person.
Increase supply prices will come down, but decrease supply prices will go up. The markets rarely get it wrong. There is more down side to owning an EV than upside.
Whatever the government gets into you get more of. If the government gets into helping poor people, you get more poor people. If the government gets into helping sick people you get more sick people. Environment dictates nothing. The markets do that, because that is where the money is.
Shalom