• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God Is Not A Tolerant God

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Are you saying children should be punished for their Father's sins? Truly that paragraph didn't make much sense to me.

Well, either those things happened or they didn't. If they did, God is a madman. There is no way around that with my moral codes.
You are trying to sum up God with incomplete descriptions and you have wound up with an incomplete God that you are dissatisfied with. I'm not surprised by this.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
It's impossible for "God" to have existed before "I" did. Sorry, that's a violation of very basic logic, Sandy.

Ringer

Jar of Clay
doppelgänger;912229 said:
It's impossible for "God" to have existed before "I" did. Sorry, that's a violation of very basic logic, Sandy.

Only if you are assuming that all "God" really is is what our mind creates him/her to be. I think Sandy is coming at it from a different perspective which is why the dialogue between you two doesn't seem to be moving anywhere ;)

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Only if you are assuming that all "God" really is is what our mind creates him/her to be. I think Sandy is coming at it from a different perspective which is why the dialogue between you two doesn't seem to be moving anywhere ;)

What, you mean there's more than one perspective?! :eek:

Darkness

Psychoanalyst/Marxist
Sandy said:
You are trying to sum up God with incomplete descriptions and you have wound up with an incomplete God that you are dissatisfied with. I'm not surprised by this.

So, if I go and rape a girl and I am unrepentant, you would say, "Wait, I have to know everything about you before I could condemn you." I do not understand your reasoning.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;912229 said:
Keep inventing new meanings for words and understanding will continue to elude you.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
doppelgänger;912343 said:
Trying to control the future
is like trying to take the master carpenter's place.
When you handle the master carpenter's tools,
chances are that you'll cut your hand. - Tao te Ching
You see, when you make up your own meanings this is the kind of nonseqitor tht spews out.

athanasius

Mary might disagree with you. ;)

You do not know scripture or Church history very well do you. Rape is a violent act done to someone who is unwilling, out of anger and mental problems. God did nothing violent to her at all, rather she freely faithfully consented saying "May it be done unto me according to your will" Her fiat, her yes, her free will. She could have said no according to catholic theology. But she assented out of love and Honor for God.:yes:

God bless you through the Co-redemptrix Mary,
Athanasius

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
Total mumbo jumbo. God is not you nor the reflection of Him that you see. He is certainly not a relationship.

If God is not reflective, then why are there so many interpretations of It, then? For example, the OP provided one. Dopp and I are providing one. You are as well.

And if there is only one correct interpretation, how do we go about deciding which it is?

He is a stand-alone complete being whom existed before you did and exists completetly without you.

That is something that cannot be validated except to the individual. And as an individual, I have reasons to doubt that God is a "stand-alone being...completely without [me]". Whether or not It existed before me is irrelevent to my experience of It.