• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God rejects homosexuals...this is a fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right - so when the original Greek of the New Testament uses words that mean things like "pederast" or "male prostitute" rather than blanket terms that would apply to all homosexuals, then this can't be taken as a condemnation of all homosexuality, can it? After all, as you point out, they had the terms and could've used them if they wanted to.

Is homosexuality included in the meaning of the Greek word? Yes.

The Bible's also clear that you should remove the beam from your own eye before trying to remove a speck from someone else's, but that doesn't stop you from doing what you do, does it?

Using that analogy, my sins are the speck in my eye and homosexuality is the beam in homosexuals eyes.

BTW - exactly where in Revelation does it talk about homosexuality?

Revelation 22:15 "Outside are the dogs (read: homosexuals) and the sorcerers, and the fornicators, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and everyone that loves and makes a lie."

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Is homosexuality included in the meaning of the Greek word? Yes.
Which word, in which verse? Please be specific.

Using that analogy, my sins are the speck in my eye and homosexuality is the beam in homosexuals eyes.
No, the beam's in your eye and the speck is in the homosexual's eye. If you have a problem with the analogy, take it up with Jesus.

Revelation 22:15 "Outside are the dogs (read: homosexuals) and the sorcerers, and the fornicators, and the murderers, and the idolaters, and everyone that loves and makes a lie."
Ah. I didn't think homosexuality was mentioned in Revelation; it seems I was right. It's just your sketchy eisegesis.

Christian Pilgrim

Nice try...but it won't work.

Something that was part of the Greek society was homosexuality, and it can't be possible that the Greeks didn't have a word to define it. At least use common sense combined with reality about this.

It appears that some homosexuals are trying hard to justify their pervert desires as acceptable by God and they try to deviate the meaning of the words found in the bible by giving their own deceived interpretations.

The bible is clear about it, homosexuality is an abomination to God, and Moses, the apostles and the same Jesus in the book of Revelation have declared homosexuals as deserving death and/or never inheriting the new kingdom.

At least, there are lots of homosexuals who are inn better position than the "religious homosexuals" because they simply say: "There is no God". These secular or atheist homosexuals are not hypocrite as the religious ones because they just get away of religion and live their life without conflicts against God...well, from their point of view, of course.

The so called "Christian homosexuals" lack of reasoning when they pretend that God is in their side, because God isn't. This thread is informing them that no homosexuals will inherit the kingdom of God regardless of how much faith or good works they do, and that the only possibility for them to be accepted in the new kingdom is to repent and stop being homosexuals.

Best wishes.

This is why I question your salvation and conversion to Christ. The Scriptures reavels that you are a liar from your hatred; therefore, you cannot love God. Didn't we settle the question that Christians are sexually immoral; therefore we need an alien righteousness to inherit the kingdom of God? It's very interesting that you ignore my request to explain your understanding of the gospel of God. What is the gospel of God about His Son for sinners?

God Is Love

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

http://www.gaychristian.net/

Last edited:
Now we need to meditate strongly on the meaning of arrogance.

The Greeks, just like us, described homosexuality and homosexual acts imprecisely. That is, we have the word "homosexuality" and the desciptors of that word, including scientific, psysiological, euphemisms, and slang all have a variety of other meanings... so much so that a translator may have difficulty finding a precise translation.

Is that right?

Then, according to you, when in the book of Revelation(22:15) Jesus says that "dogs" will stay outside of the new kingdom, together with fornicators, sorcerers, lovers or lies, etc...why the "translators" decided to use a literal translation instead of the meaning according to expression itself?

Example: You say that performing your work is a "piece of cake", and if you translate it to French or Spanish, or Italian, or any other language, the translation of this expression must be with words meaning "something easy to do", not so with the meaning of a piece of a cake made in a bakery.

Are you assuming that the bible is saying that "dogs" the animals won't inherit the new kingdom together with sorcerers, idolaters, fornicators, etc?

Come on.

Bibles lack of a footnote explaining the meaning of that word "dogs".

It's much easier, then, to point to the words of Christ - "thou shalt not judge" or "remove the plank from your eye" than it is to arrogantly say that a person has no place in the kingdom of God.

It should be worst is nobody tells homosexuals that they are an abomination to God.

At least "religious" homosexuals are receiving their 30 days notice...to quit?(*)

("30 days notice" is an expression meaning "warning notice")

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It should be worst is nobody tells homosexuals that they are an abomination to God.

At least "religious" homosexuals are receiving their 30 days notice...to quit?(*)

If homosexuality is really an abomination to God, then this is written on everyone's heart already and there's no point whatsoever in you browbeating people over the issue.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member

On what authority do YOU have to tell anyone else how to live their life?

And what do you mean nobody is telling homosexuals are they are abominations to God? It's practically all we've heard all our lives from the religious! Sheesh! You think you've the first one to tell us this? C'mon! We know many religious hate us and dig up some out of context Bible verse to justify their hate. This is nothing new. You're nothing new.

Now, are you ready to have an honest discussion on the issue of homosexuality or did you just come here to bash us?

