• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God gives you freedom, and then forces you to do as He Commands.--?? Incompatible.

Greatest I am

I would think that GOD’s unconditional love would come without expectation or condition.

Unconditional love does not set conditions like commandments.
Where was this unconditional love at the time of the flood.

God said, oops now where did I lose that unconditional love, I had it just a moment ago. Oh damn it all to hell with it I fell like a good genocide today.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

Katzpur

The only thing God expects is that you will seek Him till you find Him.
You are free to do whatever you can but should remember that it is hard to seek God if you are dead. Live long and prosper.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

As a Latter-day Saint, that's not what I believe happens.

You should have explained what the belief is so that I would not have to ask here. Do not use one liners when two or three are required to show your thought. Time is precious.
Quality is better than quantity.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

The God I worship loves me. I trust him will all of my heart. I gladly try to follow his commandments and know I'm better off doing so. I welcome his council and direction for my life. I know he forgives me when I make mistakes.

How sweet and comfy for you. how easy to take the easy road.

Regards
DL

God gives you freedom, and then forces you to do as He Commands.--?? Incompatible.

When man was given freedom and free choice, he rejoiced. Then God gave His commandments with the threat of punishment if His commandments and laws are not followed. These two concepts are incompatible. God gives up His -right- to command and then threatens those who do not follow His commands.

Debate-
Which is it? Are we free or are we slaves?

Regards
DL
What God do you talk about? God has never told me to do a thing, or asked or commanded.

Greatest I am

How do you know if the road I've chosen in life has been easy or very difficult? Why the sarcasm?

Because of my costic personality and fury with people who have yet to find God and say things like God loves me. Especially Christians who follow a genocidal maniac whe has killed millions of the ones He loves.

I spend most of my time fighting fundamentals and I admit that my sarcasm is always close by. Don't take it personally. I assume that most here as thick skinned as I and can take the truth. I do not like those who self delude themselves. I see God potential in all of us and do not like it when people look for some outside God.
God loves me, to me, means I love myself. this may explain to you why I jumped you. I jumped your word not you.

Regards
DL

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Ok Ok. I may have been in a touchy mood from talking to fundamentals.

Regards
DL

O.K...

But remember ...the fundamentals can say the same from talking to you..

But your character(here) is showing up to be quite intolerant and insulting..

Be prepared to judge not..lest you be judged in the same way...

Love

Dallas

Greatest I am

O.K...

But remember ...the fundamentals can say the same from talking to you..

But your character(here) is showing up to be quite intolerant and insulting..

Be prepared to judge not..lest you be judged in the same way...

Love

Dallas

I expect to get as hard as I give. I am serious when I say that I am a warrior for my God. I am more fundamental in this than Fundamentals. My God is also a beer God than theirs. All Christians seem to forget that the Bible, as good as it is, is a compilation of older religious though. A best guess put together for Constantine as a tool of social manipulation and control. It is time for Christians to grow up to this reality.

Regards
DL

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I expect to get as hard as I give. I am serious when I say that I am a warrior for my God. I am more fundamental in this than Fundamentals. My God is also a beer God than theirs. All Christians seem to forget that the Bible, as good as it is, is a compilation of older religious though. A best guess put together for Constantine as a tool of social manipulation and control. It is time for Christians to grow up to this reality.

Regards
DL

Maybe...But you are going about it the wrong way if you believe this...Being hateful and mean and pushy and rude is not the way of Christ..

And you said "all Christians"...you mean except you?...Thats arrogant..

And I am assuming it was a type-o that your God is a "beer God"...

Love

Dallas

Greatest I am

Maybe...But you are going about it the wrong way if you believe this...Being hateful and mean and pushy and rude is not the way of Christ..

And you said "all Christians"...you mean except you?...Thats arrogant..

And I am assuming it was a type-o that your God is a "beer God"...

Love

Dallas

It was a type-o, better is what I meant to write, although He does not mind beer.

You are correct in your assessment. What can I say.
I have been aware of my short fuse for some time and know that most who respond to me are the more hard core of religion and this is partially why my style has developed the way it has. I have noticed though that I am getting better. You of course will not see this but you do not know my history. I am a bull. I have noticed of late that my humor is trying to push my forcefulness aside and I welcome this. it is a slow move but I am encouraged.

I am still occasionally truthful to the point of what some would call ignorance, rightly so most times, but I have noticed my intensity lowering to a better position.
It is difficult to bring humor to bear when speaking with those who applaud the genocide of men and wait with rubbing hand to have God return to do us again. Hard to make humor to bring shame in such a case but I will find a way over time.
I am a work in progress.

Shame is a good teacher.

Regards
DL

Greatest I am

How do you know if the road I've chosen in life has been easy or very difficult? Why the sarcasm?

I have sort of been speakin to you indirectly but...

I centered you out for my wrath at others and I would appreciate it if you would forgive my uncouth remarks. I am sorry.

Regards
DL

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Eve's so called sin gave us moral sense. Would you want her to repent? Would you stop her from reaching for the tree of knowledge?
Clearly, you know nothing whatsoever of my religion's teachings on this subject. We actually believe that Eve's decision was a good one and ultimately benefited all of us. We don't look down on her the way a lot of Christians do. According to our doctrine, none of us would even be here if she hadn't eaten the forbidden fruit. So, no, I wouldn't have stopped her from reaching for the tree of knowledge.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
It was a type-o, better is what I meant to write, although He does not mind beer.

You are correct in your assessment. What can I say.
I have been aware of my short fuse for some time and know that most who respond to me are the more hard core of religion and this is partially why my style has developed the way it has. I have noticed though that I am getting better. You of course will not see this but you do not know my history. I am a bull. I have noticed of late that my humor is trying to push my forcefulness aside and I welcome this. it is a slow move but I am encouraged.

I am still occasionally truthful to the point of what some would call ignorance, rightly so most times, but I have noticed my intensity lowering to a better position.
It is difficult to bring humor to bear when speaking with those who applaud the genocide of men and wait with rubbing hand to have God return to do us again. Hard to make humor to bring shame in such a case but I will find a way over time.
I am a work in progress.

Shame is a good teacher.

Regards
DL

We are all a work in progress..Not just you...

Im happy you have made progress...

And those who(you speak of) that wait for genocide...are just wrong...

I dont care how itchy their hands are...Let them rub their hands...

IMHO...

Love

Dallas

Greatest I am

Clearly, you know nothing whatsoever of my religion's teachings on this subject. We actually believe that Eve's decision was a good one and ultimately benefited all of us. We don't look down on her the way a lot of Christians do. According to our doctrine, none of us would even be here if she hadn't eaten the forbidden fruit. So, no, I wouldn't have stopped her from reaching for the tree of knowledge.

Your right, I know little of your religion but if this is an example of your beliefs then your God as well as mine has improved on the policy of the orthodox.

What other improvements has your religion done. Please tell more.

Regards
DL