This is why I question your salvation and conversion to Christ. The Scriptures reavels that you are a liar from your hatred; therefore, you cannot love God. Didn't we settle the question that Christians are sexually immoral; therefore we need an alien righteousness to inherit the kingdom of God? It's very interesting that you ignore my request to explain your understanding of the gospel of God. What is the gospel of God about His Son for sinners?

God Is Love

Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us. If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

GayChristian.Net: The Gay Christian Network

Nahhhh

Your interpretation of the bible words lead to love Satan as well because Satan is my enemy, and such is a "no no".

God is Love but God also said that if we love him back...then we must keep His commandments. And one of His commandments is not to be homosexuals, otherwise the penalty is death.

Because I love my "brothers" I am in the position to tell them to quit being homosexuals because they will perish forever if they don't.

Best wishes.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Nahhhh

Your interpretation of the bible words lead to love Satan as well because Satan is my enemy, and such is a "no no".
You can love someone without following him. Can't you love Satan in the sense that you hope that he turns away from sin?

God is Love but God also said that if we love him back...then we must keep His commandments. And one of His commandments is not to be homosexuals, otherwise the penalty is death.
Is it? Or is that one of the parts of the Old Law that Christ tore down and nailed to the cross?

BTW: what are God's commandments about revilers, and how do you think they apply to your revulsion of homosexual people?

On what authority do YOU have to tell anyone else how to live their life?

They asked a similar question to Jesus and Jesus always said that his words weren't his but that he was giving the message sent by God.

I read the bible and I just spread out what the bible says.

And what do you mean nobody is telling homosexuals are they are abominations to God? It's practically all we've heard all our lives from the religious! Sheesh! You think you've the first one to tell us this? C'mon! We know many religious hate us and dig up some out of context Bible verse to justify their hate. This is nothing new. You're nothing new.

So, there are lots of people telling you that the bible clearly states that being homosexual is an abomination to God and you still don't get it?

Now, are you ready to have an honest discussion on the issue of homosexuality or did you just come here to bash us?

I have been honest from the very beginning and my words are based 100% in what the bible states about homosexuality. I don't understand what other kind of discussion you want to take.

Christian Pilgrim

Nahhhh

Because I love my "brothers" I am in the position to tell them to quit being homosexuals because they will perish forever if they don't.

Best wishes.

The Great Commandment

And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” And the scribe said to him, “You are right, Teacher. You have truly said that he is one, and there is no other besides him. And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” And after that no one dared to ask him any more questions. Jesus as recorded in the book of Mark

Hey Drivingbackwards,

How's it's going in keeping the commandments of God for you personally? Are you able to keep the commandments of God perfectly as required by God to inherit the kingdom of God? Could you please share your understanding of the gospel of God so I can discern what you proclam to be the good news of God? If you continue to refuse to post your understanding of the gospel, I will continue to consider you to be a false teacher for the dark and evil hate that you continue to proclaim. I am speaking the truth in love because not all who claim to know God through Christ are actually an adopted child of God. You have a false assurance, showing that your true Father is the devil. Do you consider yourself sexually immoral by your own actions, why or why not? Are you trying to say that you have never lusted after a woman, therefore commiting adultery? Have you never had pre-marital sex, or commited fornication? I have commited numerous sins including sexual sins; therefore I love the Lord Jesus Christ in what He has done for wretched sinners like me. Christ died for the ungodly to bring me to God.

Never Knew You

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’ - A historical record of Jesus the Christ

“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye. - The words of Jesus as recorded in Mark

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves. - Jesus

Last edited:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
They asked a similar question to Jesus and Jesus always said that his words weren't his but that he was giving the message sent by God.
So you're claiming to be similar to Jesus?
So, there are lots of people telling you that the bible clearly states that being homosexual is an abomination to God and you still don't get it?
Just because they say doesn't mean it's true. My life and my experiences tell me differently. I'll believe my heart over the homophobic words of others.
I have been honest from the very beginning and my words are based 100% in what the bible states about homosexuality. I don't understand what other kind of discussion you want to take.
Except you're denying the other side of the issue.

A

angellous_evangellous

If you say so. I'm not going to question your interpretation of New Testament Greek. drivingbackwards, OTOH, I trust him about as far as I could comfortably throw him.

There's a huge difference between what the Greek says and how we should interpret and apply it both theologically and practically.

In my humble opinion, there is enough elasticity in the Greek to read all the passages as at least imprecise about specifically addressing homosexuality. This is stronger, in my opinion, than demanding that homosexuality is specifically addressed in every possible case in the NT. There is some elasticity - that's how language works.

The interpreter needs to be honest about what the text says, and at the same time the Christian needs to be gracious and humble about application.

Our friend here is niether.

A

angellous_evangellous

Isn't it curious how one can get so far from the message of Christ when one focuses on the wrong thing?

Here's some free advice: using the Word of God in an attempt to destroy others is to abuse it.

Think of it as uniting the body of Christ with a prostitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.